Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

When the Lebron 6 pics were about to release, a pair was shown online and people thought they would be the shoe and it ended up not being it...So this could be the possibility with these.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

When the Lebron 6 pics were about to release, a pair was shown online and people thought they would be the shoe and it ended up not being it...So this could be the possibility with these.

Those were also shown much earlier and Mark Parker asked for a redesign... its way too late in the design / production process for that to happen and wont be happening for the IXs

not looking good 
sick.gif
sick.gif

i believe the lebrons peaked here:

still the best lebron shoe/colorway to date IMO

Originally Posted by BronLe

Originally Posted by wilmusrandolph3

All this negativity makes me laugh. Every time people see a new nike sneaker they just hate so hard. I remember people saying how the OG hyperdunks were terrible since they were 'plastic' and 'looked too jetsons', or that ZKIVs were terrible since they're low-tops, or the LeBron 8 V1s since they were different looking and a little bulkier than the 7. JUST STOP NOW BECAUSE YOU KNOW COME OCTOBER YOU'RE GONNA SHOVE OUT THE 165 (possibly plus tax) FOR THESE AND YOU'RE GONNA SAY HOW 'DOPE' THEY ARE.

But the Hyperdunks ARE ugly.
I don't think the toe box could save the ugliness of the upper.

And to the one dude who said they're for basketball, so they don't have to be casual; there's a reason that people weren't messing with the Lebrons hardcore until the South Beaches. 

Alot of Retro Jordans managed to be good for basketball and casual appeal. 

Hopefully when I see full pics of the shoe, my mind will change and I'll grow to love it
Jason Petrie even spoke to that in some interview... stating his approach to designing LeBrons & how he's aware that most consumers don't only want on-court performance but they also want that cross-over casual appeal just as much. It remains to be seen whether he's shifted from that approach.

The 7s & 8s were such successes I don't see why you would divert from that blueprint. We always complain about Nike always playing it safe so its a catch 22. I know personally when JB started diving off the deep end (starting with Jordan XV) they lost me but it's a give & take process I guess. Hopefully the final product is something that will satisfy all parties

interesting concept going with a lot of carbon fiber "weaving". Wonder if this shoe will be lightweight...hopefully it's as comfy as the 8's..those things are the most comfy shoes i own!

most likely it will have that fake carbon fiber shank...

sad that Nike may probably drop that material from all shoes...

Not feeling these at all from the pics. They just don't look striking or have that wow factor to them. Hopefully new, clearer pictures or ones with different colorblocking will help the shoe look better.

Originally Posted by never wear them

If any carbon fiber on the shoe is like that dookie on the Griffey 2 Retros, Imma have to get my Randy Moss on with these and pass

If any carbon fiber on the shoe is like that dookie on the Griffey 2 Retros, Imma have to get my Randy Moss on with these and pass
I get your point about wanting to pass, but how is Randy Moss involved with passing? He's a WR so shouldn't he be catching? I'm confused 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wayne141

I get your point about wanting to pass, but how is Randy Moss involved with passing? He's a WR so shouldn't he be catching? I'm confused 
laugh.gif

Damn I just thought about that one, I lost You right lol

I get your point about wanting to pass, but how is Randy Moss involved with passing? He's a WR so shouldn't he be catching?  
laugh.gif

First thing that sprung to mind.
laugh.gif

SWEET! More money saved in my pocket if they really do look like that. It looks like they took the Hyperfuse 2011 and just slapped on some Lebron logos on it. I bet the low version will look aiight though.

Judging by the new pics i am cautiously optimistic

It looks very hyperfuse/hyperdunk on the upper collar area.

The only think im afraid if is the mash up of all that stuff. A show with Flywire and hyperfuse would be tough enought to pull off without it looking jumbled but throw in the carbon fiber esque weave material and this could be rough.

I just hope they don't do awkward color blocking like they did with the hyperfuse 2011 where the hyperfuse is one color the shoe is another and it looks all patchy.

is this going to be considered hyperfuse 2.0? and just like all lebron previews, it's only horrible until the nice colorways come

I just don't know how they will top the LeBron 8's - V1 & V2.
For comfort, those bad boys just cannot be beat.
I said this before, for the heavyweight guys over 200 lbs they are the best!!

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

I get your point about wanting to pass, but how is Randy Moss involved with passing? He's a WR so shouldn't he be catching?  
laugh.gif

First thing that sprung to mind.
laugh.gif

Lets hope they retire that garbage. I almost throw up when I see it on sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom