***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I've always said if/when this country breaks apart, it would be led by
Texas succeeding. They have enough of their own identity, resources and money to pull it off, and if they did it, I think a lot of the south would try to follow.

I also don't see how the government could really stop them since they're armed to the gills and the idea of succeeding would appeal to enough Texans imo, that they would pick up their guns to fight for it.

The government has nukes my guy nukes 😂. Oh and their power grid for other states and their transportation lines.

Pages 43, 44:

"The statute rests on the premises that potential voters can choose not to vote; that those who choose to vote have a right not to have the voting process diluted with ballots that have been procured through bribery; and that the selection of the nation’s leaders should not degenerate into a spending contest, with the victor being the candidate who can pay the most voters. See United States v. Blanton, 77 F. Supp. 812, 816 (E.D. Mo. 1948). The bribe may be anything having monetary value, including cash, liquor, lottery chances, and welfare benefits such as food stamps. Garcia, 719 F.2d at 102."

"Musk is essentially incentivizing likely Trump voters in PA to register to vote: Petition is to support for 1A and 2A, so basically R voters. But they also have to be registered to vote, so if they weren’t already, they would do it now.”

Though maybe some of the other things Musk was doing were of murky legality, this one is clearly illegal. See 52 U.S.C. 10307(c): “Whoever knowingly or willfully gives false information as to his name, address or period of residence in the voting district for the purpose of establishing his eligibility to register or vote, or conspires with another individual for the purpose of encouraging his false registration to vote or illegal voting, or pays or offers to pay or accepts payment either for registration to vote or for voting shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both…” (Emphasis added.)

Back
Top Bottom