Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

ELITES are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

unfortunately 250 is crazy for me, love the tongue wish that was on the original 9s wouldve made the shoe that much better 

Aways>Homes

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

The elites look like the artist's concept brought to life and not a watered down retail version.  From paper to retail with no filter.  Amazing detail. Work of art.  Just....wow.

JP did it again.
QFT!

I want the South Beach 9 Elites to be last pair of Lebrons 9's but I'm still feeling the Big Bang 9's and the SLH is growing on me now too 
30t6p3b.gif
but that's what happens when you have a greatly designed shoe it's hard to turn away from it, but I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I just hope the Lebron 9 Elites fit a little more comfortably with all of that extra padding then the Lebron 9s

The elites look like the artist's concept brought to life and not a watered down retail version.  From paper to retail with no filter.  Amazing detail. Work of art.  Just....wow.

JP did it again.
Its not even surprsing anymore, this is JP we are taolking about here!

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

At first I liked the Away more....but now I like the Home more. Both are very nice though. So do we assume that these fit the same way as the regular 9s (half size up)?

This, the Home's seem to be "worth" $250

I just wish the part around his signature on the tongue was black

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

Glad I didn't get the mangos. I liked them when the pictures first surfaced, but after seeing them in person I'm glad I settled for the swingmans.

This

I probably would've bought the away elites if they had a speckled midsole or some minute detail that wasn't just blackout with a gold swoosh. The shoe is amazing though and I'm pretty sure I'm copping the "Taxi" and "Teal" colorways and I haven't even seen them. Just because I know they aren't going to be vanilla like the home and away colorways.

I predict pandemonium when the "Teal" colorway pictures surface. Remember guys, %+$@ Away, 5/12 Home and Taxi, 6/2 Teal. I have a feeling the Home colorway will sit if the Taxi colorway is hot, since they drop on the same day.

Ugh, I hate how they bleep out the numerical date of April 20th. Just to clarify, Away colorway drops April 20th, same day as the Kobe elite Away colorway.

JP did it again.

JP hacked your account?
laugh.gif

The Elites are a carbon copy of the original design of the IX imo, you can see the influences from the 8 PS on there as well. You can still see traces of the clover stability wing. It's just replaced with the vent window and reinforced carbon fiber plate. Changed a few details here and there, cut off the tail of the swoosh and switched up the materials, but it's the same design elements. Fitment and cushioning is probably the same. What happened to the 360 air unit with the zoom bags? The transition of the 8 V/1 to the 8 PS was more thought out even though it wasn't well received.

Don't get me wrong, it's clean but I'm sure JP/Nike didn't want to change too much of the design like they did to the 8 and get mixed feelings towards them. Amazing is over the top. For $250, I expected more I guess.

Originally Posted by tyonenine

Well Well Well, this question has been on my mind for a while. I wan't opinions on how Lebron's signature shoe line measures up to Jordan's. I think that the lebron's can be successfully retroed in but theres alot of colorways and i think some don't need to be retroed. Its going to be interesting because people pass on the bred 9's now but maybe they will end up like the bred 11's. Honestly, i think his shoe line will go wherever lebron takes it. A couple of rings will boost it tremendously I think the lebron 4,7,8, and 9 can measure up to some of the jordans. I don't think lebron can ever have his "own brand" like jordan because he lacks a true logo (lion, dunkman, LJ with the crown). The nike logo is huge on lebron's and can't be taken off of shoes like jordans. PLEASE REPLY where you see the future of these shoes in terms of retroing, amount of signature shoes and the brand. I hope to start a good conversation fellow sneakerheads!
I think 10 yrs from now, Lebrons will be the new Jordans. Let bron get a couple rings under his belt, the shoe line will be unstopable

Elites are nice - like the homes and aways...that 250 price tag is gonna be hard to stomach though...might have to cop 1 just to see what theyre like regardless....

can you imagine if they have super-limited HoH versions how much the starting bids people will list them at will be???? crap.

