***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Photo_Funia_1519340534.jpg

Lady gonna end up like this dude

Only those in the fox news bubble think that right-wingers are the only ones who carry. In addition, she's gonna show up at a school, locked and loaded, after teachers have been encouraged by Republicans to get familiar with weapons in order to thwart school shootings? 😂

C119B04A-DAC6-4D6B-BD91-C83023E06142.gif

“the parent that made the statement realized that, and immediately contacted law enforcement to apologize because the statement was not intended the way it was perceived. “

this woman really trying act like she said some shh like “I’m going ‘blow up’ the bathroom”.. how many ways was the shh she said supposed to be perceived!?!

Look at all this freedom American workers get to enjoy

On Friday, an Outagamie County judge ruled in favor of ThedaCare and issued this order:

“Make available to ThedaCare one invasive radiology technician and one registered nurse of the individuals resigning their employment with ThedaCare to join Ascension, with their support to include on-call responsibilities or;

“Cease the hiring of the individuals referenced until ThedaCare has hired adequate staff to replace the departing IRC team members.”

A dispute over workers between two Fox Valley health care providers is now before an Outagamie County judge.

Thursday morning, ThedaCare filed for a temporary injunction against Ascension Wisconsin, saying it could cause the community harm by recruiting a majority of its comprehensive stroke care team.

We’re told seven of the 11 members of that team accepted positions with Ascension Wisconsin to work at St. Elizabeth Hospital. That transition would begin Friday, January 21.

ThedaCare operates the only Level II trauma and comprehensive stroke care unit in the Fox Valley. It says losing these workers could impact its ability to have people on call 24/7, which is necessary for accreditation.

“The facility in Appleton at St. Elizabeth is a primary stroke center so that is one designation below. So stroke victims may have to be diverted to Green Bay or potentially as far as Madison or Milwaukee,” said Lynn Detterman, a senior vice president at ThedaCare.

The court action seeks to partner with Ascension Wisconsin for 90 days, giving ThedaCare enough time to fill those lost positions.

Detterman added, “Where the issue is is the group recruitment, and it will be in our court filing with our examples for that, but it just really in the spirit of our community is harmed by this potentially so we just want to work collectively to ensure that does not happen.”

So you mean to tell me that the courts can prevent me to start working for a different company even though I'm an at-will employee because the company I'm leaving will be significantly impacted?

Look at all this freedom American workers get to enjoy

So you mean to tell me that the courts can prevent me to start working for a different company even though I'm an at-will employee because the company I'm leaving will be significantly impacted?

saw this on r/antiwork and figured they didn't stand a chance, wow. da free market at work.

i mean they could've paid their employees instead of legal fees, but ok...

i mean they could've paid their employees instead of legal fees, but ok...
The company declined to counter offer and went to the judge to stop capitalism from happening:

The silver lining of the pandemic is people realizing just how much the system is stacked against those without money and connections, even if they intend to play the game by its rules.

The company declined to counter offer and went to the judge to stop capitalism from happening:

The silver lining of the pandemic is people realizing just how much the system is stacked against those without money and connections, even if they intend to play the game by its rules.

Aside from the obvious labor issues, this also nicely illustrates the crazy moral hazard created by having any community rely on the private sector for emergency health care. Whether hundreds of thousands of people lose access to rapid treatment after having a stroke should not hinge on a hospital saving 2 or 3 million dollars a year.

Back
Top Bottom