Official Powerful Picture Thread Vol. New One

Originally Posted by jessieGRAS

vultureJPEG.jpg
if i remember correctly, the photographer kevin carter killed himself because he we went on a downward spiral with depression after his experiencein sudan
as a journalist you are told not to intervene
ohwell.gif

Hazel, you nearly had me crying at work. My throat hurts now
frown.gif
his mum was so strong through all of that, we need more people like her in the world, I justwish she didn't have to lose her son.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Hazel, you nearly had me crying at work. My throat hurts now
frown.gif
his mum was so strong through all of that, we need more people like her in the world, I just wish she didn't have to lose her son.
^^^ this exactly....what a strong woman!!! it was sad as +++$ just basically watching lil man waste away
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Promised to marry after he came back from war...

f5dp8m.jpg

But things dont always go as plan...... They married, but divorced.

2m4yt14.jpg

Please contribute.
eek.gif
eek.gif

damn when i saw this for a quick sec i thought home girl was physco and married a dead person, but then i realized his face was just burned.
ohwell.gif

the look in her face says it all, i wasnt surprised she was going to divorce him with that look

props to all the vets out there who's lives will never be the same.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

This is so sad...I remember crying so hard when I first saw it, and it still makes me tear up. It is one those montages that puts life in perspective for you.

2007 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography Renée C. Byer

frown.gif

Originally Posted by mr5dollarfootlong

Originally Posted by jessieGRAS

vultureJPEG.jpg
if i remember correctly, the photographer kevin carter killed himself because he we went on a downward spiral with depression after his experience in sudan
as a journalist you are told not to intervene
ohwell.gif

frown.gif
this pic made me tear up.

blackdahlia.jpg

^The Black Dahlia
Hurricane%2520Katrina%2520Response2%5B1%5D.jpg

^Hurricane Katrina
lynching.jpg

Lynching 1930

A mob of 10,000 whites took sledgehammers to the county jailhouse doors to get at these two young blacks accused of raping a white girl; the girl's uncle saved the life of a third by proclaiming the man's innocence. Although this was Marion, Ind., most of the nearly 5,000 lynchings documented between Reconstruction and the late 1960s were perpetrated in the South. (Hangings, beatings and mutilations were called the sentence of "Judge Lynch.") Some lynching photos were made into postcards designed to boost white supremacy, but the tortured bodies and grotesquely happy crowds ended up revolting as many as they scared. Today the images remind us that we have not come as far from barbarity as we'd like to think.

emmitt-till-758872.bmp

^Emmitt Till
Vegeta03.jpg

^No introduction necessary...
paul-johnson.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Marshall_Johnson,_Jr.

If anything's inappropiate then let me know and I'll edit...

Who or how was that KKK pic with the black doctors proven to be black? All there was last time it was posted was latently racist speculation about how blackpeople don't work at hospitals, and especially no way 5 of them do.

Back
Top Bottom