***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Holy ****!! She has standards! Expectations! We can't have any of that!

Give us the mumbling baffoon with the endless assortment of schoolyard insults and nicknames!!

It's adjusting to the media landscape. If they want to compromise Kamala's message to generate self-serving controversies, Kamala is justified in not talking to them.

Nobody is giving Pete any consideration because we - American voters who would vote for him - know that there are still many Democrat voters who wouldn't vote for a gay leader. His best chance as an elected official is to run in an environment where accomplishments and name recognition transcend his sexual orientation. That environment is not the entirety of the US (POTUS); that's not even the state of Indiana (Senator). His best bet would be as Representative of a very friendly constituency, like AOC or Tlaib.

As a member of government, he can run to Fox News, tell it like it is, and score points in the media for the Democratic administration policies (because the press loves confrontations). As a potential candidate, you'd see a lot less friendly media coverage.

And how much editor-in-chief *** does she - or any other Democrat - have to kiss in order to finally earn positive coverage that doesn't feel like a backhanded compliment?

Did you read the above excerpt? In which world is a leader wanting their team to be prepared a bad thing?

you are taking some weird moral stance about the media. I literally don't care.

I only care about winning. Talking to the media can help you win, then you should talk to them. period.
Maybe there are a lot less actual undecided voters than you think.

And people lie to pollsters/friends/family/coworkers too. The polarization today is such that if you live/work in an area that has a definitite blue/red flavor and you don't share those views, you tend to lay low.

i mean if you want to pretend swing voters aren't real, go ahead.

but they swung for Trump in 2016, they swung to Biden in 2020.
swing voters decide elections. its just reality.

This race was always going to be extremely tight no matter what which is why I harp on GOTV efforts and confirming voter registrations. Anyone that thinks otherwise isn’t being real and if you’ve been to PA it is not a super strange that things are close there given the large rural and urban population centers. This is why I like her hiring a director of rural outreach to hopefully keep Trump from running up the score. Hillary thought she could just run up the score in urban areas but Joe knew that strategy would leave very little margin and Kamala is doing the same.

Just because things are close doesn’t mean things are bad. I really like where things are today knowing that we still have a ton of work to do. I will also add that the work of thirds party organizations like Black Men Vote Pac is important and the level of engagement is very helpful. I believe our side has to get comfortable with a close race and that it will be close. I never see Trump and his supporters get down when polling shows things extremely close in NC (a state he usually wins with about 1-2 points). Trump is throwing everything that he has at PA but Kamala is as well. If we do the work and GOTV, I like our chances

Im incredibly skeptical of these "outreach" efforts, door knocking and all the stuff for persuading swing voters.
seems to me the best way of doing that, is through the candidate.

either through earned media or ads.

Black Men Vote Pac, like what are they doing exactly? are they running ads? if they are sending emails and knocking on doors. i dunno feels like whatever.
Go on the Breakfast Club, go on Kai Cenat, a good interview there is worth way way more to me.

I didn't say she's doing bad, she's doing okay.
but given the stakes, she should be doing everything possible to win. and it feels like they are leaving a lot on the table.

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

Im incredibly skeptical of these "outreach" efforts, door knocking and all the stuff for persuading swing voters.
seems to me the best way of doing that, is through the candidate.

either through earned media or ads.

Black Men Vote Pac, like what are they doing exactly? are they running ads? if they are sending emails and knocking on doors. i dunno feels like whatever.
Go on the Breakfast Club, go on Kai Cenat, a good interview there is worth way way more to me.

I didn't say she's doing bad, she's doing okay.
but given the stakes, she should be doing everything possible to win. and it feels like they are leaving a lot on the table.
Black Men Vote Pac and the Harris Campaign are raising money, sending out mailers and most importantly they are knocking on doors. Most of Kamala’s ground game efforts are focused on door to door canvassing which has been going on since July. As a former canvasser myself, July is super early. I am confident that she will do what it takes to get the votes she needs.

Black Men Vote Pac and the Harris Campaign are raising money, sending out mailers and most importantly they are knocking on doors. Most of Kamala’s ground game efforts are focused on door to door canvassing which has been going on since July. As a former canvasser myself, July is super early. I am confident that she will do what it takes to get the votes she needs.
yah respectfully im very skeptical of canvassing in general.

but im super skeptical of it as a means to pusuade anyone of anything.

my friend works for the NDP (far lef canadian political party) and he started out as a canvasser, i went with him one time.
the entire enterprise seems insane to me. he eventually graduated to training canvassers, and by the end he was pretty skeptical of its utility.

maybe you can remind some committed partisans to vote. but the idea that youre going to reach low trust black and latino men via canvassing?
tbh that sounds totally insane to me.

id rather buy some niketalk ads.

Back
Top Bottom