***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I can't call Oprah's chances yet.

If she gets a monopoly over the black female vote, and other coalitions split, then she wins.

The way white men hate oprah....she’d have an uphill battle.

Like, a startling majority of white men hate Oprah for some weird reason. The same way NT’ers used to hate on Steve Harvey before his recent missteps :lol:

Oprah had a nice speech and could run for pres in 2020, but it would be more of the same for me. How about Dems focus on cultivating actual good candidates and not rely on celebs?
To be fair I don't think anyone from the DNC or Democratic Establishment is relying on a Oprah run or any other celebrity

And by the looks of it , Perez is focusing on grooming good candidates, but for local and state positions. The presidency is a different beast that he is not touching, and to be honest should not touch.

I don't think the Dems should get backlash from media speculation. Media speculation that they are not even encouraging.

This post makes me want to take all my economic anxiety and give every LIBBIE man, woman, and child a SMASH-MOUTH KNUCKLE SAMMICH

Only thing LIBBIES understand is bringing VIOLENCE against them. First LIBBIE I see is getting the Covfefe infused hay maker. Libbies will be crying like Nancy k "WHY, WHHHHHHY, WHYYYYYYY".

giphy.gif

To be fair I don't think anyone from the DNC or Democratic Establishment is relying on a Oprah run or any other celebrity

And by the looks of it , Perez is focusing on grooming good candidates, but for local and state positions. The presidency is a different beast that he is not touching, and to be honest should not touch.

I don't think the Dems should get backlash from media speculation. Media speculation that they are not even encouraging.

When a name as big as Oprah comes up as a potential Pres candidate with the potential to capture the same energy that Barack had in 2008, you would be a lil crazy not to entertain that prospect. Whether they choose to entertain that or not is another thing. But Dems are not above playin the celeb card to garner votes.

We're in the media age B. All press is good and marketable as long as it keeps you in the national consciousness. Backlash isn't really a factor here. Word to toupee and chief.

As far as resources go, Dems are more solid than other parties on the ground and in alot of cases are the only party in town aside from Repubs. Even though other parties like DSA, Greens, and others have a solid grass roots game, they don't have the financial clout or resources that Dems do.

Farmers should be Bushing him and pelting him with their shoes. I worked in the agriculture industry at my last job and traveled all over the Midwest and South to meet/work with farmers. Many of them were wondering

a)why their labor force was declining so heavily and why no one was taking the hundreds of vacant jobs that Mexicans had left behind (HUGE surprise :rolleyes). The funniest part is that the wages being offered were decent, livable wages for the area (contrary to the myth that these jobs pay $2/hour or some @#$@) and people STILL weren't coming to work on the farms.

and

b)why countries throughout Asia were shifting away from trading with the US for beef and corn and switching to Canada and Australia instead. (For example, Nebraska is the largest supplier of beef to Japan, but farmers saw their numbers decreasing throughout 2017). Again, HUGE surprise :rolleyes

Of course, so many of these guys had Trump lodged so firmly in their throats that they completely ignored the obvious answers to their questions.

Last edited:
The way white men hate oprah....she’d have an uphill battle.

Like, a startling majority of white men hate Oprah for some weird reason. The same way NT’ers used to hate on Steve Harvey before his recent missteps :lol:
Speaking for the whites, give us Dr. Phil as VP and we will follow.

Im white and i have no probs with oprah. I realize i am probably a minority in that regard though. :lol:

Never seen so much awakening in Reddit comments.

"I can't believe so many white people were so comfortable using the n-word"

"We tried to tell y'all"

On the other hand, some melanated Judases are rather silent about 200k Latinos being given the boot. I guess there has to be some balance in this world.

Farmers should be Bushing him and pelting him with their shoes. I worked in the agriculture industry at my last job and traveled all over the Midwest and South to meet/work with farmers. Many of them were wondering

a)why their labor force was declining so heavily and why no one was taking the hundreds of vacant jobs that Mexicans had left behind (HUGE surprise :rolleyes). The funniest part is that the wages being offered were decent, livable wages for the area (contrary to the myth that these jobs pay $2/hour or some @#$@) and people STILL weren't coming to work on the farms.

and

b)why countries throughout Asia were shifting away from trading with the US for beef and corn and switching to Canada and Australia instead. (For example, Nebraska is the largest supplier of beef to Japan, but farmers saw their numbers decreasing throughout 2017). Again, HUGE surprise :rolleyes

Of course, so many of these guys had Trump lodged so firmly in their throats that they completely ignored the obvious answers to their questions.

They just want to vent and complain, they're not looking for answers.

Looking forward to that lab grown meat when it gets too expensive to raise and slaughter cows.

Back
Top Bottom