Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

And all of this Lebron has to win MULTIPLE rings for his shoes to be succesful is crazy. For his career yes he has to win multiples but arguably two of nikes best selling shoes out right now are Ken Griffey retro shoes and Penny Hardaway retro sneakers. Neither player won a ring in their respective sports but that's not stopping people from buying their shoes. Barkley's are selling good but no rings. Shoes and career are very different. People have shown they'll buy what looks good if they aren't a fan and fans have shown they'll buy whatever even if it's ugly if they are a fan.
Exactly. At the end of the day, shoes have to look very nice to be considered great, regardless of how the player does.
QFT

Elite's ain't selling out at that price tag. No matter if the quality is top notch. And with the XII's on the horizon, the chances of them selling out are even slimmer.

Nonetheless, I'll get a pair via discount.

Originally Posted by CRH1979

I've been looking for some stuff with a color like the DMs have, hard to find.

dark grey/charcoal/, black, or white T.... keep it simple. No need to match perfectly.

And that windy city fitted
sick.gif
sorry, but I really dont like those in any colorway... do you though, just my opinion.

Originally Posted by bigj505

I honestly wonder if the lebron line will get to the point where it doesnt have a Nike logo. That would be the first sign that lebrons have grown enough to become their own brand.

I think that they are very close to becoming their own brand, but Lebron's without the Nike sign would be just weird to see just for the simple fact that the logo is so evident on a lot of his sneakers

This is how it plays out:
we'll say JT (made up) is on the fence about copping elites and resigns himself to the fact that "OF COURSE" the shoe will hit discount or just sit. Release date comes and hungry packs of resellers ready to feed on the pockets of consumers devour what they can. Logic dictates that somewhere in the country a couple pair sit around "post" RD. JT hits up his favorite site and with every new post comes either the "they'll sit cuz they not hot" or "look at me now" pics of people flossin their drops. This goes on for a week and slowly but surely JT grows to like the elite more and more till he eventually looks for said shoe. Only to find that available stock has been grabbed up and fleabay prices skyrocket. Sadly this has or is happening as we speak, think MN's,SM,DM,Mangos,XMAS etc. etc. And the shoe doesn't necessarily need to be limited! be on the lookout for RD buy/sell forum post
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I honestly wonder if the lebron line will get to the point where it doesnt have a Nike logo. That would be the first sign that lebrons have grown enough to become their own brand.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by Uptempo81

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

Mangos > Swingmans

Hell No.
Fixed
I used to think the Mangoes were way better too, even after seeing them in the store. 
But the Swingman's look waaaay better on people's feet.
pimp.gif
Especially in the daytime, the blue is like nothing I ever seen on a shoe.  

Originally Posted by fsunole19

You guys think there will be a swoosh discount for the elites?

Not sure yet but that will be the only way I'll be copping either color

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

I think that they are very close to becoming their own brand, but Lebron's without the Nike sign would be just weird to see just for the simple fact that the logo is so evident on a lot of his sneakers

Can't see them becoming their own line, when they can't even decide what logo they want to use.

Are they going to use a signature, lion, crown or dunkman?

IHeartBoost wrote:  Kobes will be the next 'Jordans' before Lebron, because Kobe is more iconic. He has won rings, and MVP, ASG MVP's etc. He has the stats to be up there with Jordan, and his following is bigger than Lebrons. Kobe is more worldwide, has a bigger market in China too.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom