Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by DarkMansX88

Damn wish the Elite would of got rid of LeBrons sorry *** signature on the tongue and brought back the Lion head I mean for 250 I expect the Lion head back
roll.gif

I would have liked to see the lion again too

That makes three of us.

Of all the Lebron logos (and he's had a lot over the years) the Lion is by far the best, IMO. A shiny, gold Lion would have been a really nice touch on these, especially on a shoe called the Elite that retails for $250! The crown on the heel tab is nice though!

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Only four colorways of the Elites are releasing correct? Im sure Ill end up with at least one. Its gonna be funny how quickly people change their minds when the release date gets closer and we see more pics. Initial reactions to lebrons are almost always negative but by the end of the day most of us cop a pair
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Word.
The 1st two are an easy pass for me tho.
Nike Elites- $0
My savings acct.- +$500

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

Originally Posted by casper90403

did someone hack your computer? This comment is ridiculous, comical actually.

I said the same thing..It can't be him. Those comments just don't make any sense what so ever. Whatever tho its cool.
Cant wait for pics of the elites

It makes perfect sense to a true fan.

Some people are fans or teams, and some are fans of players. Those are the front runners and bandwagon fans who hop from team to team/player to player depending on who's good.

some people are fans of athletes and some people are fans of teams. Me, I'm a fan of a team. SAN ANTONIO SPURS. My logic is that every year the spurs are going to win the championship. Im a definition of a true fan of a team. But back to the shoes, them elites look ugly then the 9s. I mean the shape of the shoe. 

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Originally Posted by Just4Kicks212

Originally Posted by Thorough Bred Nike Head

I'm SOLD! Just the fact that Nike uses kevlar makes it a plus for me. It def wont save my life in a drive-by, but I appreciate the attention to detail.It takes a lot for me to even consider buying all white based sneakers, but white elites are actually DOPE!

kevlar doesnt hold up well in cold conditions and its heavy..... nike put vectran in the original hyperdunk for kobe at the olympics... Vectran is better..... but nike was so cheap and sed F the public just put nylon instead
Just read up on Vectran vs Kevlar and there pretty much the same even though Kevlar is cheaper to produce but I think Vectran will become more readily available in the near future it just came into commercial use in the 90s.  My sister who is a polymer scientist also confirmed for me that they are very similar in structure too (She graduated from MIT) 
nerd.gif

yes all that is true but in COLD or even HOT conditions kevlar does NOT hold up well at all.... even the innovation kitchen has admitted this... thats y i find it funny now that they wanna put kevlar in the shoe.... nylon worked perfectly fine.... so y NOW add kevlar instead??? its just a reason for nike toadd that $80 mark up.... Yes I'm upset (at nike) 

the soles on the Elites look better than the regular 9's, thats about it. They look like a mixture of the air max sensation 2011 and the huarache 2008 bball.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Only four colorways of the Elites are releasing correct? Im sure Ill end up with at least one. Its gonna be funny how quickly people change their minds when the release date gets closer and we see more pics. Initial reactions to lebrons are almost always negative but by the end of the day most of us cop a pair
laugh.gif

Most people here like the Elites...but not the price.

kevlar doesnt hold up well in cold conditions and its heavy..... nike put vectran in the original hyperdunk for kobe at the olympics... Vectran is better..... but nike was so cheap and sed F the public just put nylon instead
Just read up on Vectran vs Kevlar and there pretty much the same even though Kevlar is cheaper to produce but I think Vectran will become more readily available in the near future it just came into commercial use in the 90s.  My sister who is a polymer scientist also confirmed for me that they are very similar in structure too (She graduated from MIT) 
nerd.gif

yes all that is true but in COLD or even HOT conditions kevlar does NOT hold up well at all.... even the innovation kitchen has admitted this... thats y i find it funny now that they wanna put kevlar in the shoe.... nylon worked perfectly fine.... so y NOW add kevlar instead??? its just a reason for nike toadd that $80 mark up.... Yes I'm upset (at nike) 

Just4kicks is dropping some knowledge

I love your tech closet segements on Youtube
smokin.gif

I know youre probably busy but you need to drop them more frequently.

For everyone asking about what happened to those early Elite samples, I'm pretty sure that the image you are referring to was actually an early sample of the Hyperdunk 2012. In the promotional pictures for the HD 2012 release you can see that Kobe is wearing a pair with the Lunarlon tooling, but that Lebron (and even DWill in one image) is wearing the HD 2012 with an Air Max (possibly Air Max with internal Zoom Air?) tooling. I'm willing to bet that those alleged Elite IX samples were actually samples for the HD 2012 with the new tooling, and never actually meant to be the Lebron IX Elite. They are far too similar to the upcoming HD to be anything else, and I don't think Nike would spoil the new exposed Flywire tech by revealing it in the NBA playoffs rather than at the Olympics (which they used as a platform for Flywire and Lunar Foam back in 2008).

