***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Musk's actions are going to make sure that social media either gets taken over or heavily scrutinized by governmental agencies.

His openness in undermining the electoral process almost guarantees it.

He should get pushed out of SpaceX too. This is a company that deals with national security level programs, and I don't trust him to safeguard some of the stuff he has access to if he gets pissed enough.

I saw this piece live. It pisses me off because if anything the FTC blocking many of the mergers that would be approved as if nothing is going on has been a bright spot this administration.

We’ve allowed way too much free for all mergers across all industries and across admins from both sides. And now we are facing corporations which damn near have an oligopoly.

Minnesota resident: I love Walz as our Governor. But he reminds me so much of Tim Kaine (Hillary’s ‘16 VP). So very much. If I was running as her I wouldn’t pick him, even though I like him.

Shapiro seems like the pick, Pennsylvania is so important and the Dems introduce a young ticket and inject life where the Biden campaign once was.

Ultimately, the VP pick won’t have a huge impact politically (although, I think anyone who they pick will create a net positive impact) and will have less impact policy wise.

I like Walz because he drives home the theme of this campaign which is that Republicans are weird and it’s symbolic that someone who is so demographically normal (as conservatives would define normal) is the Democratic VP and it strikes a contrast with Trump and Vance, two very strange Ivy leaguers backed by New York and Silicon Valley Money.

Will putting a white guy from middle America absolutely destroy the Trump coalition? No. But for some median voters, being “normal” is important. Twenty years ago, the perception of the GOP as the normal party may have got Bush 43 reelected. Now it’s the reverse and Democrats should pick some who can maximally leverage that advantage.

Back
Top Bottom