***Official Political Discussion Thread***

i didn't say that. I said it was not an unknowable subject that a lay person can not have opinion about.
especially when it comes to questions that don't have objective answers.

phonics vs whole language has an objective answer. phonics is better.
whether we read to kill a mocking bird vs. the diary of anne frank is not nearly as clear cut.

so what you're saying is you're an
un-fireable bureaucrat un accountable to the public, making decisions for parents about their children without regard for there opinions or values.

the conservative propaganda writes itself! :lol:

my point stands; it's fine if the majority of parents back you, but if they don't you have a problem.
and telling people "well you're not an expert" isn't going to cut it.

No I am held accountable by administration and directors on the board of education that review my lesson plans, lectures, assignments, tests, quizzes, projects. To make sure they align with state courses of study to make sure each student is receiving an equitable education.

My classroom is observed randomly without prior notice to observe instruction as well, on top of planned professional development to improve it.

But most people wouldn't know that. Why? Because THEY'RE NOT IN EDUCATION.

And you're right admin is not going to shoot 70 students in the foot over the gripe of one. Your one child is not more important than everyone else even if they are to you. Unless that teacher is actively discriminating against that child. The excuse of "he doesn't want to hear about racism" isn't valid.

So my statement stands. Unless you're in education. You're not qualified to talk about what should and shouldn't be taught.

Last edited:
Like there is evidence black teachers improve outcomes for black students.

if the teachers wanna fight the public for diversifying the staff okay I'm right there with you.

but like whether we read Robin Diangelo powerpoint or Ibram X Kendi powerpoint,
I think you better be able to explain to the public why it's good.

Like there is evidence black teachers improve outcomes for black students.

if the teachers wanna fight the public for diversifying the staff okay I'm right there with you.

but like whether we read Robin Diangelo powerpoint or Ibram X Kendi powerpoint,
I think you better be able to explain to the public why it's good.

Or how about the public read both and write us a 3 page double spaced MLA formatted paper as to which one is better?

If you think teaching is just knowing content
LOL.

Every day at work, I have this discussion with coworkers about how the brilliant college professors we had sucked at transmitting info.

I fully agree with you.

The only time parents have a say in how their kids are educated is when it is clear that the teachers are obviously violating established standards of truth (religion doesn't count until they can summon God on demand).

No I am held accountable by administration and directors on the board of education that review my lesson plans, lectures, assignments, tests, quizzes, projects. To make sure they align with state courses of study to make sure each student is receiving an equitable education.

and they are accountable to?

1637337857146.png

saaay it, you know the answer.

at some point we are going to need a Godwin's law for slavery.
the slavery analogies start when you're losing the argument lol.
I'm not arguing with anyone for there to be any winning or losing, and it's not a slavery analogy (again I'm sure you know this, just "the game is afoot").

Just a personal observation on how the same argument travels through time, reworded in many different ways, but toward the same end.

Osh really be falling for the right wing/WS okie doke :smh: :lol:

They aren't arguing in good faith. Stop acting like they are.

All this BS about CRT was drummed up to piss off the voting base of the GOP.

They don't even know what CRT is but the propaganda machine did what the propaganda machine has always done.

Osh really be falling for the right wing/WS okie doke :smh: :lol:

They aren't arguing in good faith. Stop acting like they are.

All this BS about CRT was drummed up to piss off the voting base of the GOP.

They don't even know what CRT is but the propaganda machine did what the propaganda machine has always done.

Do you think a teachers saying "parents should have no control over their child's education or learning"
makes the CRT propaganda easier to drum up or harder?

Do you think a teachers saying "parents should have no control over their child's education or learning"
makes the CRT propaganda easier to drum up or harder?

It honestly doesn't matter. These people are mad at something that is not even being taught in K-12 public schools.

It is literally fake outrage. Do you think bending to the will of people like that will make things better?

You give them an inch... you know the rest.

It honestly doesn't matter. These people are mad at something that is not even being taught in K-12 public schools.

It is literally fake outrage. Do you think bending to the will of people like that will make things better?

You give them an inch... you know the rest.

i've already had this argument so i wont get into it again,
suffice to say i think this attitude is crazy.

CRT to is being used as a buzzword to capture some real and some imagined resentments with school administrators.

it's not totally fake.

I'm a teacher and I believe this...Most parents can't do 5th grade math. If they want to teach they can get an education degree and do it, create curriculum or work as admin . If not they can stay out of my classroom, and I mean that will all due disrespect.

I don't go into their place of work and tell them how to do their job.

I agree with you. My wife is a teacher and I've learned from her how stupid parents are and how much they don't really know their child's learning style.

CRT is 100% fake propaganda to cause outrage from the dumb voters.

If parents are mad about schools being closed during the pandemic they wouldn't need to mention CRT at all during these school board meetings.

Covid vaccine mandates for students, mask mandates, and school closings have absolutely nothing to do with "CRT" being taught (not really) in K-12 public schools. NOTHING!!!

Back
Top Bottom