***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...-trade-deal-as-merkel-seeks-anti-trump-allies

Looks like wining and dining PM Abe has had little effect on his appreciation for free trade policies. In addition, Trump is slowly leaving the US economically isolated as other G-7 partners are actively shielding their economies from our madness by looking for trade deals with other countries that are not us.

4678D monopoly B. LIBBIES don't have a clue.
Da 1738D jenga b. MAGA

buy a really big chain, then a really nice car consecutively >>>> buying a meh chain & meh car concurrently.

Bro I still can't wrap my head around you, being close to mid 30's, good paying job, RENT FREE...quite possibly the only bill you have is the T-Mobile bill for your sidekick and after a decade of what should have been you stashing every penny you made, you somehow still don't have close to half a mil to do as you wish with....son if by now you don't have the monetary means to cop just about ANY car you want AND Da Cuban at the same time, your gold plated living arrangement failed you.

At the end of the day it's his core voter base that will suffer the most because they are already on the brink in many cases. If certain things we import get a 20-40% tariff they will be screwed if a washer dies, other appliances, and other things. Many of us living in cities won't be as affected because we should continue to get raises, even if mediocre, and have some sort of job security. Those blue collar workers will be as screwed as they were before his election and more than likely worse off.

Good.

Da 1738D jenga b. MAGA

Well said, DA Don is Da Don at everything B. 45876D hungry, hungry Hippo B.
Da Don planned all dis out da moment he was born. He played 999D peekaboo as a baby.

buy a really big chain, then a really nice car consecutively >>>> buying a meh chain & meh car concurrently.

Bro I still can't wrap my head around you, being close to mid 30's, good paying job, RENT FREE...quite possibly the only bill you have is the T-Mobile bill for your sidekick and after a decade of what should have been you stashing every penny you made, you somehow still don't have close to half a mil to do as you wish with....son if by now you don't have the monetary means to cop just about ANY car you want AND Da Cuban at the same time, your gold plated living arrangement failed you.
You keep missin da point B. He got half a million stashed away, in shoes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...-trade-deal-as-merkel-seeks-anti-trump-allies

Looks like wining and dining PM Abe has had little effect on his appreciation for free trade policies. In addition, Trump is slowly leaving the US economically isolated as other G-7 partners are actively shielding their economies from our madness by looking for trade deals with other countries that are not us.

At the end of the day it's his core voter base that will suffer the most because they are already on the brink in many cases. If certain things we import get a 20-40% tariff they will be screwed if a washer dies, other appliances, and other things. Many of us living in cities won't be as affected because we should continue to get raises, even if mediocre, and have some sort of job security. Those blue collar workers will be as screwed as they were before his election and more than likely worse off.

Cities won't be isolated from the effects of an increase in poverty/decrease in ability to afford the cost of living. When life gets harder in the countryside, people migrate towards the remaining centers of economic activity - cities, further straining the resources of urban areas. In extreme cases, what you end up seeing is an increase in crime rates, an increase in homelessness in general and child homelessness in particular (and I mean kids living in the streets and begging random pedestrians day and night), the development of shanty towns, etc...

Things may get worse for those on the brink, but it won't be rosy for anyone who isn't part of Trump's looting team.

Whywesteppin keeps schooling Da Libbies B. Da Don is a time traveling grand wizard B. He went back in time to tell Spicey to wear Da Bunny suit so that he would be ready when Da Don took Da oval B.

Umm you're leaving out the 90-100k in sneakers he has. Maybe around another $30k in jerseys. Property in the DR and 401k and other savings he has. His net worth is most likely higher than yours

"what is this? where's all the money?"

"that's as good as money, sir. those are a bunch of hyped sneakers and jerseys. go ahead and add it up.

see dis? dat's da hemi. 50 thou. might wanna hold on to dat one."

Last edited:
Every time the topic of NH's sneaker/jersey collection pops up, I'm reminded of that Shoezeum dude. Never sold his sneaker museum for the million he said it was worth.

There was also this guy:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-sell-for-even-a-fraction-of-its-2340106.html

Fast forward 60 years and Mawhinney is still proud of his "Jezebel". But it has gained a few friends: around two million singles and one million albums to be more precise, plus an array of posters, books and other music memorabilia in a vinyl heap that's widely regarded as the largest record collection in the world. An appraisal from Andersen Consulting in 1999 estimated it to be worth $50.5m (£31.2m).

But here's the rub: Mawhinney turns 72 in September and is legally blind. While he continues to catalogue his vast collection on a daily basis, it is proving increasingly difficult (he still has 750,000 records to add to his database). So he's looking for a buyer. Any buyer. In fact, Mawhinney's been looking to offload his collection for the best part of 12 years. "I have shown it to potential owners many times, but the minute they see the size of my collection, they say 'I'd love to have it, but how the hell could I take on all this work?'" he explains.

