***Official Political Discussion Thread***

trump "adds" 1000 jobs: media/trump surrogates go into a praise frenzy

Obama adds nearly 178,000 jobs: conservatives will find a way to say it's not real

da national wage average went down, so that means most those jobs is service sector flipping burgers Walmart type jobs..

And btw common sense regulation and tax is nesicary, it's the other 90% of non sense that is preventing growth that needs to be addressed

Don't try to label my economic outlook with some textbook term from your readings because I don't think that way.. you can look at my outlook as nephewnomics from this point forward

And btw common sense regulation and tax is nesicary, it's the other 90% of non sense that is preventing growth that needs to be addressed

Don't try to label my economic outlook with some textbook term from your readings because I don't think that way.. you can look at my outlook as nephewnomics from this point forward

:rofl:

**** mad dog mattis. there is only room for one mad dog in my world!

861348.gif

from a NYT article on the 178,000 new jobs Obama added this month:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/business/economy/jobs-report.html
The biggest gains occurred in professional and business services and health care, and the manufacturing and retail sectors lost ground.
Obvious new job growth is obvious. Say buhbye to your manufacturing jobs.

Even if they do come back, you can't afford this new world of $900 iphones and $50k luxury hybrids with a manufacturing job.

Y'all really can't spot that is someone's backup account? :lol:
yup, it's obvious. i'm gonna stop wasting my time.

Last edited:
Y'all really can't spot that is someone's backup account? :lol:

My finger is on CL-1B.

But...

Trump, 1st member of the government, just intervened in a business' affairs and YOU cheered for it.

Do you even realize how you are contradicting yourself?

He didn't intervene by adding regulation and tax though, so your point is not applicable. The intervention helped and prevented a us business from moving more manufacturing to Mexico and kept more money flowing through the economy.

My point is, the government intervened. Period. It's either no government intervention and the owners of capital do what capitalists do, or it is government intervention that stifle the predatory nature of capitalism and protect markets and ALL their participants.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

My finger is on CL-1B
My point is, the government intervened. Period. It's either no government intervention and the owners of capital do what capitalists do, or it is government intervention that stifle the predatory nature of capitalism and protect markets and ALL their participants.

Maybe in your world it works this way, but no it doesn't have to be one way or the other. We need things to be done properly and preventing jobs going to Mexico is a good thing regardless if it fits your agenda or not. If you view this as intervention that's fine, continue with your tunneld vision. offering incentive to stay is not government intervention in my book. But hey, it's your world in your eyes

Last edited:
Carrier thing is good pr. goverments do it all the time its not an indication of the future, or a strategy that can be replicated.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pipeline-idUSKBN13Q609
[h1]Trump supports completion of Dakota Access Pipeline[/h1]
By Valerie Volcovici | WASHINGTON

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Thursday said for the first time that he supports the completion of a pipeline project near a North Dakota Indian reservation, which has been the subject of months of protests by tribes and environmentalists.

A communications briefing from Trump's transition team said despite media reports that Trump owns a stake in Energy Transfer Partners (ETP.N), the company building the pipeline, Trump's support of the pipeline "has nothing to do with his personal investments and everything to do with promoting policies that benefit all Americans."

"Those making such a claim are only attempting to distract from the fact that President-elect Trump has put forth serious policy proposals he plans to set in motion on Day One," said the daily briefing note sent to campaign supporters and congressional staff.

Activists have spent months protesting plans to route the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline beneath a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, saying the project poses a threat to water resources and sacred Native American sites.

On Thursday, U.S. military veterans were arriving at a camp to join thousands of activists braving snow and freezing temperatures to protest the pipeline.

Republican Trump has been a vocal supporter of another high-profile pipeline project, Transcanada's (TRP.TO) Keystone XL, which Democratic President Barack Obama denied a permit for last year.

Republican North Dakota Senator John Hoeven said he met with Trump's transition team to discuss the delayed pipeline.

"Today, Mr. Trump expressed his support for the Dakota Access Pipeline, which has met or exceeded all environmental standards set forth by four states and the Army Corps of Engineers," Hoeven said in a statement.

"It is important to know that the new administration will work to help us grow and diversify our energy economy and build the energy infrastructure necessary to move it from where it is produced to where it is needed," he said.

(Reporting By Valerie Volcovici; editing by Grant McCool)

This popular vote nonsense is garbage rhetoric... those votes came from cali and they hold their weight heavily in the electoral college. Subtract that and trump has the popular vote in the bag

There are already pipelines in that same area.. what difference does 1 more pipe make underground lol

There are already pipelines in that same area.. what difference does 1 more pipe make underground lol

multiple pipelines cross da same river upstream.

what it is really is? environmentalists co-opting Native American reservations into inserting their "leave fossil fuels in da ground" dogma.

This popular vote nonsense is garbage rhetoric... those votes came from cali and they hold their weight heavily in the electoral college. Subtract that and trump has the popular vote in the bag
If you do some simple math then, no, California votes are not weighted as heavily.

Your second point would be like me saying Hillary would have won if we just subtract the swing states.

If you do some simple math then, no, California votes are not weighted as heavily.

Your second point would be like me saying Hillary would have won if we just subtract the swing states.

Except she didn't win the electoral college. Trump won swing states and she won cali. Bad analogy on your part

And cali just has the most electoral votes for no reason then? Smh I'm trying to find your logic but it's lost

Last edited:
multiple pipelines cross da same river upstream.

what it is really is? environmentalists co-opting Native American reservations into inserting their "leave fossil fuels in da ground" dogma.

I think they are bored and want purpose

Rhetoric if Clinton won electoral college:
"But da electoral college is rigged! It's a sham! A liberal conspiracy!"

My finger is on CL-1B

Maybe in your world it works this way, but no it doesn't have to be one way or the other. We need things to be done properly and preventing jobs going to Mexico is a good thing regardless if it fits your agenda or not. If you view this as intervention that's fine, continue with your tunneld vision. offering incentive to stay is not government intervention in my book. But hey, it's your world in your eyes

It very much is government intervention; the thing is, it is intervention aimed at protecting businesses at the expense of taxpayers. In the case of Carrier, the company is still eliminating 1300 jobs; In return, the state of Indiana will show a deficit of $7 million over 10 years AND a workforce that is still not ready to deal with an economy highly dependent on the service sector (the service sector encompassing the exchange and creation of non-tangible goods).

The only people who are exercising tunnel vision are those who have tried to make voodoo economics work for the last 30 years and can't accept that it doesn't work. They're the ones who refuse to adapt to change.

Tax payers aren't paying for anything though. They are actually benefiting because they would have lost revenue for the 16 million dollar improvement purchases that are going to be made to that plant and tax revenue from the plant itself. Your loosing yourself b

Carrier basically set the precedent that you can threaten the state that your corporation wants to outsource,and in process of doing so, you can avoid paying the tax you should be paying even though you are earning billions in profits, while still actually being able to slowly outsource more and more of your workforce.
Sure it was a PR win for Trump, but the moment a lot of corporations in the country hold their states hostage over their threat of outsourcing, it's not going to be a pretty sight for state governments out there.

Money needs to be reinvested into business to support growth regardless of how you see it. No one is threatening the state so refrain from such hypothesis until proof is made available to support the claim

Back
Top Bottom