***Official Political Discussion Thread***

my nubian brothers let us not quarrel with each other. do not forget who the real enemy is. daddy styles would not want this

It is ******** because saying Hillary Clinton is the superior candidate and clearly better choice is not the same as acting like she is perfect. There is a difference

The media hardly acted like Clinton was perfect, especially during the general.

There magazines that never endorse a candidate (US Today and Atlantic) that said Clinton is the better choice. You had people that hate Hillary saying saying they want her to win.

Last edited:
It is ******** because saying Hillary Clinton is the superior candidate and clearly better choice is not the same as acting like she is perfect. There is a difference

There magazines that never endorse a candidate (US Today and Atlantic) that said Clinton is the better choice. You had people that hate Hillary saying saying they want her to win.
Then how was the coverage unfair for the most part for Hilary if you had these outlets supporting her over Trump?
I'm not arguing against your perception of Hildawg, I'm
not gonna argue I had a bias against Hillary. I just don't buy the narrative that the majority of mainstream media was out to get Hillary the whole election when they have tried to help her out more times than not. You can say the Republicans and Trump and Russia and even Bernbros sought to hamper Hillary's chances, but the narrative that the media has been unfair for Hillary the whole election, nah bro. You could say the lesser known alt right media like Breitbart and other conservative websites have been unfair towards Hillary though.

The media laughed and laughed and laughed....
(Celebrities are sprinkled throughout the compilation, but there are plenty of media members included)

Media bias against Donald Trump :lol: the man benefitted bigly from the free coverage they gave him throughout the campaign

Then how was the coverage unfair for the most part for Hilary if you had these outlets supporting her over Trump?
not gonna argue I had a bias against Hillary. I just don't buy the narrative that the majority of mainstream media was out to get Hillary the whole election when they have tried to help her out more times than not. You can say the Republicans and Trump and Russia and even Bernbros sought to hamper Hillary's chances, but the narrative that the media has been unfair for Hillary the whole election, nah bro. You could say the lesser known alt right media like Breitbart and other conservative websites have been unfair towards Hillary though.
i think they tried to balance it out by talking about the emails a lot tho. hell even before the campaign really took off that was a topic that mainstream media kept bringing up as well. I wouldn't say they are completely biased in favor of Hilary
Media bias against Donald Trump
laugh.gif
the man benefitted bigly from the free coverage they gave him throughout the campaign
exactly. he really did benefit from it because news focused on that rather than any talks of policy since they were way more focused on ratings rather than bringing substance to the table

And quote where I make this argument.

Didn't you just apologize for misrepresenting me on this.

Email coverage was not balanced at all
It was either "Comey should be tried for treason" or "ex FBI agents think Hillary is going to jail"
Absolutely no middle ground on the investigation

Media bias against Donald Trump :lol: the man benefitted bigly from the free coverage they gave him throughout the campaign

It was their own greed that got them. His name brings ratings so they bashed him right into the oval office. His cost per vote shows that he is far and away the most cost efficient president elect of all time. "Ahead of schedule and under budget".

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford , the point of what I said wasn't a shot at you, I was just retiterating my point that the media has been trying to be more helpful for Hillary.
You said I was salty over the primary, and yeah you're right I was. I'm still going to say my thoughts on the media.
And I'm still asking, has the mainstream media been mostly unfair to Hillary other than the last week of the election compared to Trump?

it's hard to compare fairness in coverage between the two. they are so different. "fair" for each is different.

i still feel that the headlines, even now, are always favorable to Trump, even when trying to be unfavorable. it's not just the free coverage but the conventional phrasing that prevents objective wording due to historic fears of bias. for example, when the truth is "trump shamelessly lies again," the headline ends up being "trump makes statement that is not at this time proven."

so my feeling is that the entire coverage was completely unfair to Hillary from the start of her race with Donald. even the attempt at pitting them as opposing candidates automatically unfairly elevated trump.

Last edited:

It was their own greed that got them. His name brings ratings so they bashed him right into the oval office. His cost per vote shows that he is far and away the most cost efficient president elect of all time. "Ahead of schedule and under budget".

bingo.

it's hard to compare fairness in coverage between the two. they are so different. "fair" for each is different.

i still feel that the headlines, even now, are always favorable to Trump, even when trying to be unfavorable. it's not just the free coverage but the conventional phrasing that prevents objective wording due to historic fears of bias. for example, when the truth is "trump shamelessly lies again," the headline ends up being "trump makes statement that is not at this time proven."

so my feeling is that the entire coverage was completely unfair to Hillary from the start of her race with Donald. even the attempt at pitting them as opposing candidates automatically unfairly elevated trump.
I think the media attention that Trump got for his stupid comments and actions was undeserved, and the fact checking he got was necesary
But I'm not going to sit here and act like the opinion bias was not slanted towards Hillary more than Trump

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/pat-mcrory-law-restrict-roy-cooper-power-232758

The NC GOP sunk to a whole new level 
mean.gif

North Carolina GOP Gov. Pat McCrory has signed legislation stripping power from the governor's office before his successor, Democrat Roy Cooper, takes office next year.

