**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

Anyone have experience with Beagles? I'm looking for another dog with a similar set of qualities as labs (which I've grown up owning) but a little smaller.

Check out one of my favorite breeds, the English Springer Spaniel...

laughingwithmaggie.jpg

Very intelligent, very beautiful medium size dog. With its cute lil docked tail.

Took in a dog a few weeks ago. Very damaged had to get him shaved down his hair was untreated, seems like his previous owners beat him. He is very polite to myself and my girl but is very aggressive to people he isnt familiar with. Do yall have any tips to calm him down and be more open?

Any way to make a dog more playful and not antisocial with other dogs and people? My corgi won let anyone pet him, never aggresive though but he hides behind me if someone tried. In stores too he'll try and hide under clothes. When were walking outside somewhere urban any black car he see he'll go to it thinking its mine and any open door he'll try to go inside.

He rarely playd with other dogs, keeps to himself and if he does play with another dog its gonna be for maybe 30 seconds then he loses interest. If im sitting at the dog park and a dog comes near me he growls.

He muchhh prefer a park over anything urban also.

I socialized him a lot more than my first dog too so idk why hes like this. Tips?

picasso swerve picasso swerve if you consistently been socializing him since he was a pup, it might just be his personality. one of my pups love to play with any and everyone dog or human while my other pup is more mellow and keeps to himself. both were socialized since we got them at six weeks and they’re 2 and 3 now.

serpately. if you try to train them together they’ll feed off each other and make it more difficult

how old?

Any way to make a dog more playful and not antisocial with other dogs and people? My corgi won let anyone pet him, never aggresive though but he hides behind me if someone tried. In stores too he'll try and hide under clothes. When were walking outside somewhere urban any black car he see he'll go to it thinking its mine and any open door he'll try to go inside.

He rarely playd with other dogs, keeps to himself and if he does play with another dog its gonna be for maybe 30 seconds then he loses interest. If im sitting at the dog park and a dog comes near me he growls.

He muchhh prefer a park over anything urban also.

I socialized him a lot more than my first dog too so idk why hes like this. Tips?

Out of curiosity, have you tried any Corgi/dog centric forums to ask the above? Probably have a better chance yielding a result there than here.

Well last time I posted here was over a year ago when my pit Chevy passed away. My girls family just recently got a lab/pit mix from Craigslist. They had no idea getting a lab pup would be a lot of work. Luckily for us they were willing to give him up. Took weeks of searching and going to shelters for a lab pup but we got one 3 weeks ago.

Meet cash
4EAC9701-1D0D-4FA4-B1B5-86FFF9CBA4CC.jpeg

4805CC8D-916E-43D8-9306-40DE87123D06.jpeg

Dude is very playful but he’s already stuck to our daughter. Technically he’s my in laws dog but I’m excited he’s around. He has that pit face that resembles my old boy.

Anyone have any recommended lab forums? My in laws had labs before but I want to know more info.

California has passed a law that all Pet store will be required to sell rescued Dogs & Cats. No more puppy mills (in theory).

Anyone familiar with Beagles? As much as I'd love to get another Lab, they are a lot of work. Thinking about a Beagle based on the logic that it would be like having a "mini lab." Does that makes sense or no?

Beagles are a lot of work too, I have a puggle so he has beagle in him

They’re hunting dogs so require a lot of exercise, they want to know everything etc

Anyone familiar with Beagles? As much as I'd love to get another Lab, they are a lot of work. Thinking about a Beagle based on the logic that it would be like having a "mini lab." Does that makes sense or no?

I must have gotten lucky with the lab my family had. I don't even remember him being that much work as a pup. Dude was laid back as could be and never wanted to leave the house lmao.

Beagles are a lot of work too, I have a puggle so he has beagle in him

They’re hunting dogs so require a lot of exercise, they want to know everything etc

Any recommendations for a Lab personality (loving, playful, goofy, smart) but smaller?

Any recommendations for a Lab personality (loving, playful, goofy, smart) but smaller?

Honestly beagles like you were originally thinking.

They can eat a ton, won’t stop eating if food is available. That’s why they need exercise.

Back
Top Bottom