***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Only ppl who still care about the emails are the dumb trump supporters still holding on to what lil hope they have left ...majority of them haven't even actually read the emails at that :lol:

As she sought to burnish her image as an advocate of working America, Mrs. Clinton declared her opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Mr. Obama’s 12-nation trade pact, and distanced herself from Nafta, which her husband signed into law.

But in a 2013 speech to a Brazilian bank, Mrs. Clinton took a far different approach. “My dream,” she said, “is a hemispheric common market, with open borders, sometime in the future.”

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.n...s/hillary-clinton-speeches-wikileaks.amp.html

Last edited:

I don't get it. Trump has always been the same person. He was this same exact way when they wrote those checks. Why do they want their money back all of a sudden ?
You're right. The hypocrisy is wild. People just don't want a paper trail leading to them donating to what will go down as one of the most embarassing campaigns in the history of this country now that they see chances are that he wont win. People really took a gamble with their reputation hoping to be on the winning team when it's all said and done.

I can't wait 'til the town hall debate in 16 years when someone gets put on the spot for supporting Trump.

I believe they wanted the money back after the tape.
There is a large circulation Christian magazine that just turned on him too because of that. How he won the evangelical vote is beyond me.

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2016/10/christianity_today_donald_trum.html

I mite get flack for this but i always thought that behind closed doors donald trump may have been an "okay" guy lol

But.....that little piece of tape pretty much confirms hes an ******* lol

Last edited:
The impact from the hot mic scandal is now starting to hit & will continue to effect throughout the week...

The latest from 538 updated almost an hour ago.

Last edited:

It's over ninja, it's going to be a landslide
laugh.gif

u sure if serious... there's still another debate da 19th with Chris Wallace and Trump has started to regain already from leaked tape & strong 2nd debate performance.

I'm convinced that we all watch these debates with our biases on full display. I thought he looked terrible during the debates. I can't wrap my head around people thinking he did a better job. His response to a question on Islamophobia was enough alone for me.

Last edited:
Debate won't have any effect on the vote. He has no substance & he does a great job playing to his base. One only needs to look historically to see debates have little or no effect on presidential elections.

Poor fella keeps saying wait for the nuclear ad blitz, wait for the email leak, wait till labor day, wait for the next email leak, wait till the first debate, wait for the next email leak, wait for the second debate, wait for the next email leak, wait for the haymaker on the third debate... :lol:

A grown man living at home with moms has given the poor fella such a false sense of reality...

Last edited:
Some people watch debates like they are rooting for their favorite Sports team.

They will cape for any type of behavior if the guy is on their team.

I'm convinced that we all watch these debates with our biases on full display. I thought he looked terrible during the debates. I can't wrap my head around people thinking he did a better job. His response to a question on Islamophobia was enough alone for me.

He didn't, some of his staunchest supporters began to leave after the tape surfaced, the debate not being a complete disaster for him stemmed the tide from those people. Which is why he's back to 37% post-debate up from the 35% he was right after the tape. But that still indicates not only did he not grow his base, but that he still hasn't gained back all the support he's been at for the malty of the race with his floor being around 40%. He's finished.

Last edited:
At the end of the day i'm convinced that these debates don't have any effect on the election. If you don't know who your voting for at this point, you just don't plan on voting.

Poor fella keeps saying wait for the nuclear ad blitz, wait for the email leak, wait till labor day, wait for the next email leak, wait till the first debate, wait for the next email leak, wait for the second debate, wait for the next email leak, wait for the haymaker on the third debate... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[thread="509493"]Quote:[/thread]

everyone thought he won considering Hillary had da leaked tape ammo and managed to do nothing with it.

At the end of the day i'm convinced that these debates don't have any effect on the election. If you don't know who your voting for at this point, you just don't plan on voting.

It's impossible for debates to have the same effect in these day and times. Social media presence is to strong and we get info by the second to the point where the mind is already made up.

[thread="509493"]Official Political Discussion Thread/27780_20#post_26703105​[/thread]
everyone thought he won considering Hillary had da leaked tape ammo and managed to do nothing with it.
Well that's where we're different. I didn't really lower my expectations of him because a tape of him bragging about groping women came out. Why would you lower the bar for him in that situation? They're vying for the same position. These candidates have to be held to a high standard at all times.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 ^This dude is still like

whenever he talks about Drumpf's campaign and his chances at winning.

Still waiting for your proof CNN saying he won the second debate. Meanwhile, here's some of those "everyone" you speak of:

Last edited:
Well that's where we're different. I didn't really lower my expectations of him because a tape of him bragging about groping women came out. Why would you lower the bar for him in that situation? They're vying for the same position. These candidates have to be held to a high standard at all times.

A lot of people did lower expectations even further for him. Most everyone was expecting a meltdown with the tailspin he was in. He still gave no substance and really didn't take responsibility for advocating sexual assault which is why he still isn't even back at his floor level.

all political pundits of all sides of da spectrum said Trump's performance at da debates "stopped da bleeding" which tips da hat to fact at how effective he was.

Political scientists have always stated debates don't have effects on the actual election... Romney performed better than President Obama...Walter Mondale performed better than Reagan...

Media spin could matter more than anything. Washington Post writer Dylan Matthews said it best -

...the effects on debates on eventual votes are likely mild, and, in most cases, effectively nil. Moreover, what effects do exist are often caused by factors wholly beyond the candidates' control, like media coverage, attractiveness, and whether voters are watching a Nats game in the other panel of their TV.

Damn, I guess homey doesn't look at the site he tried misquoting anymore...

Last edited:
Debate won't have any effect on the vote.
i think it does though

for the "undecided" voters or for the people that bailed on trump that was trump's time to possibly win them back and recharge his base.. but he failed miserably

Last edited:
The mental gymnastics and interpretations continue to astound. Every scientific poll I've seen said Hillary won the debate, Drumpf performed better than expected, and still he's down almost double digits.

Also viewership dropped 20% from the first one, less truly undecideds and people getting tired of the entire process, I'm sure this last one will have even less people watching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom