Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

did a quick paint mash-up.... 360 doesnt really make a difference on the look of the shoe... I actually like the look of the 180 more

2s5ze6t.jpg

bahunt8 wrote:

Exactly, do people really think the 8, especially the v1 is more inspiring? I love the 8 and appreciate it's simplicity don't get me wrong but it certainly isn't that unique. Definitely not more than these from a design standpoint. We just identify it as a lebron shoe because we've seen it everyday for the last year. Nike took more chances with this one imo which is necessary if you want to advance the line.
Fans took to liking the plain designs.. Almost uninspiring.. This one shuts all those naysayers up.. But there weren't many naysayers to begin with because all those shoes did rather well. So it's questionable what this move was about.. The 6s had a AF1 vibe to them, atleast from the toebox. Other than that, nothing awe inspiring. But the colorways and Lebron himself sold those.. 7s had a slick mudguard. Truly all basic, and a swoosh with flywire. Tell me how that's truly innovative... 8 v1s follow along that same line. Take away the flywire that had no flow to begin with, and you have a one layer shoe.... This 9 really takes it to a whole other level technology and design wise

maxtempo96 wrote:
right now i just can't get past the ink blot/3 leaf clover shape outline on the lateral side.what's up with that JP?
It's almost like a failed Monkey Paw that was finally unveiled.. A lot of those late 90 shoes had that glove/material over them for a reason.

scottiepimpin33 wrote:
and just my confession...i didnt care for the 8 when it first released or the V2. but now i think they are absolute modern day masterpieces. especially the V1.  
I'm not knocking anyone's opinion here but look at the shoe without a LB23 association. I said it back at the very beginning last year, it's almost laughable how unstructured aesthetically the v1s were.. Smooth leather from the toe working its way up. TUMOR alert with a rugged straight lined flywire attachment.. You work your way up some more. Another no flow "slap this on for no reason" flywire piece. Then a swoosh... V2s actually had the flow and lines all working together nicely.. How V1 becomes more heralded than V2. I will never know.. Maybe it's the leather? V2 kind of blended the flywire together. Tinker Hatfield with the air trainer sc high III had some webtec in those same places, but had an upper that was a bit more complicated and made it all work. Here. It was "slap an entire flywire segment here" and we'll be okay.

Tough call though. We got lulled to sleep for the past 4 years, and now when something really innovative and futuristic comes out, it's a no go? I'm a sucker for classic designs and models so I have an understanding there. Those Nike designers were in a tough position. Make it a 5th year of bland designs or make something for the future? There was no build up for this though. 4 years of straight classic looking shoes (the 4s were futuristic) and now back right where the 4s left off?? Seems weird.

Wallyhopp,

i feel what you are saying and as a 32 year old that picked up his first pair of Js in 1988...Bred IVs (and a former nike employee), i look at the flow of the V1s as a smooth leather upper with the flywire working its way through the leather from underneath the upper (midsole area). i look at the nike sign as well placed. it couldve been built in to the panel a little better but it was a very nice touch. i agree with you that the V2 was flawless and more innovative than the V1. But i think that it evolved great from the V1. and it gave you a good choice between the 2. the stance and the tongue def gave it a casual "yeezy feel" and the comfort is absolutely off the charts.

if you look at the flywire segments in the 8 V1 they are exactly where they need to be for how Lebron played the game...reinforcing the heel/lower ankle area and on the outside of the mid/forefoot area. so i feel that it did have alot of functionality as well. i look forward to hearing what JP has to say about the specs of the 9. i am not writing them off just yet...because i am guilty of writing off the 8s prematurely...but...but nothing...i am just gonna give them a chance to grow on me the way the 8s did.

i agree with what you said about 4 years of str8 classic looking shoes then back to where the 4 left off. i feel that it just adds to my point about the line lacking "identity". and how they should have stuck with the lion and added the sig and the LJ logo as sort of accents along with balancing innovative and classic a little better.

i dont think the 8 V1 is more inspiring than the V2 but it is def a classic shoe.  (both are)

Originally Posted by Gottips3

will these still realease even with a nba lock out?

I don't see why not since Nike is not owned by the NBA. If Nike factory workers were on strike then that's a different story.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

You think Lebron gives a damn about how this sig shoe looks with Denims when he's on an NBA court competing with some of the worlds best athletes?... You want "style"? Go cop those half-done Retros that JB puts out... Shoes that wouldn't last 3 games in an NBA season due to the lack of quality and performance.

one of the dumbest post i have read on niketalk. ofcourse he @%*%!$* cares. 

Anybody else think we could see different versions of this shoe with different materials?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

You think Lebron gives a damn about how this sig shoe looks with Denims when he's on an NBA court competing with some of the worlds best athletes?... You want "style"? Go cop those half-done Retros that JB puts out... Shoes that wouldn't last 3 games in an NBA season due to the lack of quality and performance.

one of the dumbest post i have read on niketalk. ofcourse he @%*%!$* cares. 

Dumbest post on this thread so far....

If you don't know by now, how Lebron or his entourage works... don't post.

The newer pics make the shape of the shoe look better, but I dont like that bred color at all.

The heel area seems to me like a yeezy copy. Better colorways might help this shoe look good casually.

sick.gif
 these are the first lebron series shoe that I dont want any part off, not even for outlet prices............... I just realized how much I loved the Lion without it these really look basic.
roll.gif
even the PS colorways are weak

Some of you are missing the point I was trying to make. Of course the style of the shoe matters to some extent, its what catches the consumers eye, But when it comes to athletes, Pro or amateur... Performance is key. Some of your opinions about the shoe are tainted for the simple fact that 75% of you that purchase gym shoes don't hoop in them...and buy basketball shoes based solely on "how they look"... Which is fine, But I doubt during the testing process NIKE made Lebron try on different cuts of denim to make sure the shoe looks good worn casually... if they do, they do, if they don't, they don't.....Performance never takes the backseat to style, and this statement is true for any sport...

As for the comment about MJ wearing Retros, yeah...he did. But this was in 2001 when JB's quality was decent....and lets not forget that he gets a new pair every game.

IXs probably are gonna be slightly heavier than the VII and 8. I didn't expect the CF weave to be that large.

KayCurrency wrote:
But when it comes to athletes, Pro or amateur... Performance is key. Some of your opinions about the shoe are tainted for the simple fact that 75% of you that purchase gym shoes don't hoop in them...and buy basketball shoes based solely on "how they look"... 

Kobe needs to bring Lebron under his line....
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

KayCurrency wrote:
But when it comes to athletes, Pro or amateur... Performance is key. Some of your opinions about the shoe are tainted for the simple fact that 75% of you that purchase gym shoes don't hoop in them...and buy basketball shoes based solely on "how they look"...�
Kobe needs to bring Lebron under his line.... �
pimp.gif
�
laugh.gif
�.

Tinker is always going to be a legend... but he hasn't come out with anything eye-popping since the 23, so its not that big of a deal... JP is doing a decent job with the LBJ line.... i just hate how he went off track from the VII & VIII with this one

oh no doubt. JP really did a good job with the 7 and 8s...

but look what what happened to Ken Link... when you feel like there needs to be a change, pretty sure Nike will do it and then just throw a hot new fresh designer into the mix...

lets just see how things go with this line. I'm not gonna bash it yet...

how 'bout a NF version? (No Fuse/flywire)

Actually... what do we know.... JP may prob not even have the option to select what he wants to use for the next model...

he was prob forced to use the 180 unit.

LeBron just reached a sponsorship deal with Miami and Kentucky

[h1][/h1]
[h1]LeBron James strikes sponsorship deal with UM men's basketball team[/h1]
By Steve Gorten, Sun Sentinel
6:39 p.m. EDT, July 8, 2011

CORAL GABLES—The University of Miami men's basketball team will be sporting LeBron James-branded Nike gear this coming season thanks to a sponsorship deal with the Miami Heat superstar, two sources said Friday.

James will also be sponsoring Ohio State and Kentucky.

UM players were told the news by Coach Jim Larranaga on Thursday.

James' publicist, Keith Estabrook, said he wouldn't comment on the matter and directed all questions to Nike, which didn't immediately return an email from the Sun Sentinel.

James, who has been active in promoting his brand, follows in the footsteps of Michael Jordan, whose Jordan Brand is the official equipment supplier of his alma mater, North Carolina.

James has no direct ties to any of the three schools he'll be sponsoring, but the Akron, Ohio native is known as an Ohio State fan. And he built a relationship with UM when he and some Heat teammates played pick-up games with Hurricanes players on campus last summer.

Larranaga also is familiar with James' representative, Maverick Carter. Soon after Larranaga left George Mason this spring to become UM's coach, he tweeted about a meeting he had with Carter and former GMU player Darren Tarver, with whom Carter is friends.

James' sponsorship and support of the Hurricanes should generate interest in a program that has continually lacked fan support.

Staff Writer Shandel Richardson contributed to this report.

[email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @sgorten

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...es-lebron-james-0709-20110708,0,6818951.story

As for the comment about MJ wearing Retros, yeah...he did. But this was in 2001 when JB's quality was decent....and lets not forget that he gets a new pair every game.

Cmon dude please stop with that. 
Gilbert Arenas is notorious for wearing Retros, and having a sick shoe game on court. Mike Bibby wore the Cement 3 2011 Retro with no problems. In fact, Kobe has had more problems with his "top of the line Nike technology" shoes on court, then Bibby or Arenas or anyone who rocks Retros.

I've seen pics of dude's V2's ripping after one game right here on NT

Quit acting like they couldn't have made a dope shoe while making it functional on court

it seems that they are trying to ween us off the air max aspect

i'm willing to bet that the next lebron sig wont have an air unit at all

the 7 and 8 were so successful that they had to atleast use a 180 unit to keep people interested

Originally Posted by BronLe

Cmon dude please stop with that. 
Gilbert Arenas is notorious for wearing Retros, and having a sick shoe game on court. Mike Bibby wore the Cement 3 2011 Retro with no problems. In fact, Kobe has had more problems with his "top of the line Nike technology" shoes on court, then Bibby or Arenas or anyone who rocks Retros.

I've seen pics of dude's V2's ripping after one game right here on NT

Quit acting like they couldn't have made a dope shoe while making it functional on court

Retros suck on the court, period... They're more of a novelty item than a performance shoe. period

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

did a quick paint mash-up.... 360 doesnt really make a difference on the look of the shoe... I actually like the look of the 180 more

2s5ze6t.jpg

This looks great already i really hope 360 will be part of lebron 9 line up

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

i, myself enjoy seeing what the future brings with nike...instead of waiting for the next half-done non innovative retro to come out. i do wish that these had more crossover appeal i.e. vi, vii and 8s but i am sure that with some great colorways this will be a cool shoe.
Colorways shouldn't have to save a shoe. When they do, its an indicator that the design was crap to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom