***Official Political Discussion Thread***

And Trump is going to win because Democrats couldn't field an awake, lucid candidate. It's like the Democrats were slowly driving their ship into an iceberg and instead of changing course, they ran right into it and now they're acting surprised.

Biden won the primary fair and square.

Nobody was stopping anyone else from running against him.

Polling showed for months that Biden was doing better than any other Democrat

It was only a "generic Democrat" that was polling better.

That why people didn't push him.

Conspiring to kick out an incumbent president, when you don't have a consensus unity candidate would have a wild move.

And no one is acting surprised

Anyone paying attention knew this was a concern for Democratic leaders and voters.

I know people are panicking. But that doesn't make hot takes anymore valid.

Polling showed for months that Biden was doing better than any other Democrat

It was only a "generic Democrat" that was polling better.

That why people didn't push him.

Conspiring to kick out an incumbent president, when you don't have a consensus unity candidate would have a wild move.

And no one is acting surprised

Anyone paying attention knew this was a concern for Democratic leaders and voters.

I know people are panicking. But that doesn't make hot takes anymore valid.

This speaks to one of my points: if Biden is genuinely the best candidate that Democrats can muster then there is a fundamental flaw in the party. They have a historically weak bench.

This speaks to one of my points: if Biden is genuinely the best candidate that Democrats can muster then there is a fundamental flaw in the party. They have a historically weak bench.
Dude, you are reaching for an angle to criticize the Democratic Party, and I think you just need to chill for a bit.

Dems have a fine bench. They seem to have a decent list governors and Senators that are skilled politicians

It is that we live in highly polarized times, and it takes a while to build up name recognition.

Relative to other left wing parties the Dems have shown themselves competent.

I get you want someone to blame right now. It gets it. But you are basically complaining that the Dems didn't smoothly pull off a massive unseen political maneuver smoothly

A maneuver the entertained before, and it blew up in their face.

It makes more sense being upset at Biden all things considered

This really is your 9/11
:smh: :lol:
Nah, I'm not panicking

How does it help me, or anyone else?

Still gonna donate, still gonna phone bank when the time comes, still gonna knock on doors in hot *** Las Vegas weather.

This **** is too serious for me to just think tonight locks in another Trump presidency and throw up my hands.

-Also, for the record. I like Biden.

I ****ing hate both Kendrick and Drake for the idiotic rap beef. But Drake fans were less annoying IMO. They were like Rocky watching Apollo get washed, it was kinda funny seeing the spiral into despair.

Some Kendrick fans were bugging me with asinine dissertation about how a African American man is not really black, and sounding like some Pizzagate Qanon goofballs. Just enjoy the damn music :lol:

That thread support was heavily on one side. That is why I made the joke.

r/politics looking like the Drake thread right now.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm not panicking

How does it help me, or anyone else?

Still gonna donate, still gonna phone bank when the time comes, still gonna knock on doors in hot *** Las Vegas weather.

This **** is too serious for me to just think tonight locks in another Trump presidency and throw up my hands.

-Also, for the record. I like Biden.

I ****ing hate both Kendrick and Drake for the idiotic rap beef. But Drake fans were less annoying IMO. They were like Rocky watching Apollo get washed, it was kinda funny seeing the spiral into despair.

Some Kendrick fans were bugging me with asinine dissertation about how a African American man is not really black, and sounding like some Pizzagate Qanon goofballs. Just enjoy the damn music :lol:

That threads support was heavily on one side. That is why I made the joke.

r/politics looking like the Drake thread right now.
I was strictly talking about Not Like Us and the day it dropped (being your 9/11, that is), not the debate :lol:
Seems like you could use some REST and an HANDSOME night sleep *aepps voice*

I was strictly talking about Not Like Us and the day it dropped (being your 9/11, that is), not the debate :lol:
Seems like you could use some REST and an HANDSOME night sleep *aepps voice*
Only thing annoying about when Not Like Us dropped was my jackass cousin

If it wasn't for his ***, would have went by like a normal weekend :lol:

But that mother****er was feeling just like how Sean Hannity must be feeling right now

Whitmer, Newsom and Pete all would've mopped the floor with the orange man during that debate
Woman, Californian, Gay.

These are the things that work against them from the electorate POV. They're not technically insurmountable, but they matter when you float the idea of replacing the incumbent president on short notice.

There is a difference between the argument that another, you get, Democrat would have beaten Trump in the debate tonight

And saying that another you get Democrat would beat Trump in the general election

Just because tonight maybe hurt Biden's electoral prospects, doesn't mean it would have assured victory for another Democrat

Politics unfortunately isn't that simple

Woman, Californian, Gay.

These are the things that work against them from the electorate POV. They're not technically insurmountable, but they matter when you float the idea of replacing the incumbent president on short notice.

Pete would have the toughest hill to climb imo, despite being a good candidate. His minority support is also near non-existent.

That would leave Whitmer and Newsom. I feel as if Whitmer could beat Trump pretty handily or at least by the same margin as Biden had in 2020. She’s only 52 and is seemingly well liked demonstrating a favourability rating that's quite strong overall.

At this point I wish Trump and Biden would just retire together like Lebron and Bronny are finna do in 3 years.

If you're complaining about Joe Biden because of his age...

YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HILLARY CLINTON WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO.

I did.

Would be nice to be enthusiastic about a candidate, but it's almost always going to be a lesser of two evils situation. Got spoiled with Obama.

That would leave Whitmer and Newsom. I feel as if Whitmer could beat Trump pretty handily or at least by the same margin as Biden had in 2020. She’s only 52 and is seemingly well liked demonstrating a favourability rating that's quite strong overall.
I think Whitmer would have just as much trouble as Pete when it comes to convincing the electorate where it matters ("swing" states)

The average voter is all about optics, and I can already see attack ads talking about how un-American it would be to have a woman as leader of the free world. I don't think we've gone past that hurdle, especially when we know that many right-leaning women will not even be swayed by her background or shared experiences (we've already seen it with Hillary).

Newsom has a California housing problem.

None of them are silver bullets.

fflazz4ah89d1.webp

Back
Top Bottom