**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Today is my puggle's 1st birthday! He was not happy about getting his picture taken but that's too bad! Lol

babygawd babygawd Happy birthday to your little guy!

getting dogs to pose for pics takes patience and treats :lol:

Last edited:
My beast has made a huge personality change in the past 2 weeks, she went from an extremely hyper pup to a very lazy, mellow and affectionate dog, I'm loving it....she alwayssssss wants to be cuddled up next to us...something I never got from our anti social pug :lol:

Want to change dry foods next time I have to buy. Always used Blue Buffalo but I know there is better out there. Also don't want to break the bank. Suggestions?

Want to change dry foods next time I have to buy. Always used Blue Buffalo but I know there is better out there. Also don't want to break the bank. Suggestions?
55 dollars a bag I was previously paying 88 a bag for Orijen/Acana all three brands are sourced from Canada which I've read has higher quality standards.

Performatrin ultra dog food. Have to find the one specific for your dogs size.

If you go to blue buffalo's compare tool it's pretty comical they have 15 brands of dog foods which have all been recalled over the last 5 years. Blue buffalo themselves were dealing with a recall last year so them slandering anybody is comical you ask me.

Last edited:
My beast has made a huge personality change in the past 2 weeks, she went from an extremely hyper pup to a very lazy, mellow and affectionate dog, I'm loving it....she alwayssssss wants to be cuddled up next to us...something I never got from our anti social pug :lol:

nice! I'm jealous, my girl was just starting to calm down when we got another pup and now she feeds off his craziness :lol:

even through he's only 7 months he's way more cuddly than she ever was. she likes her space

Last edited:
I'm thinking of inheriting my sisters dog. She's moving and the neighborhood won't allow "dangerous" breeds. He's trained and I'm pretty familiar w/ the dog. However, I have a swimming pool. It would be his first time having extensive time around a pool and alone. I'm not worried about him drowning as he's a strong swimmer. However, I'm worried about him drinking pool water all day. Is a normal problem for dogs? If so how do you go about stopping your dog from doing this?

Maybe im over thinking, but I'm trying to think of any potential issues before I commit to taking the dog.

I'm thinking of inheriting my sisters dog. She's moving and the neighborhood won't allow "dangerous" breeds. He's trained and I'm pretty familiar w/ the dog. However, I have a swimming pool. It would be his first time having extensive time around a pool and alone. I'm not worried about him drowning as he's a strong swimmer. However, I'm worried about him drinking pool water all day. Is a normal problem for dogs? If so how do you go about stopping your dog from doing this?

Maybe im over thinking, but I'm trying to think of any potential issues before I commit to taking the dog.
I've never had a problem with my pups just drinking pool water all day, esp since the chlorine is usually deterring them. The only problem I've had is with them just wanting to jump in the water all the time and I got wet dogs running around the house 
laugh.gif

If drinking the water becomes a problem then you just have to treat it like any other problem(like them chewing everything, etc) and just teach them/reprimand them for a few weeks and it should be ok. What breed if you don't mind me asking?

Do any of you guys have pet health insurance? If so which one, deductible, monthly fee , coverage? Thanks

I've never had a problem with my pups just drinking pool water all day, esp since the chlorine is usually deterring them. The only problem I've had is with them just wanting to jump in the water all the time and I got wet dogs running around the house :lol:

If drinking the water becomes a problem then you just have to treat it like any other problem(like them chewing everything, etc) and just teach them/reprimand them for a few weeks and it should be ok. What breed if you don't mind me asking?

He's a Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix. Really leaning toward taking him.

Miss my dogs that we had for almost 12 years. They had to be put to sleep in September. Rebel and Yankee

I really want a frenchie puppy but how can I justify spending a couple G's on a dog. So expensive...

Back
Top Bottom