OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

Love how there is no mention of the KOTD event that occurred last weekend. :rofl:
Guess if it aint on URL it dont count :rolleyes

That Pass vs Arsonal was pretty dope though. everything else zzzzz...z.z.z..z.z....zzz

I thought the diz vs gonjas battle was gonna be something.  Couldn't tell from the ig because it was mixed but diz called out norbes and norbes responded so I'm guessing diz took it.

That nunn vs ave battle was fire. Ave had bars on top of bars.  I hated nunn's Eminem 8 mile ending.

I rock with surf heavy..but ever since Drake mentioned his name..him and some fans lifted his status to height that it shouldn't at b... Mook isn't losing.

Only reason Mook would say there's another battle on the card that's bigger is cause it involves another Harlem cat..or Dot Mobb

Much rather see Hollow vs Mook.

Calicoe beat Surf in Jersey in the building and on camera.

Maybe Jae Millz can come back and battle Rex.

You're right that Cal did beat Surf in Jersey... it was incredible. But Cal is special when he's on his ****.

When motivated... Man it's hard to beat Surf, debatable sure, but OUTRIGHT BEAT him?!?!? Iono G.

That statement that Mook would beat him off rep alone is weak as hell tbh. I personally don't think that Mook has the performance to beat Surf, and bar for bar Surf can hang with anyone not named Lux on that stage.

I think A1 Surf (first round vs Hollow, first two rounds vs Con, Hitman battle, Rock battle) clearly 2-1's if not 30's Mook.

But that's just my opinion, right or wrong, it's just how I'm feeling at the time.

Serious Question: What does Mook do so well that makes anyone think that Surf can't beat him or that he will beat Surf?

Last edited:
:lol: this is crazy. Can't wait for this **** to happen alot of y'all gonna be copping pleas when that footage drop

Mook's spot is cemented in history, can't take anything from his name. He battled Millz, Arty, Serious all in their prime and more than held his own, he did a lot for the game.

But what about him now makes you believe that he's just going to walk through Surf? That question is for anyone.

^ Walk thru, definitely not. But he is gonna come with it.

I think his Total Slaughter battle was a good recent showing of his ability lyrically.

But Surf's got bars too, and performance. Which I'm sure Mook is gonna try to brush up on.

I think it's gonna be a close battle.

You're right that Cal did beat Surf in Jersey... it was incredible. But Cal is special when he's on his ****.

When motivated... Man it's hard to beat Surf, debatable sure, but OUTRIGHT BEAT him?!?!? Iono G.

That statement that Mook would beat him off rep alone is weak as hell tbh. I personally don't think that Mook has the performance to beat Surf, and bar for bar Surf can hang with anyone not named Lux on that stage.

I think A1 Surf (first round vs Hollow, first two rounds vs Con, Hitman battle, Rock battle) clearly 2-1's if not 30's Mook.

But that's just my opinion, right or wrong, it's just how I'm feeling at the time.

Serious Question: What does Mook do so well that makes anyone think that Surf can't beat him or that he will beat Surf?
Well if it happens, it will more than likely be in NY. (Advantage Mook)
Gonna be a bunch of washed up Harlem Ns drunk/high and LOUD (Advantage Mook)
Mook will be in control of every one of the particulars concerning the battle (Advantage Mook)

Honestly I would not be surprised if Surf gets booed at some point. In fact I'm sure of it. Hollow and Clips both got booed at some point during their battle.

As far as rhymes? The last time I seen Mook battle was Serious Jones or Young Hot, which ever was more recent. That was a decade ago. I ALWAYS preferred Rex to Mook personally. But that's blasphemous to say I guess. And he always seemed like a nicer guy from my interaction with both of them. Provided I haven't seen Mook foreal FOREAL in 11 years.

If you don't think Mook will win off reputation, could you explain to me the career of Charlie Clips?

I'd much rather see Calicoe vs Goodz than ANY other matchup at this point.

I think Chilla Jones vs Mook would be more entertaining than Mook/Surf

I don't REALLY care to see Mook ever battle again foreal. He's proven his point.

Surf vs Rum Nitty anywhere but NY/Jersey

Surf is the most popular battle out right now. I don't think crowd favoritism will determine who's the victor

Random side notes:

- Rum Nitty is slept on, I wanna see more of him on URL.
- I can't wait to see Hollow/Pat Stay, but I'd rather it be on KOTD.
- I also wish Verb/Surf was on URL.
- K Shine is quietly having one of the best years of any battler.
- Gjonaj got Diz way too early in his career.

Surf is the most popular battle out right now. I don't think crowd favoritism will determine who's the victor
He doesn't have the most views.
That would prolly be the only way to determine that.

People wear Hollow t shirts. He battles maybe twice a year. So he's ALWAYS anticipated, and he's been on a few different leagues.

Clips views are crazy. And he's on different leagues as well.

Surf does URL and U Dubb.

I know we not lettin this Drake co-sign become somethin notable in battle rap.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how anyone can't see what Mook can do based off his last performance...he had rebuttals, went off the top, had personals, punch lines, schemes and stage presence and didn't slip up not once. Arguably washed the top cat at the time in Lux.

Surf is dumb nice...but I just think he's overrated.

that's one thing bout mook

all his material is packaged and ready to go

no stalls or slip ups

surf needs a perfect performance, rebuttals bout the ghostwriting and beat out the mook stans just to break even

it's not as easy as yall making it

and I'm not a big mook fan at all

I think he lost a couple to a few times

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom