***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Their videos didn’t do a damn thing either. Give that cash to Stacy
I think at this point, there's no taking back the GOP. They might as well go ahead and form a spoiler party for those who can't vote Democrat but can't support what the GOP has revealed itself to be.

Random thoughts ...

FBI outchea still looking for people?? FOH

Why do they pray before the impeachment trials? Is separation of religion and state not a thing anymore? I'm naive, someone please educate me.

Random thoughts ...

FBI outchea still looking for people?? FOH

Why do they pray before the impeachment trials? Is separation of religion and state not a thing anymore? I'm naive, someone please educate me.
That law applies more to schools than anything else. It’s against the discrimination of religions in public areas or use of public areas as places of worship.

someone else chime in if I’m incorrect

1613064868423.png

I like Ezra a lot, and I think his criticism of California's issues are legit, I think it is a great example of the American government having too much veto power built into it, and highlights how important good governance is as a selling point to voters.

But I just don't buy this line....
If progressivism can’t work there, why should the country believe it can work anywhere else?

He doesn't come close to making a convincing argument on this point. It basically hinges on "California is big, so it gets a lot of attention" and not much else.

I wonder if he is trolling his boy Matt with this though :lol:...

Writing this piece, I found myself thinking about Ibram X. Kendi’s book “How to Be an Antiracist.” Kendi’s central argument is that it is policy outcomes, not personal intent, that matter. “Racist policies are defined as any policy that leads to racial inequity,” he told me when I interviewed him in 2019. “And so, for me, racial language in the policy doesn’t matter, intent of the policymaker doesn’t matter, even the consciousness of the policymaker, that it’s going lead to inequity, doesn’t matter. It’s all about the fundamental outcome.”

Last edited:
As a counter-example, Kansas ran a full-on hardcore experiment in right-wing economics.

That joint was such a disaster damn near, every single institution in the state and tons of Republicans endorsed a Democratic for governor.

It was that big of a disaster

Yet it was not big news because, it was, you know, Kansas.

Last edited:
The complaints about California:
Too many people, too much traffic, housing costs too high, too much homeless.

Also noted as a negative in article:
Net -100,000 migration out of California

nah you missing the point. People are not the problem.

it's well within california's ability to address traffic, housing costs and homelessness.
They simply choose not not.

people leaving california because it's progressive government is incompetent is bad for progressivism.

As a counter-example, Kansas ran a full-on hardcore experiment in right-wing economic theory and economics.

That joint was such a disaster damn near, every single institution in the state and tons of Republicans endorsed a Democratic for governor.

It was that big of a disaster

Yet it was not big news because, it was, you know, Kansas.

Kansas got so bad that Republicans had to repeal some of the tax cuts because they had 0 money for schools. 😆🤣😂

I like Ezra a lot, and I think his criticism of California's issues are legit, I think it is a great example of the American government having too much veto power built into it, and highlights how important good governance is as a selling point to voters.

But I just don't buy this line....

He doesn't come close to making a convincing argument on this point. It basically hinges on "California is big, so it gets a lot of attention" and not much else.

Yeah I think the bigness is pretty important.

easy to dismiss say success in vermont or oregon, as Sui generis, the result of being small a racially homogenous states

if having the progressive in charge does not work at the scale of california why would it work at the scale of the entire country.

nah you missing the point. People are not the problem.

it's well within california's ability to address traffic, housing costs and homelessness.
They simply choose not not.

people leaving california because it's progressive government is incompetent is bad for progressivism.
The thing is, there is no unified "they" in California.

It is failures are not caused by universal inaction. As in progressive (progressives are not even in the majority in Cali, the left is diverse in the state) just choosing to do nothing.

It is failure coordination. Basically, some want reforms, others use their veto powers to stop it. Cali also has problems structurally that are much bigger and harder to solve (like the tax code and the fact the state catches on fire every damn year now)

So **** is just compounding on one another.

Kansas got so bad that Republicans had to repeal some of the tax cuts because they had 0 money for schools. 😆🤣😂

If I remember correctly, they went down to a 4 day school week because they couldn’t afford to pay for all the costs.

If I remember correctly, they went down to a 4 day school week because they couldn’t afford to pay for all the costs.

They did, it was such a 🤡 show that other states like Oklahoma and Louisiana were hiring Kansas teachers away for significant pay raises.

Back
Top Bottom