**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

took my little guy to get neutered on Saturday. he's doing great, the hard part is trying to keep him from playing with his sister :lol:

Last edited:
took my little guy to get neutered on Saturday. he's doing great, the hard part is trying to keep him from playing with his sister :lol:

Man, when I got my dog neutered... He only wore the cone until I got home, I felt bad so I took it off... I watched him like a hawk to make sure he didn't mess with the stitches :lol:

Man, when I got my dog neutered... He only wore the cone until I got home, I felt bad so I took it off... I watched him like a hawk to make sure he didn't mess with the stitches :lol:

yeah, with my first pup I took it off early. with the two of them though it's tough, they're a handful :lol:

Has anybody taken their dog to get a dental cleaning to clear up early stages of periodontitis?

It's been a year since we adopted our guy, and the checkup revealed he has plaque buildup, but can be reversed. The dental cleaning would need anesthesia in order to properly clean the teeth. Has anyone done this before? Any Idea how much it costs? I read it could be from $200+. Looking to do this asap, just dont know if I should purchase pet insurance or not for a possible next incident, instead of paying out of pocket.

BTW, how often do you guys brush your dogs teeth?

I really want a frenchie puppy but how can I justify spending a couple G's on a dog. So expensive...

You don't justify it, you just do it and proceed to fall in love, frenchies are literally living cuddle teddy bears...they demand your physical warmth and embrace...it's wild...lol

My American bulldog passed last June and I didn't want to replace her, 3 weeks ago for my bday my niece and sister brought this little guy to me

Man I want a French bulldog but I can't find one that I like for under $2000 but I might eventually pick one up

Last edited:
Justify spending a couple of G's that's just the upfront cost partna ... there will be a lot of cost involved following that .. unless you don't believe in routine vet checks or somewhat healthier foods.

However, you have to justify the expense of you looking at a dog just like a dog, instead you have to look at them like family members.

My American bulldog passed last June and I didn't want to replace her, 3 weeks ago for my bday my niece and sister brought this little guy to me

Man I want a French bulldog but I can't find one that I like for under $2000 but I might eventually pick one up

I wouldn't even buy a frenchie that's under 2 grand, I don't know about other breeds but bargain Frenchies are exactly that...your safer bet is buying one with a good family history on paper from a reputable breeder and this won't cost you less than 3k I paid 3500$ for my baby and she was on the low end.

So my girl said when we eventually move in together she'll adopt a dog of my choosing. We're young, so we both live at home still, but when that time comes :pimp: .

I wouldn't even buy a frenchie that's under 2 grand, I don't know about other breeds but bargain Frenchies are exactly that...your safer bet is buying one with a good family history on paper from a reputable breeder and this won't cost you less than 3k I paid 3500$ for my baby and she was on the low end.

all of this. you don't want a pup from a puppy mill that will come with all kinds of issues. I spent $3k and $4k on both my pups after moths of searching for a breeder that I was comfortable with. Plus depending on what state you're in don't forget about tax (this threw me off the first time :lol: ) But they're great dogs and worth every penny. iwilwin iwilwin

I say go to a dog show around your area ... Look at infodog.com ... Talk to the handlers and dog owners there, tell them what you want and if they know or can help you get in contact with a reputable breeder or a (insert breed) dog club. That's your best bet. I have seen front glass dogs at the petshop be more expensive than a health tested and up to AKC standards dogs.

Back
Top Bottom