I like the aways. However, if I was able to get my hands on a DS pair of the ever elusive South Beach's in my size that would be 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

is 140 a good price for vnds cannon 9s? with extra laces

dude that's BELOW retail--- I'd hop on that, depending on what their definition of 'vnds' means? 
laugh.gif
 If the sole doesn't look real dirty I'd hop on it asap.  

decided im gunna pass on the Playoff 12s n get elites...

the IXs might be the sexiest best quality hoop shoe of all time... elites may be epic

They can haz my monies...

step ur game up JB

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

tyonenine wrote:

Well Well Well, this question has been on my mind for a while. I wan't opinions on how Lebron's signature shoe line measures up to Jordan's. I think that the lebron's can be successfully retroed in but theres alot of colorways and i think some don't need to be retroed. Its going to be interesting because people pass on the bred 9's now but maybe they will end up like the bred 11's. Honestly, i think his shoe line will go wherever lebron takes it. A couple of rings will boost it tremendously I think the lebron 4,7,8, and 9 can measure up to some of the jordans. I don't think lebron can ever have his "own brand" like jordan because he lacks a true logo (lion, dunkman, LJ with the crown). The nike logo is huge on lebron's and can't be taken off of shoes like jordans. PLEASE REPLY where you see the future of these shoes in terms of retroing, amount of signature shoes and the brand. I hope to start a good conversation fellow sneakerheads!
I think 10 yrs from now, Lebrons will be the new Jordans. Let bron get a couple rings under his belt, the shoe line will be unstopable

i think 5 years from now, if not sooner, Lebrons should be retroed and will be the next "it" sneaker from Nike.

But I dont want to think what the prices would be.

And with what Nike is paying Lebron, he will have his own version of Jordan Brand.

All the photoshopped takes on the upcoming colorway are easy passes for me.

All that grey is not a good look but I think it's just mostly a problem with the color blocking.

Hope Nike cooks up something nice.

Roaming the stores just to get a look @ the swingmans
(in the flint, MI area)

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

tyonenine wrote:

i think 5 years from now, if not sooner, Lebrons should be retroed and will be the next "it" sneaker from Nike.

But I dont want to think what the prices would be.

And with what Nike is paying Lebron, he will have his own version of Jordan Brand.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.

People are still not going out and buying Lebrons in groves like Jordans. It's a small following, a small Market for Lebrons. Nike would have to release multiple pairs of SB like Lebrons every year to even garner any 'Jordan' like attention. Also lets be honest, Lebron have only sold well because of the 'limited' tag. If all his shoes were dubbed GRs, they would sit or be easy attainable. 

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Lebrons are only popular in certains parts of the country, IE: Ohio, Miami, maybe smaller places in Chi, NY, FL etc. I'm in LA, I rarely see anybody wear Lebrons, RARELY. Out here you either rock Jordans or Kobes on court, period. In the OC, it's the same, Kobe or Jordans. When I got to Vegas, it's all Jordans. I even have people shocked to see me in my Lebrons. When I go to the gym, people laugh (mostly my boys) only cuz Lebrons aint worth wearing, @%*$% aint %@%@ they say. A lot of dudes at the gym rock nothing but Kobes, Jordan and D.Rose too. 

Lebron has a looooong time, (prob Lebron 15, 16 or higher) before he can even catch Jordan status, and even than, he's gotta win rings, MULTIPLE.

10 years from now you think if Nike released a Swingman or Dunkman Retro people will go nuts? Those shoes are STILL sitting in some stores right now. No Lebrons (unless its an SB like colorway or value) is gonna touch Cement IVs, Black IVs, Grapes, Concords, Bred XIs, Playoffs, CG XI or IVs and the list goes on. While most of you Lebron fans won't agree with me, it's not rocket science to see most people are still not on the Lebron 9 bandwagon, or even Lebrons bandwagon for that matter.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by s0ldOut

very disappointed with elites. was expecting these. what happened?
im glad that im not the only one that wanted to try these out, or something with the same tech.

Not even understanding how they got from those to the elites but I heard the X will incoporate some of the proto's tech into it(exposed flywire). Was looking foward to them too.

You know these sure do look a lot like the 2012 Hyperdunks, at least thats what came to mind for me.  Then again also the thought of these are really the samples for the LBJ 10, after JP said it would be something special.  Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom