***Official Political Discussion Thread***

While the rescue package is still too small, there’s things about it that are cause for optimism, especially when compared to the Democratic approach in 2009.

One, we crossed a watershed, at least as far as consensus within the Democratic Caucus is concerned. The Clinton-Gingrich consensus is being rejected. The notion that poverty is a moral failing and therefore, what little direct aid poor people get must be accompanied by “corrective” measures like work/volunteer requirements, parental education, nutritional education, mandatory job training ect. That is being rejected by more and more Democrats. For the most part, poor people are poor because they have no money and the best approach to tackling poverty is to give people money.

Two, related to item one, Democrats are starting to move away from the idea that we can only deal with stagnant wages and unemployment though worker retraining or “upskilling.” While worker training and further education has a place and probably needs more resources, it’s a fact that most workers already have valuable skills and what they need are measures to boost aggregate demand for those skills and the way to do that is with fiscal stimulus which this bill provides.

Third, no more of this submerged state ********. In 2009, the Democratic Party, still somewhat under the long shadow of Reaganism, felt the need to hide its recovery efforts and/or to launder it through your employer. This time, people are getting a good deal of money put into their hands. Obviously this is related to item one, the distrust of low income workers is finally dissipating among congressional Democrats.

Last edited:

fam really said "This parking lot is the hub of the community." :lol:

NIMBY's are a scourge and they must be eradicated. :smh:

This post is worth a bump because America saw this NIMBY buffoonery, and knew that they need to one-up Canada and show the world we are still the leaders when it comes to NIMBYISM.

USA! USA! USA!....

Can't let folk have affordable housing because....check notes.....hold up really....rechecks notes.....cayotes might run off with their kids

Can't let folk have affordable housing because....check notes.....hold up really....rechecks notes.....cayotes might run off with their kids
Well said. I agree 100%.

I bet these folks who want to move in there don't even have a full cabinet of guns to put down the 30-50 feral hogs that want to take their children.

This post is worth a bump because America saw this NIMBY buffoonery, and knew that they need to one-up Canada and show the world we are still the leaders when it comes to NIMBYISM.

USA! USA! USA!....

Until reading this, the most original NIMBY claim I had every seen was when, SOAR (Save our Agricultural Resources) the leading NIMBY institution in Ventura County, said that any further development in Ventura County would reduce the local supply of citrus and it would cause scurvy as a result.

my wife did the taxes and since she only worked for less than 6 months so...we’re getting a check! i tell her we are getting over 5k any day now and start talking about some air maxes and she gave me a look and said my son’s tuition for next year is coming up. i hope you guys get fake shoes with your checks...
B9BBA5EC-7617-40DD-ABEA-044259B28D8B.gif
My check will be going right back to the IRS since I owe them :smh:

In other news the NYPD has discovered that people of color are 1566% more likely to use marijuana than whites!
If we give them even more money they can make even more discoveries. They're like a friendlier version of NASA

How have the dozen states that legalized marijuana swept all those child deaths under the rug?
And Florida listed THOUSANDS of covid deaths as pneumonia.

Back
Top Bottom