Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Didnt the 8 get the same amount of backlash before it became the most popular of the Lebron series?

The same exact words..
Im really starting to think Petrie is just trolling with these pics, and just giving us all time to let the shoes grow on us...

I love them, they look like they perform well on the court, which is all that matters imo....

....As for the comment about them looking like a regular Nike basketball shoe.....The same can be said about the 7's and 8's.....ESPECIALLY the 7's though...

Originally Posted by Billionaire Swag

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Didnt the 8 get the same amount of backlash before it became the most popular of the Lebron series?
Way to address the same thing that everybody else has.

My thing is that the 8's had a sort of casual appeal and the max air 360 also pulled you in to buy them.

These have NO, I repeat 0 casual appeal and do not even have the 360 anymore.

And to top it off, we get a $5 increase for a less appealing shoe.
indifferent.gif

I mean these could be performance monsters but I'm just judging by looks right now since no one knows how they perform.

A great colorway could make these OK but they're looking real doo-doo right now.

I wanted to buy these just cause I'm a HUGE Bron fan but I can't do it.

30t6p3b.gif
Didnt read through the topic, woudnt know.
First and foremost, the Lebron series is a basketball, performance shoe. Aesthetics is second to performance features.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

....As for the comment about them looking like a regular Nike basketball shoe.....The same can be said about the 7's and 8's.....ESPECIALLY the 7's though...

Exactly, do people really think the 8, especially the v1 is more inspiring? I love the 8 and appreciate it's simplicity don't get me wrong but it certainly isn't that unique. Definitely not more than these from a design standpoint. We just identify it as a lebron shoe because we've seen it everyday for the last year. Nike took more chances with this one imo which is necessary if you want to advance the line.

I would have to agree that function is more important than style, but the cross pollination of the two is crucial in todays Sneaker Industry.

Many people are purchasing lower tier shoes to play on court with, and use admittedly the signature models to style in, but its the shoe that can leave the stands and walk straight onto the hardcourt that will be successful each and every time.

I think this shoe can do this, and I've been around long enough to know the NT dynamic... but to some they are like me. I absolutely KNEW I wasn't a fan of Hyperfuse and would only get the V3 to ball in for function not style. However after getting a pair of free Dunkmans.... ehhh.. I'll use those for both.. lol for now.

Now the Adi Crazy Lights? I have to say I WISH those didn't have the three stripes on it. It looks like it could be a Nike type of design... but I could never wear them casually. They are strictly performance kicks... and maybe Skateboarders could rock them... but I couldn't see them with Jeans... at least the comfy NON tight ones I wear.....

Many will come around on this shoe no doubt.. colors will do it for some. Material use for others... I see the Jordan XX1 in these in some ways.. where D.E. Quilted the padding inside and you can see these inside and out...but with a twist...and these are far better looking.

I dont mind the IX its not on the level of the 7s or 8s...but the IX has some great tech. I really am looking forward to playing in a pair and seeing other colorways 

It kinda have a Soldier feel to it. It's more rugged than what we're use to seeing with the main sig shoe. Maybe Nike plans to kill the Soldier line up. I think the low version will look better.

i think this shoe will be alright. i didn't like it at first but with the right colors it'll look better. as much as i wanted 360 air, i'm sure JP has a reason for going to 180 and zoom too, and it'll be fine in the long run. the promised sb colorway will be interesting.

You think Lebron gives a damn about how this sig shoe looks with Denims when he's on an NBA court competing with some of the worlds best athletes?... You want "style"? Go cop those half-done Retros that JB puts out... Shoes that wouldn't last 3 games in an NBA season due to the lack of quality and performance.

i, myself enjoy seeing what the future brings with nike...instead of waiting for the next half-done non innovative retro to come out. i do wish that these had more crossover appeal i.e. vi, vii and 8s but i am sure that with some great colorways this will be a cool shoe.

i stated it before and i will say it again...a more full tongue with the lion logo would have been nice and it would give the line the identity it needs to go forward with a strong foundation...(see the jumpman).

i love the re-inforced toe look. i really like how the V2s look when i look down at them on my feet and thats a biggie for me. there are so many popular shoes that i didnt like (that were great looking shoes) simply because they didnt look good when i looked down at them. air max 95 and jordan xiii to name a few.

there could have been a few subtle changes that would have given the shoes more of a street/casual appeal and the tongue (see the 8s tongue) is one of them.

just my 2 pennies.

and just my confession...i didnt care for the 8 when it first released or the V2. but now i think they are absolute modern day masterpieces. especially the V1.  

right now i just can't get past the ink blot/3 leaf clover shape outline on the lateral side.what's up with that JP?

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i think those red carpet ps look actually really good. At first glance i thought the ix was off, but we'll see how the first few CW's can change my mind
word, the red carpet colors work well. i don't think i'll ever like the sig on the tongue, the lion would've been a lot nicer, but these got potential. even if those black/red ones just had a white midsole, they'd look 10x better.

This exactly how I feel, I like those RC.  Wish they would have kept the 360.

