***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Anyone hear of the documentary “Out of shadows?”
Watched a decent amount of it so far. I went down a rabbit hole I can’t just not know about now.

Just watched. As I said before it seems like ill-advised fear mongering that he is aiming at Democrats and what he labels as “the radical left.”

Speaking of fear mongering, I am interested in your thoughts on this video of Joe Biden:

Joe Biden in 1993 speech warned of 'predators on our streets'

Let me help you out with the next "addressing GOP racism" item on your table:

Just watched. As I said before it seems like ill-advised fear mongering that he is aiming at Democrats and what he labels as “the radical left.”

Speaking of fear mongering, I am interested in your thoughts on this video of Joe Biden:

Also, let's note that the left of 1993 is not the left of 2020. IN 1993, the Democrats were moving rightward, now their platform is going in the opposite direction. The GOP, on the other hand, has only ever moved further and further to the right. That's why it's still valid to mention Reagan, Nixon, and Gingrich whereas taking anything from the 1993 Democratic platform to attack them today makes little sense.

But let's not be bothered by logic and facts. I'm looking forward to your post from Candace's twitter that absolves Roger Stone from any charge of racism.

wavycrocket wavycrocket brings up a salient comment from this weekend regarding Trump’s racist stance Going into the 2020 election and Delk counters with a 1993 video of Biden :rofl: I know we all talk about these guys pasts but you could at least pull something from the same decade bruh.

Comparing the two candidates based on their speeches is out of bounds?

Instead of addressing what Biden said, people in here choose to talk about anything else.

The speech may have been 27 years ago, but the legislation written by Biden has far more recent and continuous impact.

To write it off as just some speech, despite the accompanying legislation, is truly something.

Comparing the two candidates based on their speeches is out of bounds?

Instead of addressing what Biden said, people in here choose to talk about anything else.

The speech may have been 27 years ago, but the legislation written by Biden has far more recent and continuous impact.

To write it off as just some speech, despite the accompanying legislation, is truly something.

Well he was inexperienced at the time, I think we’ve all said he could do better with his legislation

Trump bragging about being able to identify an elephant and I bet most of his supporters genuinely think that's impressive.

The emperor has no clothes.

Here's the MoCA test. It sure gets really hard at the end! 11 words that begin with f? Failure, ****-up, fraudulent, flatulent, fat, frail, friendless, farts, Florida, finicky, fupa.

0bb5d4b6-fbe7-11e7-93e1-366632afe6f9-474x711.jpg

Last edited:
At the time of that speech, Biden had held elected office (as a United States Senator) for 20 years.

I know what’s in his heart and again, I agree he could do better with his legislation.

Now that we’ve gone over that (again) let’s refocus on how much of a piece of **** the sitting president and everyone around him continues to be in the year 2020, where my kid is currently growing up watching a president invoke a multiagency police force to snatch citizens off the streets

At the time of that speech, Biden had held elected office (as a United States Senator) for 20 years.

Why is it that when Trump says ridiculous things that are dog whistles, outright racist or otherwise offensive you find a way to handwave them or find some other meaning?
39AA18FE-BFC9-4D01-B8D4-4273B3BAE145.gif

Yet when NTers make satirical, sarcastic comments or post in hyperbole you then decide to take their word at face value and both dissect and respond in a very technical manner?

401D8A05-0F50-4852-AFCE-AA1AA2307708.gif

Why is it that when Trump says ridiculous things that are dog whistles, outright racist or otherwise offensive you find a way to handwave them or find some other meaning?
39AA18FE-BFC9-4D01-B8D4-4273B3BAE145.gif

Yet when NTers make satirical, sarcastic comments or post in hyperbole you then decide to take their word at face value and both dissect and respond in a very technical manner?

401D8A05-0F50-4852-AFCE-AA1AA2307708.gif

I didn’t hand wave his statements, I said that it was ill-advised fear mongering.

I know what’s in his heart and again, I agree he could do better with his legislation.

Now that we’ve gone over that (again) let’s refocus on how much of a piece of **** the sitting president and everyone around him continues to be in the year 2020, where my kid is currently growing up watching a president invoke a multiagency police force to snatch citizens off the streets

Okay, let’s focus on that.

I didn’t hand wave his statements, I said that it was ill-advised fear mongering.

Okay. Would you agree that you’re downplaying his statements? You say ill-advised as if it wasn’t his direct intention to stoke fear into the hearts of his base so that they would vote for him. What you define as “ill-advised” was actually a calculated statement by Trump and his administration.

Okay. Would you agree that you’re downplaying his statements? You say ill-advised as if it wasn’t his direct intention to stoke fear into the hearts of his base so that they would vote for him. What you define as “ill-advised” was actually a calculated statement by Trump and his administration.

No, not downplaying at all.

Ill-advised as in unwise.

And fear mongering means exactly what you described.

No, not downplaying at all.

Ill-advised as in unwise.

And fear mongering means exactly what you described.

What I’m getting at is that what YOU are calling unwise and imprudent was a deliberate tactic by Trump that actually works in his favor with his base. You are ignoring the fact it was intentional and has a positive impact regardless of you calling it “ill-advised fear mongering”

Back
Top Bottom