***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Real talk, I am not looking forward to engaging with some parts of the service economy again

I got a two-year break but I know in 2022 my girl gonna be dragging me to musicals, corny-*** art exhibits, and an overpriced brunch events.

My black *** doesn't want to go pumpkin picking again.

I dodged the pumpkin picking but I haven't been able to avoid brunch, festivals, or any other Doc Marten and handlebar mustache infested event.

If I was a teacher and I believed this, id probably keep it to myself.

I'm a teacher and I believe this...Most parents can't do 5th grade math. If they want to teach they can get an education degree and do it, create curriculum or work as admin . If not they can stay out of my classroom, and I mean that will all due disrespect.

I don't go into their place of work and tell them how to do their job.

I dodged the pumpkin picking but I haven't been able to avoid brunch, festivals, or any other Doc Marten and handlebar mustache infested event.

I'm a teacher and I believe this...Most parents can't do 5th grade math. If they want to teach they can get an education degree and do it, create curriculum or work as admin . If not they can stay out of my classroom, and I mean that will all due disrespect.

hey man common core math is the worst...got me looking like an idiot in front my 2nd grader

I don't see an issue with the article

What is the big deal

it's public school,
telling tax paying citizens they have no right to control their child's teaching is a losing hand.
just sounds like a good way to radicalize people against public schools and push people to private.

also I find the analogy pretty self aggrandizing,
if the controversies surrounding schools were about like phonics vs. whole language instructions
id be like sure parents are being dumb, phonics is clearly more effective way to teach reading and writing.

but like these arguments seem to be about history curriculum, or dei initiatives, or excessive school closures eect
they don't have like some large body of evidence, where a parent can't disagree.

and I would advise you that to keep that sentiment on the sneaker forum
and out of a parent teacher conference. :lol:

I went to all white schools, my parents had to come in their on more than one occasion
and scream at my principle over racist / discriminatory teacher behavior.

im pretty happy the principle didn't respond with " you don't have the right to control teaching and learning "

I went to all white schools, my parents had to come in their on more than one occasion
and scream at my principle over racist / discriminatory teacher behavior.

im pretty happy the principle didn't respond with " you don't have the right to control teaching and learning "
Discriminatory teacher behavior isn't the same as controlling teaching and learning but you know this anyways.

Real talk, I am not looking forward to engaging with some parts of the service economy again

I got a two-year break but I know in 2022 my girl gonna be dragging me to musicals, corny-*** art exhibits, and an overpriced brunch events.

My black *** doesn't want to go pumpkin picking again.

Pumpkin picking is the worst fam. Sending my condolences.

and I would advise you that to keep that sentiment on the sneaker forum
and out of a parent teacher conference. :lol:

I've said it before with admin present in the meeting. My job is to provide all my students with an equal, fair, and accurate education regardless of their race, religious beliefs, political background, sexual orientation to prepare them to be productive citizens after graduation. Not to cater to your personal beliefs of what you think your child should know.

I had a parent have a problem with me wearing a black lives matter shirt to school during Black History month this was prior to George Floyd late 2018 We were discussing the impacts racism has had on IT and software development and how the implicit biases can be reflected through social media, video games etc.

Parent didn't like it...I told said parent verbatim "It's not my job to teach what you like".

Didn't lose my job, I didn't get touched, and I did nothing wrong. I would've been letting down the few black kids in my class who get force fed dead old white men every single day they step inside of schools if I let that woman "control what I teach".

Just because she didn't want little Braxton to hear about "racism".

Anything can be manipulated to shut down grievances, especially black ones.

I know you know this.

some things more than others.

Elevating teachers to this unassailable expert status over questions that aren't like objective technical disputes
sounds great when the school shares your politics.

I've said it before with admin present in the meeting. My job is to provide all my students with an equal, fair, and accurate education regardless of their race, religious beliefs, political background, sexual orientation to prepare them to be productive citizens after graduation. Not to cater to your personal beliefs of what you think your child should know.

I had a parent have a problem with me wearing a black lives matter shirt to school during Black History month this was prior to George Floyd late 2018 We were discussing the impacts racism has had on IT and software development and how the implicit biases can be reflected through social media, video games etc.

Parent didn't like it...I told said parent verbatim "It's not my job to teach what you like".

if the parents support you fine,
if they don't; sounds to me like you're playing with fire.

if it's public school, you aren't above dissent.

But the topic at hand is objective technical disputes.

it isn't.

DEI trainings don't have some large body of empirical evidence proving their effectiveness.

whether we read Beloved, or Things Fall Apart for 10th grade English class
is not a technical dispute that a normal parent can't have an opinion on

More than Half of America was indoctrinated with mythology and lost cause of confederacy teachings….