Plain, generic, no neither of those.

On first proper look however, there's something kind of bulbous or mishapen looking about them.

Yeah, i know they're made for a 270lb plus, 6ft 8 athlete.

But they have to sell to the general public too.

I really don't know how people will take to them...but i can' t see these on my feet ever.

You think Lebron gives a damn about how this sig shoe looks with Denims when he's on an NBA court competing with some of the worlds best athletes?... You want "style"? Go cop those half-done Retros that JB puts out... Shoes that wouldn't last 3 games in an NBA season due to the lack of quality and performance.

But that's the thing, Jordan DID play in the Retros being sold like hot cakes. Part of the success is because of Jordans performance, but his performance means nothing to the kids who are copping and barely even remember his Wizards days. The reason they sell is because they are classic designs which could also perform on court. Mike Bibby and Gilbert Arenas play in Retros all the time.

Originally Posted by BronLe

But that's the thing, Jordan DID play in the Retros being sold like hot cakes. Part of the success is because of Jordans performance, but his performance means nothing to the kids who are copping and barely even remember his Wizards days. The reason they sell is because they are classic designs which could also perform on court. Mike Bibby and Gilbert Arenas play in Retros all the time.
i dare you to play ball in the military or mars IV with lowcut socks.......................see what happens

ehh they ok, not really feeling them. To me the Lebron 8 is the best looking signature sneaker hes released. I think its going to be hard to top the 8. It just a great all around and great looking sneaker.

Originally Posted by bahunt8

Exactly, do people really think the 8, especially the v1 is more inspiring? I love the 8 and appreciate it's simplicity don't get me wrong but it certainly isn't that unique. Definitely not more than these from a design standpoint. We just identify it as a lebron shoe because we've seen it everyday for the last year. Nike took more chances with this one imo which is necessary if you want to advance the line.
Fans took to liking the plain designs.. Almost uninspiring.. This one shuts all those naysayers up.. But there weren't many naysayers to begin with because all those shoes did rather well. So it's questionable what this move was about.. The 6s had a AF1 vibe to them, atleast from the toebox. Other than that, nothing awe inspiring. But the colorways and Lebron himself sold those.. 7s had a slick mudguard. Truly all basic, and a swoosh with flywire. Tell me how that's truly innovative... 8 v1s follow along that same line. Take away the flywire that had no flow to begin with, and you have a one layer shoe.... This 9 really takes it to a whole other level technology and design wise

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

right now i just can't get past the ink blot/3 leaf clover shape outline on the lateral side.what's up with that JP?
It's almost like a failed Monkey Paw that was finally unveiled.. A lot of those late 90 shoes had that glove/material over them for a reason.

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

and just my confession...i didnt care for the 8 when it first released or the V2. but now i think they are absolute modern day masterpieces. especially the V1.  
I'm not knocking anyone's opinion here but look at the shoe without a LB23 association. I said it back at the very beginning last year, it's almost laughable how unstructured aesthetically the v1s were.. Smooth leather from the toe working its way up. TUMOR alert with a rugged straight lined flywire attachment.. You work your way up some more. Another no flow "slap this on for no reason" flywire piece. Then a swoosh... V2s actually had the flow and lines all working together nicely.. How V1 becomes more heralded than V2. I will never know.. Maybe it's the leather? V2 kind of blended the flywire together. Tinker Hatfield with the air trainer sc high III had some webtec in those same places, but had an upper that was a bit more complicated and made it all work. Here. It was "slap an entire flywire segment here" and we'll be okay.

Tough call though. We got lulled to sleep for the past 4 years, and now when something really innovative and futuristic comes out, it's a no go? I'm a sucker for classic designs and models so I have an understanding there. Those Nike designers were in a tough position. Make it a 5th year of bland designs or make something for the future? There was no build up for this though. 4 years of straight classic looking shoes (the 4s were futuristic) and now back right where the 4s left off?? Seems weird.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

Originally Posted by BronLe

i dare you to play ball in the military or mars IV with lowcut socks.......................see what happens
I don't have any 4's and if I got some, the last thing I would do is play ball in them, cause I'm too poor to be dropping 300 bucks on kicks I'm gonna ball in 
laugh.gif

However...

nba-feet-gilbert-arenas-air-jordan-iv-military-blue-04.jpg

I'm usually not a huge fan of larger swooshes encompassing most of the upper, but how bout this for a tweak?

Just a slightly larger more angled swoosh? I feel the current swoosh may be throwing off the whole look of the shoe
2hygx37.jpg

And for mere fun.
higher swoosh, bron 8 mid/outsole, and a front toebox color that is the same as everything else (ie seamless toebox)
4t6qmd.jpg

I LIKE THEM A LOT!!!!

I would have preferred seeing a 360 air max sole but overall I really like it!!!

I'm a sucker for the black & red colorway of Jordans and Lebrons.....having said that, I think the LBJ IX's are cool. Looks like a shoe that will be a good option for basketball this year.....in terms of fashion, maybe......

Back
Top Bottom