***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What new history is he talking about? That’s pretty much exactly what happened.
I've always said if/when this country breaks apart, it would be led by
Texas succeeding. They have enough of their own identity, resources and money to pull it off, and if they did it, I think a lot of the south would try to follow.

I also don't see how the government could really stop them since they're armed to the gills and the idea of succeeding would appeal to enough Texans imo, that they would pick up their guns to fight for it.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Thinking Texas is “armed to the gills” compared to the US govt is laugh out loud funny, man.

Yes, I realize Texas is rapidly becoming a swing state by the end of 2030's. My college girlfriend was from outside of Houston (she herself was a Pakistani Muslim). I get the diversity and such makes it all very unlikely and once again,I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

But I also, don't think nonviolent balkanization of this country is out the realm of possibility down the line (once the boomers die off) as we see more extreme polarization and possibly gutting of the federal state by Republicans if Trump wins and sets a precedent.

Can we drop Florida though? Willing to trade straight up for some of Mexico
florida GIF

What new history is he talking about? That’s pretty much exactly what happened.

They weren't actually slaves. They were legal immigrants on proper work visas and they even received free housing. They came to the US on their own accord to help their families back home. The left is always trying to change the history of the USA 🦅🇺🇸

Thread ---->

Elon Musk, like Donald Trump, were raised at a time and in an environment of state-sanctioned racial hierarchies that placed their group above others. It's no surprise that their idea of a successful society is colored by that worldview. White South Africans and Rodhesians "expats," like Americans sympathetic to Jim Crow, love to remind people of the social and economic "decline" from those eras, and they all tie that decline to the rise in autonomy of the lesser people.

If Texas was a person it'd a big dim mfer that act tough af in thier living room but is quite as a mouse outside. If Texas seceded, it would fail miserably.

I said this in the elon thread bout 2 years ago so I'll say it here too.. Elon with a couple billion dollars is a completely different Elon than the one with LITERALLY F*CK YOU money. He's let the power go to his head x10. And yes I'm not saying he wasn't powerful before, he was. But knowing all the players at the table and then being at the head of the table, made him a different person. I'm sure it's a very powerful addiction having that much power where literal nations are asking for you tech and guidance.

EDIT- And it should be terrifying people. DoD is literally having him revamp there satellite communication system with a government/military version of starlink. He's basically a 4th branch of government now with Space X practically running NASA. And you can say but what's different then Lockheed or Boeing doing that? well those companies have alot of different heads at the table. When you think of X Space X Telsa Starlink it's Elon over EVERYONE
He's laying down the best argument in support of heavy taxation of wealth.

People look at high tax rates in Europe and don't realize that they are there partly as the result of this BS mentality (wealthy people being entitled to land and its resources, aka monarchs and lords).

What we won't learn from textbooks, we'll learn the hard way I guess...

Back
Top Bottom