***Official Political Discussion Thread***

american constitutional lawyers are a bunch of really smart people who have devoted themselves to a fundamentally non-objective discipline.

they want law to be like a science or math to justify their fancy diplomas from fancy schools, but it's not.

any 110 IQ democrat could cast the same votes RGB or Sotomayor could and have law clerks write the opinions.

I'd vote for Rusty or Meth, or just about anyone in this thread to be Supreme Court justice they'd do just as a good of a job as RGB or Sotomayor.

Justices don't want to face this reality so to protect their ego they inflate their own importance. politics nerds and lawyers people feed into it by valorizing them.

The distance between a sane liberal federal judge and even John Roberts is staggering

Obama's read on dude was 100% correct.

95% of the time he will make the same ruling.

But the other 5% will be too consequential to trust him with that responsibility

i i don't know why but I torture myself listening to Advisory Opinions podcast.

constitutional lawyers really live in a bizzaro world, where politics doesn't exist and every lawyer is just doing constitutional mathematics to reach the correct ruling.

it all just happens to fall on partisan lines.

im going to listen to the post chevron decision, because im a masochist. everything will be divorced from the practical implications. and they will explain why their originalist quantum legal mathematics necessitates this ruling.

and what's more annoying is they really believe it, it's not just some cynical power play. they really think like this.

I guess I am in the minority but going into the debate I assumed Joe would stumble and bumble and Trump would lie. The headlines today read as such...so I am not sure if any Democrat was really living under the guise that Joe was some quick witted debate expert and was going to crush it. It seemed if anything the Republican's were setting the stage for "if he does crush it lets get ahead of it and say they are drugging him to be great on one night and he is still old and dumb".

I feel like we can just queue the Dennis Green gif of "they are who we thought they were". This low key didn't move the needle for me and i feel like a lot of people are really over-reacting, or were living in a fallacy land.

Last edited:
I know that people are scared and panicking so my advice is just relax and breathe. We are in June and this will be a very close race dictated by GOTV efforts nothing more or less. The debate told us what many people have known for awhile and that is Joe is old and Trump is old and liar and fascist and a rapist and a felon and a racist and fat and stupid. The choice is very clear. The Court and their nonsensical rulings should be enough, Trump's plans for everyone should be enough, life from 2016 to 2020 should be enough. What is enough you might ask? Enough that I would vote for Joe Biden hooked up to a ventilator and nonresponive before I would ever consider Trump.

To all those people saying this candidate and that candidate would've been better than Joe I laugh because if not for him being old and White we would be in a Trump second term. Biden holds the coalition together better than anyone else. Let's say for argument he steps down for Newsome, Gretchen or someone else, what would happen to the coalition? This reeks of the mythical Bernie would've beat Trump or the Celtics would've beat LA of Perk were healthy type nonsense.

giphy.gif

Where was this ************ last night?

I feel like we can just queue the Dennis Green gif of "they are who we thought they were". This low key didn't move the needle for me and i feel like a lot of people are really over-reacting, or were living in a fallacy land.
Yup, the idea that his performance last night is gonna make voters change their minds is ridiculous.
If someone has told you they're undecided in the last 8 years, they're lying to your face :lol:

This is a political prediction guy I follow pretty closely. He got 49 out of 50 states right in the 2020 election cycle. At this point Democrats don't really have a route to victory in the presidential election, they're just measuring levels of bad at this stage.

I might be overreacting and I hope we can look back on this in November and you guys can laugh in my face but I don't see a route to victory for Joe.

My frustration stems from how we got here. How are the Democrats big underdogs to a historically unpopular candidate like Trump?

Last edited:
This is a political prediction guy I follow pretty closely. He got 49 out of 50 states right in the 2020 election cycle. At this point Democrats don't really have a route to victory in the presidential election, they're just measuring levels of bad at this stage.

I might be overreacting and I hope we can look back on this in November and you guys can laugh in my face but I don't see a route to victory for Joe.

My frustration stems from how we got here. How are the Democrats big underdogs to a historically unpopular candidate like Trump?

Getting one past election right is great and all but I’m not buying this map.

Just looked at some of dude’s pre debate maps and I don’t see Wisconsin flipping after last night alone. I don’t think Trump runs the table across PA/GA/AZ/NV/WI.

I won’t even get into the question you pose, but it’s not as simple as ‘how do Dems have a weak bench?!?!’ Politics just isn’t that straightforward. And if you want an underlying answer?

America is a racist, misogynist nation ¯\_(ツ)_/ Countless scholars have tried to educate us to that reality that but the fact of the matter is Hillary scared a lot of insecure men, Obama scared a lot of insecure White folks, and now you’ve got a conservative news apparatus that finds ways to prey on those fears while lying about what’s really going on. Politics is ugly.

I know that people are scared and panicking so my advice is just relax and breathe. We are in June and this will be a very close race dictated by GOTV efforts nothing more or less. The debate told us what many people have known for awhile and that is Joe is old and Trump is old and liar and fascist and a rapist and a felon and a racist and fat and stupid. The choice is very clear. The Court and their nonsensical rulings should be enough, Trump's plans for everyone should be enough, life from 2016 to 2020 should be enough. What is enough you might ask? Enough that I would vote for Joe Biden hooked up to a ventilator and nonresponive before I would ever consider Trump.

To all those people saying this candidate and that candidate would've been better than Joe I laugh because if not for him being old and White we would be in a Trump second term. Biden holds the coalition together better than anyone else. Let's say for argument he steps down for Newsome, Gretchen or someone else, what would happen to the coalition? This reeks of the mythical Bernie would've beat Trump or the Celtics would've beat LA of Perk were healthy type nonsense.

Newsome the only legit other option anytime soon while identity politics still as successful as currently is

Have to be a straight white male

Even with Biden his age only getting traction because of the VP being a black woman.. dudes got 5 plays and her being black AND a woman allows them to play 2 of their moves

Back
Top Bottom