***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Right now Joe Manchin is trying to sabotage a reconciliation bill that would cut poverty in his state by a massive amount., and give people of WV more Medical benefits. All by double-crossing his party, while talking gibberish.

While AOC is trying to get members of her party to stick to a compromise they made which also includes increasing tax for the rich

Somehow in your world getting things done is mainly about convincing racist white people to vote for you, and not actually doing anything to improve the material conditions for regular-day people.

So Manchin ****ery gets a pass, and AOC gotta get criticism

I mean, what do you want me to say?
what Joe Manchin is doing is not good.

but he's also the only man who could have won west Virginia so unfortunately the world is slave to his dumb idiosyncrasies.

this is funny, because I don't go "yas kweeeen" on her lil dress im a conservative.

get a grip. :lol:

Aint nobody say all that.

But man, seeing you posting that “yas kweeeeen” stuff….especially as a brother. Knowing full and well that has been co-opted by white people as a perjorative for the cheering on of successful black women is wild to see.

Do better

no, I don't like this.

there are plenty of stuff that both, annoying on people on twitter like and I like.
i agree with progressives on like 98% of issues.
You literally cited Twitter reactions to explain your issue, but um, ok.

So you just don't like that a committed genuine non-goofy leftist wrote a message on her dress that she genuinely believes in. At an event, I am assuming you don't really care about it.

Yeah, that is not weird at all.

perhaps it's just my general personality.

Im not a right wing person, so I expect right wing phonies to be phony. there are conservative phonies everywhere on the planet.

but people in my peer group, who are allegedly committed to some of the same goals as me.
I find it to be much much more annoying when they do goofy ****.
This is exactly the reason Bill Maher gives for his latest anti progressive ******* :lol:

You literally cited Twitter reactions to explain your issue, but um, ok.

So you just don't like that a committed genuine non-goofy leftist wrote a message on her dress that she genuinely believes in. At an event, I am assuming you don't really care about it.

Yeah, that is not weird at all.

politician uses political tactics I don't like...to appeal to a group of people I don't like.

and thus I don't like it?

it's a stylistic preference, im not criticizing some substantive policy choice.

I can like AOC ideas and not like her style. it's fine.

But man, seeing you posting that “yas kweeeeen” stuff….especially as a brother. Knowing full and well that has been co-opted by white people as a perjorative for the cheering on of successful black women is wild to see.

Do better

actually im using it to mock white leftists who use this to cheer on performative leftism, while doing nothing substantive to help black people.

EvFMu4OXIA0YFvq.jpg

actually im using it to mock white leftists who use this to cheer on performative leftism, while doing nothing substantive to help black people.
Yet you are taking issue with a dress of a politician that is committed to trying to help black people

All while shrugging at someone allowing the right of black people to be attacked, and sabotaging a bill that might cause one of the biggest reduction in black poverty in this country

And the reasoning for this is, shrugs, West Virgina

politician uses political tactics I don't like...to appeal to a group of people I don't like.

and thus I don't like it?

it's a stylistic preference, im not criticizing some substantive policy choice.

I can like AOC ideas and not like her style. it's fine.
I thought you just didn't like the dress? Outside of other people's reactions to it

Seems like your reasoning is changing from post to post.

People can not like the stuff you type and post on NT. It's fine

Do better
Doing his own performance.

what is there to push back on.

I acknowledged im not the target audience.
clearly people love this stuff, clearly it works.

but i don't like this type of stuff. why this is a problem is beyond me.

Because you typed this...

obviously I'm not the target audience.

but man my eyes couldn't have rolled harder.
performative leftism for the amusement of cultural elites.

show up to the gang bang with an "embrace celibacy" t shirt next.

[/QUOTE]

And then seemingly backed off this point. So you lost the reasoning for taking issue with her wearing the dress, then say your objections are still totally valid, then when it comes time to state those issues, you restate a remix of the highlighted point.

Just seems like your usual schtick of being a bit reactionary yet claiming your are completely reasonable.

I thought you just didn't like the dress? Outside of other people's reactions to it

Seems like your reasoning is changing from post to post.

People can not like the stuff you type and post on NT. It's fine

I don't like the dress for the reasons I said, they haven't changed;

I don't like when leftism is performed for cultural elites, I don't like it. It's the same reason "The Activist" tv show is bad imo.
and I acknowledge that other people are into this type of stuff.

Because you typed this...

And then seemingly backed off this point. So you lost the reasoning for taking issue with her wearing the dress, then say your objections are still totally valid, then when it comes time to state those issues, you restate a remix of the highlighted point.

Just seems like your usual schtick of being a bit reactionary yet claiming your are completely reasonable.
[/QUOTE]

I have not backed off any point. I don't like performative leftism for cultural elites.

I acknowledge that im not the target audience. other people clearly like this stuff. I do not.
but that's me.

actually the reasoning is that the democratic party would have literally nothing if not for Joe Manchin.

no joe manchin, no senate, so i can only be so mad at him.

we don't have to be mad at the same things in the same way.
You can only be so mad because this **** doesn't affect you.

BTW...

No Jon Tester, no Seante.
No Sherrod Brown, no Senate
No winning NH is 2016 by a hair, no Senate
No Warnock, no Senate
No Ossoff, no Senate

No activist spending their time and money to get out the vote for Dems all over the country....no Senate

And please, you take issue when people are mad and Manchin, You offer up defenses for his *******, even when they are flimsy.

So it is fair game for people to out your position on this.

Last edited:
I don't like the dress for the reasons I said, they haven't changed;

I don't like when leftism is performed for cultural elites, I don't like it. It's the same reason "The Activist" tv show is bad imo.
and I acknowledge that other people are into this type of stuff.
You are talking about AOC though

So who wears the dress doesn't matter?

it seems important to the context

You can only be so mad because this **** doesn't affect you.

1. it does effect me,
2. im the same way with canadian politics.

No Jon Tester, no Seante.
No Sherrod Brown, no Senate
No winning NH is 2016 by a hair, no Senate
No Warnock, no Senate
No Ossoff, no Seante

No activist spending their time and money to get out the vote for Dems all over the country....no Senate

And please, you take issue when people are mad and Manchin, You offer up defenses for his ****ery, even when they are flimsy.

So it is fair game for people to out your position on this.

you know Joe Manchin has the most difficult senate seat to hold.
you hate him and that's fine, but this reads as mental gymnastics to avoid the reality of the situation.

You are talking about AOC though

So who wears the dress doesn't matter?

it seems important to the context

the people in the show "The Activist" could be the most sincere and dedicated activist
but because im not into the idea of performing activism for cultural elites, the whole thing rings hollow to me. as with this dress.

im making a stylistic criticism. Like im not into this type of thing,
it doesn't matter who does it.

Back
Top Bottom