***Official Political Discussion Thread***

When supply is tight, demand support is inflationary.

When there’s some slack, I think it’s fine if the government plays the role of parents in families with generational wealth.
my problem is it's always easy for federal government to implement demand subsidies.

But harder for them to unwind local municipal regulations constricting supply.

So in the real world these policies always seem to end up being inflationary.

This idea that illegal immigrants are the ones driving up house prices is insane.
They're driving wages down while driving the cost of housing up at the same time, these same dirt poor immigrants are somehow well off enough to outbid your everyday Americans for homes :lol:

They're also stealing all your jobs while at the same time being lazy and having the time to drive crime up!

Schrodingers immigrant :lol:>D

my problem is it's always easy for federal government to implement demand subsidies.

But harder for them to unwind local municipal regulations constricting supply.

So in the real world these policies always seem to end up being inflationary.

I totally agree.

We can’t solve housing without breaking the backs of NIMBYs and their OP Veto power over blocking new housing construction.

In effect, the Federal Government will need to lean on States which will lean on localities.

You gotta do that before down payment assistance can become a genuinely progressive policy in practice.

What they need to do is ban PEs hedge funds and other funds from being able to buy 1 family homes. And force them to sell them back on the market now. I know what they did in 08 was stop a leak but now they are rooting for cause of housing shortage.

Democrats should be more aggressive about getting unconditional cash transfers to 18-29 year olds in order to make it harder for the Right to attack our existing social safety net by cleaving young workers from middle and older aged workers.

Currently, our social safety net significantly backloads benefits and only imposes costs on young workers, who then become receptive to half-correct right wing claims that the existing safety net is a net cost to younger workers.

What they need to do is ban PEs hedge funds and other funds from being able to buy 1 family homes. And force them to sell them back on the market now. I know what they did in 08 was stop a leak but now they are rooting for cause of housing shortage.

This is a totally waste of time policy that only benefits upper income people who can afford to buy.

Tim's just not good at this. Fortunately it won't matter.
It's like your debate kid vs civics teacher :lol:

The performance/theatrical aspect is far more important than your credibility these days unfortunately.

You can be bull****ting through the entire way but if you sound confident while doing it, you're 'winning' the debate :lol:

Fortunately like you said though, this isn't gonna be changing anything election wise

Nah. I wasn’t ivy but I joined in 2005 and there were no ratings.

I remember being a newly minted 21 year old, I’m at a night club during the 05-06 academic year and I was new to facebook. The club had computers to check your facebook. There was a line to use the computers, despite a party going on.

It makes me more forgiving of my Gen Z students and their phone addiction. They’re just doing what we would have done if we had grown up with smartphones.

lol

******* PIECE OF ****! GOD I HATE THIS MAN!

I swear anyone who backs him has no brain, no spine and no soul! Blatant lying and his maga choads & ****s will suck it up like the Kool aid they drink daily. The country will be a better place when he loses and goes the **** to jail!

Oh yeah, MAGA morons, remember, he wins, he wants to break up the NWS & downsize NOAA and send it commercialized. Sure, get rid of the ONE THING that helped prepare people for the hurricane that just decimated many towns! All because it shows climate change is real. These people are dumber than dog****!

Damn.

JD Vance is an intelligent guy defending self evidently stupid insane/ideas.

Tim Walz is defending much better ideas, but isn't a good enough debator to win this cleanly.

1000037714.png

Thank god.

Back
Top Bottom