The state's Republican-controlled General Assembly passed the bills this week during a special session. The new laws reduce the number of positions the governor can hire and fire at will from 1,500 to 300, strip the governor’s party of the power to control the state board of elections, require legislative approval of gubernatorial cabinet appointments, and move the power to appoint trustees for the University of North Carolina to the legislature.

Cooper defeated McCrory by more than 10,000 votes in November’s election. McCrory’s campaign and the state GOP attempted to challenge the results with claims of voter fraud, which were rejected by Republican-controlled county boards of elections.

Cooper has labeled the new legislation a “power grab” and said he will fight them in court, although legal experts are dubious of his chances of success. The entire General Assembly will be up for reelection in 2017 in newly drawn districts, after a judge ruled that the current maps drawn by the legislature were illegally gerrymandered.

McCrory has stayed quiet since the election and hasn’t spoken to the press during this week's legislative maneuvering.

I think the media attention that Trump got for his stupid comments and actions was undeserved, and the fact checking he got was necesary
But I'm not going to sit here and act like the opinion bias was not slanted towards Hillary more than Trump
Agreed. There was a pretty overt bias towards Hillary from media outlets throughout the election. But I don't think it really benefitted her. If anything it backfired.

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford , the point of what I said wasn't a shot at you, I was just retiterating my point that the media has been trying to be more helpful for Hillary.
You said I was salty over the primary, and yeah you're right I was. I'm still going to say my thoughts on the media.
And I'm still asking, has the mainstream media been mostly unfair to Hillary other than the last week of the election compared to Trump?

Please go read you comment again, also, you quote me and said..........

If you wanted to speak generally, then say you're talking generally. But next time don't quote me and try to put words in my mouth. Thank You.

-And I find it outright ridiculous that things that would have disqualified any candidate, especially Hillary, was brushed aside and spoken of as just part of the Trump **** show.

So anyone pushing this "the media was bias for Hillary" ******** can miss me with that.

Media was a all around bad this entire election, they were the most interested in seeing the dumpster fire burn, and Trump fueled it more so they focused on that.

Last edited:
Agreed. There was a pretty overt bias towards Hillary from media outlets throughout the election. But I don't think it really benefitted her. If anything it backfired.

lolwut'

- the media that was "biased" in her favour spent countless hours chasing a none sense email scandal.

- they covered every dumb email like it was water gate. :lol:

- the clinton foundation another completley nothing burger of a scandal, they treated like it was iran contra.

- they would cut live to trump rallys without context or explination of his lies

- when trump was late they would just show an empty lecturn.

- every insane trump comme was treated witn euphemistic kid glove headlines.

- zero interrogation of Trumps actuall policy proposals. the electorate doesnt realize he's not a populist.

Please go read you comment again, also, you quote me and said..........

If you wanted to speak generally, then say you're talking generally. But next time don't quote me and try to put words in my mouth. Thank You.

-And I find it outright ridiculous that things that would have disqualified any candidate, especially Hillary, was brushed aside and spoken of as just part of the Trump **** show.

So anyone pushing this "the media was bias for Hillary" ******** can miss me with that.

Media was a all around bad this entire election, they were the most interested in seeing the dumpster fire burn, and Trump fueled it more so they focused on that.
Fair enough, the media has been garbage

The only bias in favor of Hillary was during the primaries, when 24/7 news outlets gave very little exposure to Bernie. During the general, it was clear that all they were interested in was boosting their ratings, and Trump played into that by giving them one outrageous statement after another. He's toned down the language during his thank you tour, to the point where he is telling the crowds who really want Hillary in jail that he didn't mean it like that.[emoji]128513[/emoji]

Even then, the reason Bernie wasn't getting much exposure during the primaries was because the media was tripping over themselves covering Trump, not slurping Hillary.

They, like most others, just assumed to DNC race was gonna be a breeze.

Last edited:

Media bias against Donald Trump
laugh.gif
the man benefitted bigly from the free coverage they gave him throughout the campaign
I partially agree with that, he played them like a piano for a lot of free exposure. But to claim they had a media bias against him, especially with some of the ******** they talked about Hilary (they talked for a damn week about her getting sick) is a moot point

Back
Top Bottom