***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I've always said if/when this country breaks apart, it would be led by
Texas succeeding. They have enough of their own identity, resources and money to pull it off, and if they did it, I think a lot of the south would try to follow.

I also don't see how the government could really stop them since they're armed to the gills and the idea of succeeding would appeal to enough Texans imo, that they would pick up their guns to fight for it.

Texas succeeding. They have enough of their own identity, resources and money to pull it off, and if they did it, I think a lot of the south would try to follow.

I also don't see how the government could really stop them since they're armed to the gills and the idea of succeeding would appeal to enough Texans imo, that they would pick up their guns to fight for it.
i think california would tbh or new york
texas on the other hand don't they even have trouble creating a proper power grid?

You really have no idea how much of their economy is funded by federal government grants do you?

Thread ---->

I said this in the elon thread bout 2 years ago so I'll say it here too.. Elon with a couple billion dollars is a completely different Elon than the one with LITERALLY F*CK YOU money. He's let the power go to his head x10. And yes I'm not saying he wasn't powerful before, he was. But knowing all the players at the table and then being at the head of the table, made him a different person. I'm sure it's a very powerful addiction having that much power where literal nations are asking for you tech and guidance.

EDIT- And it should be terrifying people. DoD is literally having him revamp their satellite communication system with a government/military version of starlink. He's basically a 4th branch of government now with Space X practically running NASA. And you can say but what's different then Lockheed or Boeing doing that? well those companies have alot of different heads at the table. When you think of X Space X Telsa Starlink it's Elon over EVERYONE

Last edited:
You really have no idea how much of their economy is funded by federal government grants do you?
I never said it was smart or beneficial, just that the willpower was there among a large percentage of the population to agitate for it. Do I think it happens? No. But if any state were to lead the secession move, it would be Texas and others would try to follow. There is a reason Elon sees it the same way, and is trying to lay the foundation there.

i think california would tbh or new york
texas on the other hand don't they even have trouble creating a proper power grid?
The fact that there is no grid interdependence makes it easier to revolt. Any other state and we can turn off a lot of the lights.

On the other hand, Texas houses Ft. Hood, Ft. Bliss, and Lackland AFB. Any idiots feeling froggy in the Lone Star state wouldn’t be feeling too well in short order.

There simply is no revolution possible without the support of at least part of the military. No group of idiots with AR’s can hold territory against even 1% of the personnel stationed stateside.

No.

Texas v. White, 1869

The Supreme Court held that individual states could not unilaterally secede from the Union and that the acts of the insurgent Texas Legislature — even if ratified by a majority of Texans — were “absolutely null.”

The only thing even remotely close to secession is the language from Texas’ 1845 annexation. Texas could choose to split itself into separate states (maximum of 4) but there is no language of seceding from the Union. Even then, Congress would still have to approve acceptance of new states. But by doing this Texas only further weakens itself.

There’s also the fact that they’re the state with the most major power outages. They can’t even handle their own electricity, how are they gonna handle independence and everything that comes with it? It would have to pay for itself just to be a part of the UN, or face threats of attack from invading countries.

The notion that Texas or any US state could be independent as a sovereign nation unto itself is incredibly naive at best.

Thinking Texas would want to secede is worse. As one of the most powerful states in America it has considerably more resources and influence as a part of the country than it would have apart, here and in foreign affairs.

As I said, I don't think it will happen. Just the belief that Texas has the most willpower out of any state to do so. This is more of a comment on cultural mores than logistical nuances. I recognize the military in the state and Texas's energy issues are hurdles to that happening, but I don't view those as things that are impossible to overcome as time moves along.

People seem incredulous at the suggestion like this country didn't have a civil war previously where *checks notes* the south tried to secede. And it's not like they learned their lesson, the idea of the confederacy has never faded, "the south will rise again." That's all I'm talking about.

For those people discussing Texas losing influence in "geo-politics" I think those people are missing the boat over what a large faction of this country really wants, "isolationism." Really increased states right and gutting of the federal government potentially under Trump is laying the groundwork for a "nonviolent secession" at some point while preserving "free trade" between the states.

Flame the idea as impossible, but it's clear there are potential forces clearly agitating for it.

Texas ain't seceding. No Texas would mean no 40 electoral votes for Republicans in election years. You think they're going to let that happen?

In this scenario "The Real America" is Texas. I mean none of the things going on make any rational sense if you want America to continue to succeed.

...But what if you don't want America to succeed?

That's where a lot of them are mentally. They see nonwhite people not being second class citizens and not being beneath them and they lose their identity and want to take their ball and go home.

"If you can only be tall because someone else is on their knees then you have a serious problem."

People seem incredulous at the suggestion like this country didn't have a civil war previously where *checks notes* the south tried to secede. And it's not like they learned their lesson, the idea of the confederacy has never faded, "the south will rise again." That's all I'm talking about.

When the South tried to leave the Union, the United States Army had only 18,000 soldiers many of whom were loyal to the states they were stationed in.

Largely as a result of the civil war, the standing army is significantly larger and more well funded. And service people are stationed all over the country without regards to their origen.

Look, I’m from Texas. I get what you are saying about the culture there. It is different and that does lead to some pretty stupid thinking and bluster. But there is no line to that any a meaningful movement to leave the union. There simply is so path forward that doesn’t result in immediate annihilation of any group who’d try.

Back
Top Bottom