The nearest Mawhinney has come to selling his records was in 1999, when the online music store CD Now offered to buy the entire collection for $28.5m (£17.6m). Sadly, CD Now went bankrupt 12 days before the deal was completed and Mawhinney has since been looking to sell for the cut-price figure of $3m (£1.85m).

Every time the topic of NH's sneaker/jersey collection pops up, I'm reminded of that Shoezeum dude. Never sold his sneaker museum for the million he said it was worth.

There was also this guy:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-sell-for-even-a-fraction-of-its-2340106.html

Is all pipe dreams, those kicks are only worth as much as any specific collector wants to pay and nowadays HYPE is what dictates how much these cats are willing to pay....he ain't selling **** his kicks might be worth a good penny on paper, but ain't nobody rushing to buy his collection off....NH is hoarder in DENIAL, that's all he is.

i'm all for clowning where clowning is due but dude lives in a city where you don't even need a car. if you have to choose between the two, buying gold does make more economical sense than buying a vehicle that will depreciate rapidly.

Seems like a logical explanation.

I have a few buddies that live on NYC and they don't have cars.

I thought that was just the norm out there...

Not sure if I should be laughing or shaking my head :smh: :lol:

Famb just rubbing it in folks' faces.

It's comical how ridiculous our presidency is at the moment.

Well said, DA Don is Da Don at everything B. 45876D hungry, hungry Hippo B.

My g

:rofl:

Last edited:
Let's not forget the condition in which he stores his collection, piled up boxes in his room isn't the ideal way to store anything you want to retain value in....im sure he's worn a good portion of his kicks least once, so there is the DS label

Let's not forget the condition in which he stores his collection, piled up boxes in his room isn't the ideal way to store anything you want to retain value in....im sure he's worn a good portion of his kicks least once, so there is the DS label
Not to mention the time and effort required to sell everything. These are not good investments to be bragging about.

Not to mention the time and effort required to sell everything. These are not good investments to be bragging about.

Dealing with flakers alone is a headache :lol:

Most reasonable hassle free would be a consignment shop and in that case you gotta split the profit and WAIT....dude knows he sitting on a pile of junk :lol:

Macron came in 1st in the 1st round of French elections today :pimp:

He got around 24% of the vote while Le Pen got around 22%. This bodes really really well for him now that the last round in 2 weeks is a head to head and he'll be able to pull voters from all major groups,including most likely everyone on the left, outside of Le Pens National Front base.

The EU's future is looking a lot brighter after today...

Last edited:
even when im not here...im still here.

:lol:
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/509493/official-political-discussion-thread/73750_50#post_27976673 layout=inline]ninjahood's collection aint worth a damn thing. 

giphy.gif

for people who haven't sold things in a long time, Nike's bulletproof style # dependability combined with Google's powerful search engine now makes it easier for a buyer to locate any sneak their looking, worldwide.

Via da synergy of ebay(and other merchants) & google shopping, as long as you title your sneaker correctly with da style number and its old enough, da old school supply and demand laws apply to spectacular results.

go see what used wheat Jordan XIII's go for now....

even used GS size prices = [emoji]128077[/emoji]

these ain't baseball cards folks... you're always gonna need something on your feet to walk around on.

idk why i have to explain this on NT all of places :lol:

Seems like a logical explanation.

I have a few buddies that live on NYC and they don't have cars.

I thought that was just the norm out there..

it is da norm...i drive cuz its way more convenient, but its by no means mandated to survive in NYC, hence why i could put off getting a real nice car for a nice chain and not skip a beat.

Dumb libbies like me are putting my money into 401Ks, IRAs, Index Funds, investment properties, and buying into small businesses.

When all this time VNDS grade school kicks was the move, I mean "you're always gonna need something on your feet to walk around on", it is so simple :smh:

Ninja outchea playing 4734638D Financial Candy Land on folk :smokin

Last edited:
:smh:

I've been doing things all wrong. Shouldn't have bought a house or invested in stocks and a 401K. Should have invested in a wearhouse and kicks. God damn it I dun ****** up.

even when im not here...im still here.

laugh.gif

giphy.gif

for people who haven't sold things in a long time, Nike's bulletproof style # dependability combined with Google's powerful search engine now makes it easier for a buyer to locate any sneak their looking, worldwide.

Via da synergy of ebay(and other merchants) & google shopping, as long as you title your sneaker correctly with da style number and its old enough, da old school supply and demand laws apply to spectacular results.

go see what used wheat Jordan XIII's go for now....

even used GS size prices = [emoji]128077[/emoji]

these ain't baseball cards folks... you're always gonna need something on your feet to walk around on.

idk why i have to explain this on NT all of places
laugh.gif

it is da norm...i drive cuz its way more convenient, but its by no means mandated to survive in NYC, hence why i could put off getting a real nice car for a nice chain and not skip a beat.
Sure, but what's the average RoR of your sneakers versus other investments? You purchase sneakers that will basically sit around and take up space. When time comes to liquidate, you need to spend time and effort to sell these items. How does that compare to other investments? 

There are many safer investments that are much less of a headache.

Back
Top Bottom