:::[Official Playoffs] San Francisco 49ers vs. New Orleans Saints @ Candlestick 01/14:::

great first half
pimp.gif

vodka run ......

Originally Posted by Peep Game

This isn't just for this game, but does anybody else think the whistle gets blown way too quick when there's a potential fumble/strip?

Every single time.

Why was Alex Smith even throwing in that situation?

Take a knee go into the half with the lead.

Don't give the Saints the opportunity to get another score.

Good 1st half.

49ers need to pound the ball with Gore in the second half and try to slow down this Saints offense.

I'll take a 3 pt lead at the half. Need better playing calling and need to run up the tackles more and exploit the weak run D. Our D needs to come up huge like they did in the 1st.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Looking at the stats from from my phone. Does brees seriously have 31 pass attempts in just the first half?? Good god, and somehow you guys are impressed with his yards total on the year. He's the colt Brennan of the nfl
Get outta here with your crap. This doesn't need to turn into a QB debate because anyone with any football knowledge would know that Brees coming into this game would throw at least 50 attempts. Not only is it their strength, but running the ball plays right into the hands of the Niners strength.

I'll take a 3 point lead into halftime over the Saints any day. They did capitalize on Saints' turnovers; the offense needs to try to run the ball more in the 2nd half and keep the ball out of Brees' hands.
They're getting pressure on Alex- gotta run the ball and hopefully have more success with that.

Great game
pimp.gif

I don't see the 49ers getting another 10 points off turnovers so I have to go with the Saints in the 2nd half.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Looking at the stats from from my phone. Does brees seriously have 31 pass attempts in just the first half?? Good god, and somehow you guys are impressed with his yards total on the year. He's the colt Brennan of the nfl
Get outta here with your crap. This doesn't need to turn into a QB debate because anyone with any football knowledge would know that Brees coming into this game would throw at least 50 attempts. Not only is it their strength, but running the ball plays right into the hands of the Niners strength.

Chill oot mane, just saying. Not trying to make this a qb debate. I compared him to a qb. I consider 40 pass attempts a pass heavy game but dude is on pace for 60 attempts. Gameplaning or not I've never seen that much unbalance offensively.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'll take a 3 point lead into halftime over the Saints any day. 

Yeah, but momentum is more important than the score in a close game like this. Niners can get 3 more INT's, but Brees will still drive them to at least two or three scores and when SF can't score, that's all the difference.
If the Niners want to give themselves a chance then Special Teams is gonna have to come up big.

jay02...we're in an era where MARK SANCHEZ throws the ball 40-50 a game somtimes. part of it is how the game is played now. even teams that shouldn't throw that much do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I don't see the 49ers getting another 10 points off turnovers so I have to go with the Saints in the 2nd half.

Brees is so confident in himself that it can turn into careless at times. I see him throwing another INT in the second half.

Chill oot mane, just saying. Not trying to make this a qb debate. I compared him to a qb. I consider 40 pass attempts a pass heavy game but dude is on pace for 60 attempts. Gameplaning or not I've never seen that much unbalance offensively.

Fair enough, I'll chill. But c'mon...Colt Brennan? 

Fair enough, I'll chill. But c'mon...Colt Brennan? 

Well yeah... Hawaii Colt Brennan obviously. The one that threw the ball 60-70 times a game. And point taken deadset it's crazy all around.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

49ers are acting like alex smith is THE MAN on this team ... this game should be over ... saints now get another chance to tie

he has no %%##@+% vision ... how long has he been in the league
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom