Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by sniper

Was switching out the laces on my Swingmans and decided to throw them on the Big Bangs since they matched the mission patch...
153lnic.jpg

nqe1jl.jpg

125syag.jpg

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_ln3t7w7zfo1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg
I'll allow it, might do this to my pair

Copped these for my girl today. Never gave them much attention but today they caught my eye. I swapped the laces for her blackout laces. I think it was OD with the pink laces. She loved them. (or so she tells me
laugh.gif
)

I was hoping they would add at least a gum sole on the Aways if not a glittered clear sole. For that price I'd just rock my custom black/gold instead and get the Kobe Elite.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

not really impressed with the Elites, i was hoping that they had these in them
tired.gif

Seriously though...what did happen to that?As much as I don't like white shoes, the homes are pretty nice. No chance in hell for $250 retail, but still nice. I won't be touching this model for $250, just not worth it.

The home elites are pretty hot. I hope they keep the colorways simple and classy for that edition, kinda like a post season shoe. No south beaches, no red carpets etc..... I also hope (for the actual Lebron fans out there) that he sticks to those colorways released and no PE versions so the fans can wear what he wears. Or at least own em, because I know a lot of you dudes don't wear your kicks
laugh.gif
anyway.... I'll more than likely pass on both elites (Kobe's too). Just can't get down with all the price hikes. Nike taking advantage of us whenever they can needs to stop. At least I think so....

Originally Posted by DarkMansX88

Damn wish the Elite would of got rid of LeBrons sorry *** signature on the tongue and brought back the Lion head I mean for 250 I expect the Lion head back
roll.gif

I would have liked to see the lion again too

Respectfully speaking I thought this was supposed to be a forum on sneakers and not ECON 101. Lol but I don't like the fact they 250 but I work hard so I should be able to buy what I want when I want. The quality on these promos are outstanding and furthermore I like the black ones over the white but I would cop the whites depending on how the the sbs look. I'm not a hype man I just like a good looking shoe and you can't argue with that. Hopefully I can get my hands on both to end my lebron 9 collection. 10s got a helluva standard to live up to. The 9s were epic!!!

Originally Posted by s0ldOut

very disappointed with elites. was expecting these. what happened?
im glad that im not the only one that wanted to try these out, or something with the same tech.

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

not really impressed with the Elites, i was hoping that they had these in them
tired.gif
Seriously though...what did happen to that?As much as I don't like white shoes, the homes are pretty nice. No chance in hell for $250 retail, but still nice. I won't be touching this model for $250, just not worth it.
Lowtops?

Originally Posted by s0ldOut

very disappointed with elites. was expecting these. what happened?
im glad that im not the only one that wanted to try these out, or something with the same tech.

Not even understanding how they got from those to the elites but I heard the X will incoporate some of the proto's tech into it(exposed flywire). Was looking foward to them too.

Originally Posted by Thorough Bred Nike Head

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

The only thing I can see that supposedly justifies the 250 price hike is the use of the carbon fiber...
BUT thats only if it is REAL carbon fiber

edit: I also read that the flywire is made of kevlar and kevlar is not cheap to make

plus an anatomical fit I just read this on nike-lebron.net
I'm SOLD! Just the fact that Nike uses kevlar makes it a plus for me. It def wont save my life in a drive-by, but I appreciate the attention to detail.It takes a lot for me to even consider buying all white based sneakers, but white elites are actually DOPE!

kevlar doesnt hold up well in cold conditions and its heavy..... nike put vectran in the original hyperdunk for kobe at the olympics... Vectran is better..... but nike was so cheap and sed F the public just put nylon instead

At first I liked the Away more....but now I like the Home more. Both are very nice though. So do we assume that these fit the same way as the regular 9s (half size up)?

Only four colorways of the Elites are releasing correct? Im sure Ill end up with at least one. Its gonna be funny how quickly people change their minds when the release date gets closer and we see more pics. Initial reactions to lebrons are almost always negative but by the end of the day most of us cop a pair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Only four colorways of the Elites are releasing correct? Im sure Ill end up with at least one. Its gonna be funny how quickly people change their minds when the release date gets closer and we see more pics. Initial reactions to lebrons are almost always negative but by the end of the day most of us cop a pair
laugh.gif
THIS

Originally Posted by Just4Kicks212

Originally Posted by Thorough Bred Nike Head

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

The only thing I can see that supposedly justifies the 250 price hike is the use of the carbon fiber...
BUT thats only if it is REAL carbon fiber

edit: I also read that the flywire is made of kevlar and kevlar is not cheap to make

plus an anatomical fit I just read this on nike-lebron.net
I'm SOLD! Just the fact that Nike uses kevlar makes it a plus for me. It def wont save my life in a drive-by, but I appreciate the attention to detail.It takes a lot for me to even consider buying all white based sneakers, but white elites are actually DOPE!

kevlar doesnt hold up well in cold conditions and its heavy..... nike put vectran in the original hyperdunk for kobe at the olympics... Vectran is better..... but nike was so cheap and sed F the public just put nylon instead
Just read up on Vectran vs Kevlar and there pretty much the same even though Kevlar is cheaper to produce but I think Vectran will become more readily available in the near future it just came into commercial use in the 90s.  My sister who is a polymer scientist also confirmed for me that they are very similar in structure too (She graduated from MIT) 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom