***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yes, we are extremely jealous of your party being conned and grifted for 8 years. Truly delusional.

5D067648-2D22-43AF-B286-592BF21122F7.jpeg

I believe if they had a “respectable” candidate, the republicans probably have had the 2016 and 2020 presidency locked up.

Am I missing something? Did these pundits get to see/hear evidence they have to make charges? I understand the skepticism because it’s Trump but people really need to chill and wait for more information.
There’s no denying that it’s based on a fairly novel legal theory though. There's not much new that is mentioned in this indictment.

I think if Trump had handled the pandemic better he would have won.

Your right. Had he not messed that up, taken it seriously, listened to ACTUAL scientists instead of defacto Google doctors in his admin, and NOT politicized wearing a mask, he would have won in a landslide. But he's a moron who can't not appease his nut job base. He only had himself to blame.

Your right. Had he not messed that up, taken it seriously, listened to ACTUAL scientists instead of defacto Google doctors in his admin, and NOT politicized wearing a mask, he would have won in a landslide. But he's a moron who can't not appease his nut job base. He only had himself to blame.
I wouldn't think it would be a landslide but more of a 50-50. the Republicans in general during that time weren't doing so well.

I think most people get it wrong

Trump is the strongest presidential candidate the GOP had in 2016 and 2020. I think Comey probably cost Clinton the election, but I would think that Trump's coalition outperforms a generic Republican, or Ted Cruz, anyway. Especially in the Midwest.

And I think he loses in 2020 regardless. But that is much closer and harder to say. Saying Trump would have won the 2020 election if he handled COVID better is not a slam dunk to me because:

a) Kinda like saying if Trump wasn't Trump he would have won. I just don't think a general seriousness would have matter than much all things considered. It probably helped him with as many voters it hurt him if all things considered because come election time it was a culture war issue.

b) Looking at the map, I think PA and Michigan were states he would have listed anyway. Then it comes down to AZ, GA, and Wisconsin. All three were small margins.

But looking at 2018, and 2022. Just seems enough swing voters have had it with Trumpism.

I think if Trump had handled the pandemic better he would have won.
well, it exposed him to the voting public that he doesn't care at all. aside from the fact that most if not all of the people that died during the pandemic could be his hardline supporters. the only reason that he won in 2016 was that the swing states (Bernie supporters) didn't believe Hillary enough nor was she that likable at all. he could have had a chance if he handled the pandemic but his lack of action and leadership made him a distasteful candidate even more and it showed with his arrogance. he thought just because he won against Hillary, he can be a criminal and still be president.

For some time I really thought DeSantis would be the GOP nominee, after all he's the Republican wet dream when you look at what he's done for the far-right in Florida.
But then I saw his public speaking speaking sessions, or perhaps attempts is the better word. It's clear as day that DeSantis does not have 'it', he looks awkward.
Trump is going to eviscerate DeSantis in the debates, while simultaneously forcing DeSantis to both run against him and lick his boots at the same time.
Even with all those culture war victories that the MAGA cult celebrated, by now a lot of the Trump cult has turned on DeSantis and seem to see him more as a RINO now, which is completely bat**** insane.

The ****show will be glorious. Trump's debate tactic is to just screw any sense of decorum and bombard the opponents with lie after lie, ridiculous accusations, ...
I doubt someone who's as awkward as DeSantis is at public speaking, even when surrounded by nothing but sycophants, can deal with Trump's barrage tactic of overwhelming the opponent.

Last edited:
For some time I really thought DeSantis would be the GOP nominee, after all he's the Republican wet dream when you look at what he's done for the far-right in Florida.
But then I saw his public speaking speaking sessions, or perhaps attempts is the better word. It's clear as day that DeSantis does not have 'it', he looks awkward.
Trump is going to eviscerate DeSantis in the debates, while simultaneously forcing DeSantis to both run against him and lick his boots at the same time.
Even with all those culture war victories that the MAGA cult celebrated, by now a lot of the Trump cult has turned on DeSantis and seem to see him more as a RINO now, which is completely bat**** insane.
well, the Republicans don't have anyone to start with. Desantis' name only came up only because he is trump lite. other than that, there is no one worth noting for the republican party and the only true republican they had was cast out by them as well. the GOP just went up in flames when they chose to stick with the criminal orange idiot.

Attachments

• liz.jpg
    liz.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,067
Back
Top Bottom