Also, has anyone mentioned that the Lebron IX Elite reminds them of a Huarache? I kinda dig it, but at the same time they're not my cup of tea. Nice detail though, and I'm sure they'll look sharp on court.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

nerd.gif

Just4kicks is dropping some knowledge

I love your tech closet segements on Youtube
smokin.gif

I know youre probably busy but you need to drop them more frequently.
thank you bro i didnt know anybody on NT watched my vids.... i actually just got a brand new laptop, camcorder and video editing program... thats y i started up again.... so right now the hardest part for me is the EDITING.... i kinda suck at it lol... i'll get better thou.... so with that sed i will be uploading at the very least 1 vid a week.... i just added 3 in the last 3 days.... i still have alot of footage....... thanks again bro....
 but as far as the LBJ 9 Supreme it is VERY nice but at the end of the day my point is the $80 mark up just doesnt make sence.... the carbon fiber heel counter/ lateral side wrap (and the shank) are the most expensive part of the shoe.... everything else is Plastic.... like i sed on twitter... nike is planning on being a 15-18 billion dollar annual company by 2015..... mark ups like this is only helping there goal and hurt our pockets.... i dont work for nike anymore (for a while now) and i still have a swoosh account and even with that 40% off its still RIDICULOUS!!! nike is reseller in itself.... all i know is  someone will send me a pair (which i will get for free cuz i refuse to pay more for less materials then the original).... the most impressive part of the shoe to me is the exposed, woven, 3D composite midfoot shank plate.... and even that isnt THAT impressive... its w.e. thou... maybe IM BUGGIN?

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Big Bangs restock on Eastbay...

GS only

trolling? I don't see anything and I just called and they said there was no restock.... 
how u gonna call dude out and be wrong?
eastbay has been really different with restocks lately. they dont put them on the site. i think they post it on their twitter page and/or email the elite members.

you had to call and give the style number. they definitely had them.
first off take two steps WAY back...
notice the question marks... people usually those when they aren't sure about something (which is why I used them) I know ppl like to troll sometimes as a joke, ain't nobody mad... I was just seeing. 

Second, I never said dude was wrong--- just saying I called and checked the site and the guy informed me there was no restock. But I'm guessing you called today and you were able to verify there was a restock?  I didn't have the style number so there was nothing to give them.  I'm not on twitter nor am I an elite member.  

Got dang I swear some of ya'll need to chill out with this tough guy bit and calm down sometime --- everybody AIN'T tryna be a douche, some us actually just want answers to questions or more info.  

The elites look like the artist's concept brought to life and not a watered down retail version.  From paper to retail with no filter.  Amazing detail. Work of art.  Just....wow.

JP did it again.

Got my hands on a few pairs of SLH's! And I have to say WOW! These are definite cop material! These only come second to the Big Bangs in my book! Do yourself a favor and get you some.

Incase any one is wondering I tweeted @pr again(the guy who leaked the so called south beach) and he said a month or 2 before official images(think I may have seen some leaked photos already tho?) but he did also tell me that they drop in June!

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

For everyone asking about what happened to those early Elite samples, I'm pretty sure that the image you are referring to was actually an early sample of the Hyperdunk 2012. In the promotional pictures for the HD 2012 release you can see that Kobe is wearing a pair with the Lunarlon tooling, but that Lebron (and even DWill in one image) is wearing the HD 2012 with an Air Max (possibly Air Max with internal Zoom Air?) tooling. I'm willing to bet that those alleged Elite IX samples were actually samples for the HD 2012 with the new tooling, and never actually meant to be the Lebron IX Elite. They are far too similar to the upcoming HD to be anything else, and I don't think Nike would spoil the new exposed Flywire tech by revealing it in the NBA playoffs rather than at the Olympics (which they used as a platform for Flywire and Lunar Foam back in 2008).

Also, has anyone mentioned that the Lebron IX Elite reminds them of a Huarache? I kinda dig it, but at the same time they're not my cup of tea. Nice detail though, and I'm sure they'll look sharp on court.

Yep, first thing I thought of were Huaraches

Only thing I don't like about the elites...and it's minor... is the cut off Nike check. I feel like they should have made it small enough to place the whole check in the space provided.

^ i noticed that too. they shoulda just put the end of it on there even if it did overlap onto the white portion...

i just like things to flow. a chopped swoosh looks forced...

trolling? I don't see anything and I just called and they said there was no restock.... 
eastbay has been really different with restocks lately. they dont put them on the site. i think they post it on their twitter page and/or email the elite members.

notice the question marks... people usually those when they aren't sure about something (which is why I used them) I know ppl like to troll sometimes as a joke, ain't nobody mad... I was just seeing. 

Second, I never said dude was wrong--- just saying I called and checked the site and the guy informed me there was no restock. But I'm guessing you called today and you were able to verify there was a restock?  I didn't have the style number so there was nothing to give them.  I'm not on twitter nor am I an elite member.  

Got dang I swear some of ya'll need to chill out with this tough guy bit and calm down sometime --- everybody AIN'T tryna be a douche, some us actually just want answers to questions or more info.  

Claim innocent but say someone is trolling. Right.

THANKS bigj505

TO MY FELLOW TROLLING MEMBER IT DOESN'T HURT TO GAIN CONNECTS..IT'S COMMENTS LIKE THAT, THAT MAKE PPL STOP POSTING USEFUL INFO IN HERE AND EXTORT RESOURCES FOR THEIR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN.

IF ANY ONE'S LOOKING FOR THE SKU'S
Spoiler [+]

ALL STAR RESTOCK by bigsupa507, on Flickr

THE LEBRON SKU IS 72664800

Back
Top Bottom