***Official Political Discussion Thread***

For those that asked, here is an explanation of the fiscal cliff:

What to do with it? I'm not sure. 

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Eff this dumb debate going on in here. But this s**t right here is too funny. I guess that's the difference between whites and minorities...we droppin kids no matter who is in office :rofl:[/COLOR]

After watching some of Fox News throughout the day yesterday and watching the O'Reilly Factor, and Hannity in it's entirety just for the laughs I can fully see how delusional Republicans must have become in thinking that Romney was going to win the election based some of the statements that were and have been made. 

I know Fox News is the worst choice as far as a news outlet but anybody that watches them on the regular must be almost ready to kill themselves right now after fooling themselves to thinking that Obama was going to lose.  They must be sick to their stomach right now.

Msnbc is just as worse tho. People seem to forget that. They don't care about journalism or real news, they care about entertainment and opinions.

After watching some of Fox News throughout the day yesterday and watching the O'Reilly Factor, and Hannity in it's entirety just for the laughs I can fully see how delusional Republicans must have become in thinking that Romney was going to win the election based some of the statements that were and have been made. 

I know Fox News is the worst choice as far as a news outlet but anybody that watches them on the regular must be almost ready to kill themselves right now after fooling themselves to thinking that Obama was going to lose.  They must be sick to their stomach right now.

Msnbc is just as worse tho. People seem to forget that. They don't care about journalism or real news, they care about entertainment and opinions.

No it's not... When your lead contributor spends 45 minutes holding the station hostage because he's unwilling to accept a fact that your candidate lost a state, that is another type of ridiculous.

MSNBC doesn't claim to be a "news" channel.

Have you ever considered that the "Right" is just SO FAR off the deep end that its really hard to take them seriously?

At what point do we just keep it real with ourselves?

MSNBC is biased. I get it...but I mean damn why are we unable to really just look at things for what they are. When Maddow and Matthews were cracking jokes on Rove are you really saying they didn't deserve it? 

Im a statue on this site, so i dont mind da hate one bit,

That's not what complex thought :nerd:

Also don't you live on rent control? It's not like you living on the upper west side and off Central Park with a view.

No it's not... When your lead contributor spends 45 minutes holding the station hostage because he's unwilling to accept a fact that your candidate lost a state, that is another type of ridiculous.
Honestly they are. Anyone who has watched just 2 minutes of both channels understands how bias Fox News is for the left and how MSNBC is bias for the right.

There is no middle ground for either of the.

MSNBC is also pretty bad, but nowhere near as bad as FOX. FOX has a roster full of hatemongers that report on really stupid, hyperbolic, non-newsworthy, and often factually inaccurate "news" that appeals to the lowest common denominator. MSNBC is heavily left-leaning, but you can't say that they motivate hate and division like Fox attempts to do.

Last edited:
BBC is a pretty good about stay in the middle as far as reporting American affairs.

This is such a false equivalency. MSNBC is not as biased or irresponsible. They don't misinform nearly as much either

BBC shows bias but it's pretty legit station

Last edited:
BBC is a pretty good about stay in the middle as far as reporting American affairs.
I actually use foreign media as a standard for the country's politics I want to learn about, as they have no vested interest there.

My rule of thumb is to not trust the media originating from the country that reports ABOUT the said country.

Al-Jazeera is on point...until you realize they're owned by Qatar and barely report on the travesty in Bahrain and most of the middle east.

BBC is cool until they fail to highlight many of their own scandals.

RussiaToday is pretty good at calling the BS in the United States...until they turn a blind eye to Moscow.

Its not about finding a single good source, its about continually investing the effort to cross-examine multiple sources and contrast them against each other to filter out the noise. 

From time to time I even listen to and watch conservative media just to reorient myself and make sure i'm not missing anything. 

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Eff this dumb debate going on in here. But this s**t right here is too funny. I guess that's the difference between whites and minorities...we droppin kids no matter who is in office :rofl:[/COLOR]

doesnt matter who is in office to me an im black

not sure if im havin kids, ill be 28 next year

Back
Top Bottom