***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yea, and yet they still get off so to say they've been neutered is false.

You're moving goal posts. Things going on now are not as bad as they were back in the day. And this was before Obama. But now with social media everything is now out in the light thus keeping things on a more even keel. The 90s were far worse but nobody really knew unless you actually lived in those cities or the story went national (not viral). There's a difference.

Remember Abner Louima?

Last edited:
Lol to say neutered would imply that police are held 100 percent accountable for police brutality and that's just not true. They get away with nearly everything.

I think the issue w/ the the Democratic Party is that they don't have people at the helm or of importance/influence that can relate to both people of color and working class/poor whites. It's really shouldn't be this difficult to show one group that their needs and issues align w/ another that for years they've been told that they don't, and yet they still can't get it right. The GOP wins on suppression and separation, the Dems have to win on unity.

GOP and Faux News have done an excellent job at convincing poor whites their struggles are completely different than poor minorities. You got chronically unemployed white people voting for a party who doesn't want them to have healthcare and wants to cut any govt assistance their receiving. It's mind boggling how people have fallen for this, maybe one day they'll wake up, but I doubt it.

The Louima case ended in jail time for the officers.

The point of me bringing it up was just to highlight how wild NYC police brutality was in that time. You think a cop would dare pull some **** like that in this era? And there are many cases that at the time were more localized that people from outside that area would never hear.

I think the issue w/ the the Democratic Party is that they don't have people at the helm or of importance/influence that can relate to both people of color and working class/poor whites. It's really shouldn't be this difficult to show one group that their needs and issues align w/ another that for years they've been told that they don't, and yet they still can't get it right. The GOP wins on suppression and separation, the Dems have to win on unity.

GOP and Faux News have done an excellent job at convincing poor whites their struggles are completely different than poor minorities. You got chronically unemployed white people voting for a party who doesn't want them to have healthcare and wants to cut any govt assistance their receiving. It's mind boggling how people have fallen for this, maybe one day they'll wake up, but I doubt it.

But they've been doing it since the concept of race was invented, they Rip Van Winkle as far as I'm concerned

I hope when Rico encounters one of these neutered police officers that he doesn't make the mistake to start "reaching" for anything other than some BS talking points.

Last edited:
The Louima case ended in jail time for the officers.

The point of me bringing it up was just to highlight how wild NYC police brutality was in that time. You think a cop would dare pull some **** like that in this era? And there are many cases that at the time were more localized that people from outside that area would never hear.

I assumed that was your point and I agree somewhat, but I don't agree with your neutered stance. In this era they are killing people on film and facing little to no punishment through the use of rehearsed lines and smear campaigns in the media of victims. They have adapted with the times, no neutering has taken place.

Kill someone, get paid vacation, found not guilty, leaves PD for another or retires with pension and donations from a gofundme.

Kill someone, get paid vacation, found not guilty, leaves PD for another or retires with pension and donations from a gofundme.

Pretty much. Cops are untouchable. They can't even put in jail dude who shot Walter Scott in the back lol

You're moving goal posts. Things going on now are not as bad as they were back in the day. And this was before Obama. But now with social media everything is now out in the light thus keeping things on a more even keel. The 90s were far worse but nobody really knew unless you actually lived in those cities or the story went national (not viral). There's a difference.

Remember Abner Louima?
Are things "better" yea, but not because the men and women in the force have matured and see those actions of years past as detestable but because they know they aren't as "free" any longer.

I hope when Rico encounters one of these neutered police officers that he doesn't make the mistake to start "reaching" for anything other than some BS talking points.

Are you implying I've never dealt with racist police? Because I have many times, in NYC as well as FFX county. But I'm old school. Parents taught me to comply and not ruffle feathers. A child of the 90s. And that's why I'm still alive with no criminal history today.

Last edited:

Are you implying I've never dealt with racist police? Because I have many times, in NYC as well as FFX county. But I'm old school. Parents taught me to comply and not ruffle feathers. A child of the 90s. And that's why I'm still alive with no criminal history today.

Rico I can't wit you today :lol:

Last edited:
I'm guessing people have taken issue with the fact I choose to comply?

So I guess the natural rebuttal would be "but you should be able to speak up if you feel it's unfair"

Sure in a perfect world. But it's not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom