***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Groping and kissing a stranger while asleep is damn near rape, what the hell. Didn't read, but how did she find out this happened?

Also it's legal in Latveria and the island on LOST to grope reporters for any open ended wonderers out there.

Just received my card in the mail from the EU's rollout of their latest initiative for people with disabilities. Eventually the program will presumably be expanded to far more than the initial 8 participating member states, though it's also very beneficial for me in my own country of course. The EU disability card grants discounts and benefits solely in the area of culture, sports, leisure events and companies/organizations participate strictly on a voluntary basis. But many companies are participating in it, at least where I live. I can now display this card and get discounts at the movie theater, museums, concerts, cultural events, tickets to watch a soccer match, ...
It is also eligible for 5 years rather than the 2 years of eligibility you get from Belgium's federal agency of social security if your application for disability statute is approved. A disabled person here has to renew their statute every 2 years since the initial approval. Whereas this card says it's eligible for 5 years and does not specificy anything about national disability statute expiring during those 5 years.
So technically, if I were to hopefully not be disabled anymore when my current statute expires, I assume I could still use this card for several years after. I find it strange the EU or Belgium didn't seem to take that into account and made it eligible for 2 or maybe 3 years rather than 5.
094abf9c539205468293c7fc7cd635c8.jpg
You have the same name as my uncle who recently passed away. NOt a name i see too often :lol:

Time to get Al Franken the hell out of here,not the first time he's proved to be a disappointment for progressives but this is next level scumbaggery :smh:

Dems and Republicans with these kinds of skeletons in their closets need to step down imo,can't make this a partisan issue.

Dudes need to come out before they get exposed cause everything's gonna be coming to light eventyally in this day and age...

Its one of the reasons Biden running in 3 years might not be the best look

Franken said he remembers the events differently. And apologized for the photo.

Al Franken as a Senator is a special case because people bought in knowing he wasn't the button down straight laced option but if these accusations are true it goes beyond all the other baggage.

I think he should resign, and have a special election for his seat.

Hannity and the NT Trump Stans now have their new "whataboutisms deflection"
What other baggage out of curiosity? I don't know much about him beyond his term as a senator and that he used to be on SNL.
Either way I find that picture perhaps most disgusting out of everything in that article. I'd be pretty heated if I saw a picture like that if that was my mom for example. The woman and her husband have every right to slam him for that. Based on this article I agree he should resign. That kind of behavior doesn't belong in any congress.

Franken said he remembers the events differently. And apologized for the photo.

Al Franken as a Senator is a special case because people bought in knowing he wasn't the button down straight laced option but if these accusations are true it goes beyond all the other baggage.

I think he should resign, and have a special election for his seat.

Hannity and the NT Trump Stans now have their new "whataboutisms deflection"
Yup he should step down

However, Roy Moore and Trump should step down too for the same behavior

Bet none of them will though :rolleyes

Groping and kissing a stranger while asleep is damn near rape, what the hell. Didn't read, but how did she find out this happened?

Also it's legal in Latveria and the island on LOST to grope reporters for any open ended wonderers out there.
He didn't kiss her while she was asleep. They were rehearsaling a skit backstage and the woman claimed Franken demanded they practice the kiss and when they did he grabbed the back of her neck and put his tongue in her mouth.

Then she claims he acted petty in the rest of the trip, and when she was looking through pics snapped of the trip sent to her, she saw the pic of Franken and her asleep.

Unlike other instances involving sexual harassment, there seems to be a ton of witnesses.

Extreme vetting at work again
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ee-defended-the-first-kkk-in-online-arguments
Trump judicial nominee defended ‘first KKK’ in online arguments: report

I believe it's safe to say that things like judicial nominations are one of the biggest reasons to vote, whether on the left or right. The Trump voters are likely celebrating these kind of nominations to the judicial branch.

He didn't kiss her while she was asleep. They were rehearsaling a skit backstage and the woman claimed Franken demanded they practice the kiss and when they did he grabbed the back of her neck and put his tongue in her mouth.

Then she claims he acted petty in the rest of the trip, and when she was looking through pics snapped of the trip sent to her, she saw the pic of Franken and her asleep.

Unlike other instances involving sexual harassment, there seems to be a ton of witnesses.
Yikes.

McConnell just called for a Senate Ethics Committee investigation into the Franken allegations.

While I agree with this,why is the executive branch not held to the same standard?? :rolleyes

Seeing certain Cons pivoting from defending Moore to being outraged with Franklin has been quite something

Yup he should step down

However, Roy Moore and Trump should step down too for the same behavior

Bet none of them will though :rolleyes
I am saying step down and have an election.

Franken's seat is safe blue, if it was one the GOP could steal with a governor appointment, the I would say investigation to get to the bottom of this, then step down. To run out the clock a lil.

I am tired of playing by rules that the GOP don't even respect in order for them to inflict harm on anyone that it not rich, white and male.

Franken might have to get out the paint, but voters need to decide his replacement.

You have the same name as my uncle who recently passed away. NOt a name i see too often :lol:
Spelled the same way? It's relatively common here. The name comes from Jewish origin. Ironically I don't hear my actual name all that much, most people only refer to me by my nickname Void, as strange as that may sound. :lol:
I imagine it's very uncommon in places like the US etc. since most English speakers I've met can't pronounce my name due to the pronunciation 'ch' sound.

That FBI informant in the Uranium One probe has revealed his identity.
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/36...bama-era-uranium-deal-revealed-as-ex-lobbyist
The former federal informant at the center of the Senate GOP probe into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's role in the Obama-era sale of a uranium company was identified Thursday as an ex-lobbyist for a Russian firm.

The former lobbyist, William Campbell, told Reuters he's the secret witness in the investigation into the 2010 sale of Canada-based Uranium One to Russia's Rosatom. He is planning to testify and give Congress documents about the sale, he told Reuters.

Despite the focus on Campbell and calls for him to be allowed to testify to Congress, two law enforcement officials speaking to Reuters expressed doubt that Campbell could provide meaningful information about the Uranium One deal. The officials, who worked in the Rosatom bribery case, said they don't remember Campbell ever bringing up the Uranium One sale when they spoke with him.

According to the publication, Campbell worked as an FBI source for an investigation into the head of a U.S. unit of Rosatom, the Russian state-owned nuclear power company.
Campbell reportedly told Reuters he wants to testify, citing activities of Russians in the U.S.

"This latest iteration is simply more of the Right doing Trump's bidding for him to distract from his own Russia problems," said Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill.

The Uranium One sale and the Rosatom case in which Campbell was a part did not involve the same business units or executives, according to Reuters.
“I have worked with the Justice Department undercover for several years, and documentation relating to Uranium One and political influence does exist and I have it,” Campbell said, according to Reuters.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said in a letter to Campbell's lawyer Campbell seems to have "critical" information to the committees "oversight of the Justice Department and its ongoing inquiry into" how the uranium deal was approved.

Clinton said Wednesday that if President Trump directs the Justice Department to investigation her role in the sale, it would be a "disastrous step into politicizing the Justice Department."
"This is such an abuse of power," Clinton said in an interview with Mother Jones, following reports that the Justice Department is considering appointing a special counsel to investigate.

Multiple Republicans have called for a special counsel to be named to investigate the Obama-era deal, which happened when Clinton was head of the State Department.

Democrats have countered that Clinton wasn't personally involved in the sale. The interagency Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, which includes the State Department, approved the deal at the time. It was also investigated by congressional committees in 2015.

Uranium One, at the time the deal was made, controlled land equal to about 20 percent of the United States' uranium capacity.

Republicans have sought to tie the takeover to $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation by stakeholders in the company.

Franken is disputing the details of the accusation. If this turns out to be a he said she said, there should probably be a investigation first.

But it seems all road lead to one destination anyway.

Extreme vetting at work again
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ee-defended-the-first-kkk-in-online-arguments
Trump judicial nominee defended ‘first KKK’ in online arguments: report

I believe it's safe to say that things like judicial nominations are one of the biggest reasons to vote, whether on the left or right. The Trump voters are likely celebrating these kind of nominations to the judicial branch.

@maximus meridius
@TariqNasheed
#LetsGoWatchHiddenColorsInsteadOfVoting

Spelled the same way? It's relatively common here. The name comes from Jewish origin. Ironically I don't hear my actual name all that much, most people only refer to me by my nickname Void, as strange as that may sound. :lol:
I imagine it's very uncommon in places like the US etc. since most English speakers I've met can't pronounce my name due to the pronunciation 'ch' sound.
spelled the same way. He was a german who came here in the early 60s. To all the americans who knew him he was just Jim. People here had a hard time with that name, i heard many different iterations of it over the years. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom