***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1720537046198.png

if Biden runs, or rather if his family and advisors tell him to run.

They should be excommunicated from democratic politics. anyone who supports this should never be taken seriously again.
it's nasty. it's worse than Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

asking pro democratic media figures to discredit themselves by lying about this is crazy.

1720537046198.png

if Biden runs, or rather if his family and advisors tell him to run.

They should be excommunicated from democratic politics. anyone who supports this should never be taken seriously again.
it's nasty. it's worse than Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

asking pro democratic media figures to discredit themselves by lying about this is crazy.

I agree with you but it doesn't matter at this point. Joe is going to run and there's no one to stop him.

I think that a lot of the Democratic establishment is consuming a lot of copium regarding the polling data.

You can understand that Biden is going to run and do your best to support him but the whole "every single poll is wrong" thing is just childish.

I'm not sure if Joe genuinely believes this but he said people are telling him that it is a toss-up when this isn't the case. Joe is losing and he should run like an underdog candidate going forward.

Last edited:
Gotta be able to talk and walk, if there are multiple problems ignoring them doesn’t seem wise

Focusing solely on Biden, seems to be ignoring a lot of obvious problems.. especially when the other guy is a rapist criminal

the democratic establishment goes beyond just the politicians.

big left-wing media figures expressing doubts about Biden i think creates pressure on politicians to move away from Biden.
Pod save generates a lot of money in donations, canvassing volunteers, earned media, ect. them turning on Biden is a big deal.

also the media has been carrying water for Biden before the debate and it didn't help. voters still thought he was too old.
asking them to lie about it after the fact is def not going to help.

I posted this before but there is a clear split between politicians and the media and the donor class. A split I think that could be attributed to constituents calling the politicians and telling them to support Biden. I don’t think I could explain this split better than Bernie.

Regular people don’t want the Democrats to figure it out. You’re also seeing all parties now comparing Biden to Trump which is the strategy prior to the debate.

More or less the party as a whole is going to try and move forward. I don’t know if the media and donors can stop them from doing that.

It's on Democrats to give voters a compelling alternative. If they can't do that then we deserve what we get.

Democrats ain’t the only Americans in America

This goes beyond a single candidate or party or even election cycle

one day I hope Americans will scrutinize both sides to the same degree, instead of the false equivalences that current take place

I posted this before but there is a clear split between politicians and the media and the donor class. A split I think that could be attributed to constituents calling the politicians and telling them to support Biden. I don’t think I could explain this split better than Bernie.

Regular people don’t want the Democrats to figure it out. You’re also seeing all parties now comparing Biden to Trump which is the strategy prior to the debate.

More or less the party as a whole is going to try and move forward. I don’t know if the media and donors can stop them from doing that.

73% of Democrats think Biden is too old to serve

the media is catching up to the public, if there is a split its between the VOTERS and politicians.

and the voters decide the election.

Biden has a zero percent chance of winning at this point

Not sure what will happen but I don't think it's a lock that there isn't an open convention. 9 congressman up from 1 a few days ago have come out openly saying he should step down. Senate is quiet of course.

Powell is doing the right thing by keeping rates high but jobs are and have been stagnant for a while. Bad jobs trend coupled with his debate performance and draggin his feet on immigration until his last year in office = L waiting

Last edited:

I agree with you but it doesn't matter at this point. Joe is going to run and there's no one to stop him.

I think that a lot of the Democratic establishment is consuming a lot of copium regarding the polling data.

You can understand that Biden is going to run and do your best to support him but the whole "every single poll is wrong" thing is just childish.

I'm not sure if Joe genuinely believes this but he said people are telling him that it is a toss-up when this isn't the case. Joe is losing and he should run like an underdog candidate going forward.

He’s going to lose. That didn’t even hit the other key takeaways from that poll. His best state in the blue wall and he’s getting 3 out of 10 of these demographics?! This is dismal. Historically dismal. You have to go back to Dukakis to find a Dem doing this badly at this point. He was sent to slaughter. And then you have to look at the reason why he’s doing so poorly. He has neurologists visiting him at the WH. He can’t rebound from the reason voters are walking away. It’s built into the candidate.

Donald Trump isn’t being defeated by this guy and losing with a barely there 81 year old any rational person should see for who he is will be an insane outcome with the stakes what they are. Imagine if he speaks nonsense and freezes at the second debate. It’s a disaster and too late. Early voting opens 10 days later and his name is on the ballot. We could be headed to a landslide loss with his liabilities on the ticket.

The media took zero seconds to maybe think these things might be related

1720493392030.png

1720493417830.png

Quoting this to add to this page because people still trotting out the “oh no neurologists in the WH” silly talking point.

On the topic of that poll itself - Biden struggling with “young voters, men, indies, and non-college voters” and y’all want to replace him with Kamala?! Go look up how Hillary did with those constituencies. A change on the ticket (to Kamala) won’t make any change with those groups.

Quoting this to add to this page because people still trotting out the “oh no neurologists in the WH” silly talking point.

On the topic of that poll itself - Biden struggling with “young voters, men, indies, and non-college voters” and y’all want to replace him with Kamala?! Go look up how Hillary did with those constituencies. A change on the ticket (to Kamala) won’t make any change with those groups.
And yet if you watched the presser yesterday they were “protecting privacy” by not acknowledging the reason for the visits. He’s in official visitor logs, if it was for policy any competent comms director would just say so. It’s a beyond the pale response with the numerous points she tried to make that didn’t pass a basic sniff test.

We’re past the point of convincing the American public Joe Biden has no cognitive issues. He’s limited himself to no events after 8pm. His interviews have been full of mistakes in the past 3 days. There’s almost no chance of his numbers improving here when he trails down ballot dems in every swing state by an avg of 7pts. He’s the problem for voters.

I think Biden will bow out. It’s going to get louder out there and even he will hear it.
he and his people can’t formulate any good response. It’s starting to look comical. Actually saying the words “big boy press conference” is something out of an episode of Veep.

Back
Top Bottom