***Official Political Discussion Thread***

democrats gonna continue to be lame pushovers. I don’t see any hope for them. Not surprised if they lose the election again in a few years and have no idea how it happened again.

Chuck Schumer isn't running for President (thankfully).

Seeing that Ben Jeulous is leading in the early returns in MD :pimp:
tumblr_inline_oduy55ooVE1qjsvp3_500.gif

Seeing that Ben Jeulous is leading in the early returns in MD :pimp:
If you believe that Ben is preferable to Hogan in the general you are smoking some of that good ... Hogan is a godsend to Maryland ... Ben would actually make people move ... Like their place of residence ...

I think adding the context of a field of Republicans nearly being assassinated by an estranged goofball might be the impetus for some of the requests for civility ...

Republicans loooove the 2A, until it gets turned against them.

Unlike the right, the left doesn't forget. We have degrees to prove it.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/06/26/so-now-you-want-civility/

"Fine people on both sides"

Shooting in crowds of protesters.

Attempting to bomb apartment buildings inhabited by Somalis.

Defying federal law enforcement because they refused to pay grazing fees on federal land

School shootings

More school shootings

I InTheHallway will grab that one example of a disgruntled left-leaning dude and use it against the hundreds of pages of Right-wing violence that have been documented in the last few years and make a sincere call at being "civil."

Cracks me up.

If you believe that Ben is preferable to Hogan in the general you are smoking some of that good ... Hogan is a godsend to Maryland ... Ben would actually make people move ... Like their place of residence ...
Hogan is a moderate that is better than most of the GOP, welp that is because of most of the GOP and heartless white supremacy loving bigots.

But if Hogan is so great, let him beat a Dem in a high turnout election. Because the stars aligned for him last time.

Maybe Larry should run on the "I will attack teenagers that were in a mass shooting" platform. I know he would get your vote.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/art...and-by-longstanding-government-discrimination

Black Farmers Are Being Forced Off Their Land by Longstanding Government Discrimination
“The unfair treatment of black farmers went under the radar for many, many years. It was not taken up by the civil rights movement, and it should have been front and center.”

Lending officers actively worked against black farmers at the time, Boyd says, hoping to foreclose their farms and sell the land to white farmers. Boyd’s loan officer, he says, “made his living trying to put us out of business so that he could sell the farms for pennies on the dollar to white farmers.”

Initially, Boyd thought that only he and his neighbor were the target of the officials’ discrimination. “I thought it was just me and Mr. Sally,” he recalls. But after speaking with other black farmers in the area, he realized that the bias was systemic: loan applications filed by white farmers were processed within 30 days by the FHA, while those filed by black farmers routinely took upwards of 300 days—and during that time period, many blacks ran out of money and lost their land.

Back
Top Bottom