**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

My bulldog joining in the festivities

I think I'm inching closer to pushing my mother to let me adopt. She's been on this "no I don't want a dog in the house" tip for a while now. I said to her this morning, if I happened to go outside and bring in a puppy and say "Merry Christmas" you wouldn't say a word. Silence from her :lol: .

Unfortunately my dad is wheelchair bound for life but I know how bad he wants a dog. His birthday is in 2 weeks, maybe I pull the trigger for then :nerd: .

Last edited:
Yea a dog is a great companion to have

That's my argument. I know how badly he wants one but my mom's side is that it becomes another responsibility for her while I'm at work and she's home helping with pops. I understand her, but the dog realllllly won't need 24 hour attention.

That's my argument. I know how badly he wants one but my mom's side is that it becomes another responsibility for her while I'm at work and she's home helping with pops. I understand her, but the dog realllllly won't need 24 hour attention.
yea especially if you get a bulldog. A bulldog will be sleeping the majority of the time

My puggle turns 1 on NYE and my husband and I want to have a little party for him. Any things that you think I need that he might like? I've been looking for like some doggy ice cream and some special treats or doggy cupcakes. Anyone have any recommendations? 

You should be there for your mom and your dog. Remember that it's still scary for your dog. Let her know she was loved. Let her know that she is appreciated. Let her know she lived a great life and she lived a full and worthwhile life. Take the time to make the last few days and hours worth it. If it's the best thing for her health wise, and needs to be done; there's nothing you can do.

They don't suffer, it's not a long drawn out thing. It's very quick and painless for them. You can turn away. But you should try to comfort the dog. You're strong enough, believe me.
@okevonz I would have to agree, that you should be there not only for your mom but for your dog.

I agree with these guys, be there for your dog. Had to put my dog down a couple years ago and I really had a tough time dealing with it before and even after it happened, but I wasn't going to let her go through that alone. I just held her while she was on the table getting injected, so at least she knew I was there with her. Took me about a month to make peace with the whole situation, but I still think about her from time to time.

We made sure to do it late (around 1am - 2am), so it wouldn't be as busy and the vet even put us in a room with a back exit. We got our dog cremated and made sure she was picked up within 10 minutes of being put down just so her body wasn't laying around for hours.

Sorry you have to go through this, but do what you can to comfort your dog. Trust me, it'll help ease your mind afterwards.

My puggle turns 1 on NYE and my husband and I want to have a little party for him. Any things that you think I need that he might like? I've been looking for like some doggy ice cream and some special treats or doggy cupcakes. Anyone have any recommendations? 

I got my pup a dog cake and a couple toys

Anyone have any experience with Evo Red Meat dog food? Currently feeding my pup Blue Buffalo puppy food and thinking of transitioning to Evo because of the protein content.

Gotta love em :lol:

To my pit owners, do any of y'all have experience with adding muscle to your pit? I been doing research last few days on it but wondering if anyone has personal experience.

try a flirt pole for good exercise....i stuff a THICK sock with tuna..thick sock so it won't rip as easily...tuna because the juices will leak out when the dog bites the sock and entice him to get it even more...

Back
Top Bottom