***Official Political Discussion Thread***

But why should the millions of people in California make decisions for the thousands in wyoming?
The founding fathers smartly decided it should be the other way around before either of them existed!

I know you're saying this in jest but I don't see any legitimate purpose for the EC and have yet to see anyone explain why the popular vote is not the preferred option.

I've heard people raise a representation issue, but each state is represented in congress with 2 senators and a proportionate number of members in the house based on the state population. Wyoming has a population of less than 600,000 people. For reference, Harris County which comprises the CITY of Houston and most surrounding areas has a population nearing 5 MILLION people.

If you live in Wyoming and are mad you only get 1 house member, it's because no one wants to live in your state. Don't like it? Have your US Senators and House Member lobby for more allocation of resources to your state and have your state legislature push policies that make your state desirable.

Still can't get over the fact Trump made thousands of fools walk miles back to their cars like...
white-walkers-GIF-game-of-thrones.gif

m_l-4YF8F1s0u0I1BiAAzDi_IrPx1xwF_sySwZ_cpdc.jpg

Someone coming out to endorse trump now might be the dumbest thing possible. Not only that, it shows that they really have some kind of deep rooted hate for the majority of people. Their endorsement won’t do anything except make sure that they don’t find work later on in life. What a stupid decision to make. Literally nobody asked for their opinion on anything on this matter

I know you're saying this in jest but I don't see any legitimate purpose for the EC and have yet to see anyone explain why the popular vote is not the preferred option.

I've heard people raise a representation issue, but each state is represented in congress with 2 senators and a proportionate number of members in the house based on the state population. Wyoming has a population of less than 600,000 people. For reference, Harris County which comprises the CITY of Houston and most surrounding areas has a population nearing 5 MILLION people.

If you live in Wyoming and are mad you only get 1 house member, it's because no one wants to live in your state. Don't like it? Have your US Senators and House Member lobby for more allocation of resources to your state and have your state legislature push policies that make your state desirable.
I'm pretty sure it's just the classic case of the GOP wanting special rules. They feel entitled to having more power just... because.

Either way certain states end up with less power. With the EC we artificially give lower population states more power. Why should fewer people have more say over policies that affect everyone?

This **** is ridiculous. My city in California is a little less than half the population of Wyoming lol.

The attack on AOC is pretty lame. They’re pretty much saying that if she wants to help the poor then she better be poor her self. What kind of argument is that? It reminds me of this interview I watch where a guy was getting on Bernie Sanders because Sanders was about clean energy but rode on airplanes. The guy claimed that because he rode airplanes he couldn’t care about clean energy anymore.

Only thing more lame than this is claiming that all the evidence against Hunter Biden was lost in the mail with absolutely zero copies or anyone else to verify their real :rofl:

The attack on AOC is pretty lame. They’re pretty much saying that if she wants to help the poor then she better be poor her self. What kind of argument is that? It reminds me of this interview I watch where a guy was getting on Bernie Sanders because Sanders was about clean energy but rode on airplanes. The guy claimed that because he rode airplanes he couldn’t care about clean energy anymore.

Only thing more lame than this is claiming that all the evidence against Hunter Biden was lost in the mail with absolutely zero copies or anyone else to verify their real :rofl:

It would be the Christian thing to do.

:lol:

This man is a lab created politician.

:lol: its like he was 5 years old and was like "i am going to be president" and set the path then.

But props to Pete for being able to think on his feet and react well. Seen a few interviews where people come at him and he gracefully answers questions with facts and stats on the spot.

Shocked that an old white golfer is endorsing an old white golfer.

I don't think there's too many left-leaning professional golfers out there.
Most of the young dudes are conservatives. The older ones are far-right reactionaries.

I would think the vote for president probably would be like 80-20 Trump. The ones that don't rock with him won't openly say it because of their endorsement deals.

Andre Sullivan, Bari Weiss, now this clown.

The Journalism "Why won't my colleagues tolerate by bad faith buffoonery" Cinematic Universe keeps on expanding.
If Trump wins again I'm burning my copy of No Place to Hide. **** Greenwald for his faux outrage when he's been complicit in the actual undermining of democracy. Censorship of Biden? ***** *** has been defending and sucking up Trump's *** sweat for 4 years and expects to not get his card pulled? Lame ***.

Back
Top Bottom