***Official Political Discussion Thread***

In reality, the American public is under-taxed on aggregate

Especially the ultra-rich, but also the upper middle class

Also, tax enforcement against these groups is too weak

The wealthy have too many tax avoidance schemes available to them

Covid stimulus gave people a taste of the government providing a financial safety net for the middle class and people loved it. It was a good thing. People should want the government spending to help the middle class and poor. But an anti-tax attitude only helps greedy conservatives foment anger that serves as a roadblock to better tax policy

I’m fine with taxes as long as it goes to meaningful stuff that helps people. I live in one of the higher taxed places in the country. I’m not complaining really. MN has good jobs to make up for it and supports workers.

I’d be fine paying more tax if we nationalized healthcare because you pay for it one way or another.

Folks, the next several months are going to fly by and GOP Primary debates will be upon us.

A tip for anyone looking to do quick takes during those debates, keep a dedicated folder of Soprano memes/gifs at the ready.

This man will eventually use the “w-word.”

I’m fine with taxes as long as it goes to meaningful stuff that helps people. I live in one of the higher taxed places in the country. I’m not complaining really. MN has good jobs to make up for it and supports workers.

I’d be fine paying more tax if we nationalized healthcare because you pay for it one way or another.

Exactly. I feel like it’s good will to help others whether directly or indirectly, but when the time comes for everyone to get a break or a little financial support, don’t try and give us any blowback.

It’s the greedy people who mess it up. Not everyone was out here trying to steal PPP loan or stimulus money and buy Lamborghinis and designer goods.

Some of us really put the money to good use

Im not into politics like that but the Repubs are ACTIVE as ****. They trying everything out here :lol:

WTF are the Dems up too?

Democrats:
joker-did-your-balls-drop-off (1).gif

:lol:US gov't used the possible threat of Chinese Gov't having access to your data to gain more access and power over yours?

They Use this method like the Warriors use screens :lol: , every time the government has to "intervene" before the new big evil threat to America,just know they are about to fear trip people into accepting ridiculous invasions of privacy

Back
Top Bottom