***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Every district has a union, still can’t strike. If you strike or encourage others to strike, you will be fired.

Then y’all Union trash
And paying union dues for nothing

thanos-big-baby.gif

They’re not paying dues probably. That’s what right to work does, takes their money away to weaken them.

I pay less than 1k a year in dues. I’d gladly pay that over paying for benefits and having a trash wage. If you took my job and put it in Florida I’d make half the money, right to work states wages are a joke for construction except Nevada is ok because vegas. They make you join and pay dues whether you want to or not. :lol:

idk how you can be pro union and vote republican.

They’re not paying dues probably. That’s what right to work does, takes their money away to weaken them.

I pay less than 1k a year in dues. I’d gladly pay that over paying for benefits and having a trash wage. If you took my job and put it in Florida I’d make half the money, right to work states wages are a joke for construction except Nevada is ok because vegas. They make you join and pay dues whether you want to or not. :lol:

Easy, white supremacy

As Rusty mentioned, white supremacy and its ability to obscure material interests.

I can also see Republicans in Unions, especially if it’s not a teachers, telling themselves that their union is important e.g. police or “skilled trade” while other unions or unions writ large are bad and serve to coddle “unskilled” work and/or people with “women’s studies degrees.”

As Rusty mentioned, white supremacy and its ability to obscure material interests.

I can also see Republicans in Unions, especially if it’s not a teachers, telling themselves that their union is important e.g. police or “skilled trade” while other unions or unions writ large are bad and serve to coddle “unskilled” work and/or people with “women’s studies degrees.”

yeah I guess I never thought of all that.

naturally we all say our union is better than the next but it’s just jokes. Kind of like making fun of someone’s sports team.

to actually believe that goes against everything they stand for.

wisconsin already went full ****** republican now all their asses gotta commute to Minneapolis to make any money.

yeah I guess I never thought of all that.

naturally we all say our union is better than the next but it’s just jokes. Kind of like making fun of someone’s sports team.

to actually believe that goes against everything they stand for.

wisconsin already went full ****** republican now all their asses gotta commute to Minneapolis to make any money.

I know that Walker went to war against non police public sector unions and won.

The people who drive from Wisconsin to Minneapolis, I assume are unionized workers in the building trades?

I guess the big guy thought it wouldn’t affect him
Every district has a union, still can’t strike. If you strike or encourage others to strike, you will be fired.

Everything is a number until it happens to you..... Just ask big guy from Florida

I know that Walker went to war against non police public sector unions and won.

The people who drive from Wisconsin to Minneapolis, I assume are unionized workers in the building trades?

yeah, they went right to work a while ago and surprise surprise, you make better money in MN.

MN Is surrounded in RTW states.

I’m a teacher in Florida and I am not a union member. I am currently heading into my eleventh year and have been at the same school for the past ten. I had been a member my first few years. After my third year our district downsized and 1/7 of our workforce got laid off. I was safe, but a 60 year old sociopath who had been reprimanded numerous times for nutty behavior got canned. She got the union involved and they backed her for my position, despite the fact that she did not have the certifications necessary for the position. I went to meet with the union leaders and all they talked about was district conspiracy theories. It was clear that they had no idea what was in the contract. Luckily, our enrollment went up and I got my position back anyways. I withdrew my membership after that. I am “pro-union” just not this union.

Back
Top Bottom