***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This does a pretty good job explaining the nuances:

At the very top of the article:

No one making less than $400,000 a year would see their taxes go up under the plan.

The proposal for your doctor is that after $1m, he pay ordinary income on his cap gains. It’s unclear to me if this is a trigger or if it’s marginal, but I have to assume the latter as the former would invite way too many shenanigans with tax optimization.
So I followed up with his reason why he was against this plan and he stated it was the principal of it. He questioned if it was fair to 'tax the rich'. And referenced a mutual friend that would fall under this category, if it was fair to him.

Then I asked, you aren't anyway near this proposed plan for it to affect you and your family and why are you worried about our friend's money lmao.

That followed by crickets.

You and I play a game. With equal probability of occurring either:

You win 2:1
You win 3:1
I win 7:1

My expected number of points is (1+1+7)/3 = 3
Your expected number of points is 2
But you’re expected to win 66% of the times.
Laughing because I had to read Rusty's post to make sense of yours.

So I followed up with his reason why he was against this plan and he stated it was the principal of it. He questioned if it was fair to 'tax the rich'. And referenced a mutual friend that would fall under this category, if it was fair to him.

Then I asked, you aren't anyway near this proposed plan for it to affect you and your family and why are you worried about our friend's money lmao.

Sounds like a typical response.

My friend who is a partner at a large private equity fund is mad at this. I’m like bro you’re going to make so much money it doesn’t even matter to you in actuality. I mean he nodded. He just has issue with governmental waste of money like the accounting errors for a few billion by pentagon.

He leans right but he very progressive on social issues. Just has issues with taxes. But I think it’s more so because he hears so much about it from his peers at work who are not as progressive on social issues.

I think people are mad at taxing the rich because they actually think they can become multimillionaires one day and its gonna affect them :lol:

Folks will bypass all the things they've benefitted from because it didn't have "... for black people" added to the end of it.
Soon as I heard Ice Cube, I stopped watching.

Whoever posted that video about Black folks willingly referring to entertainers and not experts in their fields when it comes to society issues should do it again. If you are going to take what Trump said to Kim Kardashian about judicial reform at face value, "you're not a serious person."

Answered it better than me.

I would have said “**** that old racist ****. **** em. Another **** him for good measure.”

I can understand the impulse, but I agree with the sentiment that her handling him like this is correct. Just imply he's old, boring, has nothing new or interesting to say, and make him as small as possible. It's been driving him absolutely insane and he's going to continue to spiral because of it

Back
Top Bottom