I personally was told I was “wrong” as a child for answering the civil war was fought on slavery.

The CRT **** is such a spit in the face to black Americans. osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh . And giving ANY credence and some pseudo critical thinking to it, than recognizing it for what it is, had been and it’s end goals is absurd.

if the parents support you fine,
if they don't; sounds to me like you're playing with fire.

if it's public school, you aren't above dissent.

There is a national teacher shortage across America and it's just going to continue getting worse. You have more educators leaving the profession than new ones entering due to.

-low pay
-too heavy of a workload
-lack of resources

It's more but those are the main culprits. Administration is not going to fire a teacher that is contractually fulfilling their obligations and doing their job to the best of their abilities within the curriculum because a few parents are upset. Parents think they have more pull than they do. Most you can do is get the kid transferred out the class or moved to a new school.

Admin is not going to let 70+ kids go without a teacher because 1 parent is unhappy.

If people want that much control over education. Go get an education degree. Until you're in a classroom or a school everyday your opinion doesn't mean s***.

You're not qualified.

this is just gate keeping,
relax, you aren't a solving quantum physics.

it's not some unknowable arcane mathematics that requires years of study for it to be comprehensible to a layperson.
It's public school, don't see how you evade any scrutiny from the public.

More than Half of America was indoctrinated with mythology and lost cause of confederacy teachings….

I personally was told I was “wrong” as a child for answering the civil war was fought on slavery.

The CRT **** is such a spit in the face to black Americans. osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh . And giving ANY credence and some pseudo critical thinking to it, than recognizing it for what it is, had been and it’s end goals is absurd.

and so if you and large majority of the parents in your school walked into a school board meeting and told them
"this lost cause mythology is wrong we need to stop teaching it"

and they responded with:
"you don't have the right to control teaching and learning"

you'd shrug your shoulders and say "well i guess i gotta listen to the experts"?

this is just gate keeping,
relax, you aren't a solving quantum physics.

it's not some unknowable arcane mathematics that requires years of study for it to be comprehensible to a layperson.
It's public school, don't see how you evade any scrutiny from the public.

If you think teaching is just knowing content then this whole conversation is a waste of time lol and no it's not gatekeeping it's preventing people from engaging in discussions where their whole information sources are Youtube videos, Facebook posts, and Q Anon propaganda.

What percentage of the people arguing the books should be banned have actually read the book cover to cover? I'd be shocked if the number was greater than 3%.

Last edited:
If you think teaching is just knowing content then this whole conversation is a waste of time lol.

i didn't say that. I said it was not an unknowable subject that a lay person can not have opinion about.
especially when it comes to questions that don't have objective answers.

phonics vs whole language has an objective answer. phonics is better.
whether we read to kill a mocking bird vs. the diary of anne frank is not nearly as clear cut.

There is a national teacher shortage across America and it's just going to continue getting worse. You have more educators leaving the profession than new ones entering due to.

-low pay
-too heavy of a workload
-lack of resources

It's more but those are the main culprits. Administration is not going to fire a teacher that is contractually fulfilling their obligations and doing their job to the best of their abilities within the curriculum because a few parents are upset. Parents think they have more pull than they do. Most you can do is get the kid transferred out the class or moved to a new school.

Admin is not going to let 70+ kids go without a teacher because 1 parent is unhappy.

so what you're saying is you're an
un-fireable bureaucrat un accountable to the public, making decisions for parents about their children without regard for their opinions or values.

the conservative propaganda writes itself! :lol:

my point stands; it's fine if the majority of parents back you, but if they don't you have a problem.
and telling people "well you're not an expert" isn't going to cut it.

and so if you and large majority of the parents in your school walked into a school board meeting and told them
"this lost cause mythology is wrong we need to stop teaching it"

and they responded with:
"you don't have the right to control teaching and learning"

you'd shrug your shoulders and say "well i guess i gotta listen to the experts"?

You’d have to completely ignore the history of America, and why this is possible and who consistently and conveniently bends these made up rules to have that outcome.

You act like everything is and has been on an even playing field :lol:. And act like these folks are honest actors.

We know the play man. But sure, keep naively giving these folks the benefit of the doubt, under the idea of “it can happen the other way too”.

When history has just shown us what it exactly is.

You’d have to completely ignore the history of America, and why this is possible and who consistently and conveniently bends these made up rules to have that outcome.

You act like everything is and has been on an even playing field :lol:. And act like these folks are honest actors.

We know the play man. But sure, keep naively giving these folks the benefit of the doubt, under the idea of “it can happen the other way too”.

When history has just shown us what it exactly is.

im not giving any one the benefit of the doubt
im telling you that that attitude cuts both ways.

radicalizing people against public schooling will not get rid of lost cause history teachings,
if anything it will do the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom