Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by bigj505

I honestly wonder if the lebron line will get to the point where it doesnt have a Nike logo. That would be the first sign that lebrons have grown enough to become their own brand.

I think that they are very close to becoming their own brand, but Lebron's without the Nike sign would be just weird to see just for the simple fact that the logo is so evident on a lot of his sneakers

Can't see them becoming their own line, when they can't even decide what logo they want to use.

Are they going to use a signature, lion, crown or dunkman?
That too but knowing Lebron or whoever he may hire to decide wether his line is his own or not he might use all three.
But I think that jordan was a once in a lifetime deal no one else with make their own brand like JB, but Im pretty sure the Lebron line is doing just fine with Nike

Lebrons on swoosh have also been discounted?

nerd.gif

I think that they are very close to becoming their own brand, but Lebron's without the Nike sign would be just weird to see just for the simple fact that the logo is so evident on a lot of his sneakers

Can't see them becoming their own line, when they can't even decide what logo they want to use.

That too but knowing Lebron or whoever he may hire to decide wether his line is his own or not he might use all three.
But I think that jordan was a once in a lifetime deal no one else with make their own brand like JB, but Im pretty sure the Lebron line is doing just fine with Nike
^ this PLUS.......JP is no tinker hatfield

In no way shape, form or fashion will any of these touch jb status (partially bias @80's baby) I just don't see enuff heat. Personally I owned the IIs, IIIs and took a hiatus from the man on the moon collection. Thus the IXs are really refreshing but i'll give lebron 4 outta 9. Jb was 8 of 9 with 3 rings with the only blemish being the IIs and kobe can't enter this conversation haha but to each it's own

Originally Posted by verbatim2d

Too soon to judge. Every designer grows and Lebrons have been great for a little while now.

Still has ways to go though.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by verbatim2d

Too soon to judge. Every designer grows and Lebrons have been great for a little while now.

Still has ways to go though.
I'll give him that but do you really see someone dropping a shoe with the wordly appeal that exist even to today of the XI's
smokin.gif
? Do you honestly see movies with scenes engrained in a whole generations mind like the IV's in Do the Right Thing? Only time will tell but at least he is on the right path
wink.gif

at the end of the day, its gonna be about what did he do in the shoes... althought it is a combo of design of the shoe along with lebrons performance in it....if he finally wins this year, the IX WILL be a shoe to have for years to come, mark my words

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

at the end of the day, its gonna be about what did he do in the shoes... althought it is a combo of design of the shoe along with lebrons performance in it....if he finally wins this year, the IX WILL be a shoe to have for years to come, mark my words

No it won't, because anyway you cut it, he went to Miami.

Does anyone think more of the Kobe kicks he won rings with?

Mike is the only one who has playoffs, last shots...every other sneaker line has been a clone. Mike has memories attached to his sneakers. He didn't have to release a playoff line. You knew in June what he was going to do, June was his. With Lebron, you hope. Everything Mike did was authentic and natural, because he was the original. Everything after has been a clone, a copy.

The only ones who would say Lebron's or Kobe's lines would come anywhere close or mean as much as Jordan's are people not old enough to remember the impact Jordan had on the entire basketball and sneaker culture. Jordan was Rakim, Lebron's A$ap Rocky.

Originally Posted by Carolina Finest

In no way shape, form or fashion will any of these touch jb status (partially bias @80's baby) I just don't see enuff heat. Personally I owned the IIs, IIIs and took a hiatus from the man on the moon collection. Thus the IXs are really refreshing but i'll give lebron 4 outta 9. Jb was 8 of 9 with 3 rings with the only blemish being the IIs and kobe can't enter this conversation haha but to each it's own

good point man. I skipped all of LJ's shoes except I was able to own a 3 and I hated how I needed to replace the laces coz they kept snapping on me. Just got back with the IX and so far own a few colorways that I like.

%#$ why do I get redirected to a rap site when I try to quote something. smh...

anyway, I share your sentiments @ Magic1978! I loved MJ's shoes because I grew up watching him play and like what they say, everybody wanted to be like Mike. It seems with the newer lebron line, or some sneakers in general, a lot of people buy them or build the hype for them because they see pics of their celebrities wearing them.

and to add to the discussion, the most loved J's, at least for me, OG's or retroes are also the actual colorways he wore on the court.... some if not a lot of the Lebron colorways didn't get popular because he wore them, but because somebody else did. IMO.

that $250 tag for elites is gonna kill me.. idk if i really wanna drop that much for some shoes. I may just cop Freegums instead or some new Griffeys and save money. as the release date gets closer tho i may change my mind and just cop them
ohwell.gif

Mike is the only one who has playoffs, last shots...every other sneaker line has been a clone. Mike has memories attached to his sneakers. He didn't have to release a playoff line. You knew in June what he was going to do, June was his. With Lebron, you hope. Everything Mike did was authentic and natural, because he was the original. Everything after has been a clone, a copy.

The only ones who would say Lebron's or Kobe's lines would come anywhere close or mean as much as Jordan's are people not old enough to remember the impact Jordan had on the entire basketball and sneaker culture. Jordan was Rakim, Lebron's A$ap Rocky.
that whole post >>>
but that last line though is quoted for truth.

any sites have freegums or canes for less than retail? After copping the majority of the "fancy" colorways, I'm ready for the gums and canes.

Any help is appreciated. I'll cop at retail if I have to.

most of what you are saying is true.. trust me im at 83 baby so i know allabout jordan, but the thing is that a generation from now, adults and kids will be talking about lebron and what he did IF he wins... we are currently in the era of adults having watched mj as a kid and the up and coming kids who are following him bc he is a legend, however the are also buying kds and lebrons... i know i never bought any pippens etc, but i did buy pennys. Kinda rambling, but my point is that IF he wins, IMO Lebrons shoes WILL take over, bc within 10 years MJs  status will mean less IF Lebron Wins and Wins multiples, and trust me I am the BIGGEST MJ fan ever, so its hard to say, but i believe it to be true.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Elite's ain't selling out at that price tag. No matter if the quality is top notch. And with the XII's on the horizon, the chances of them selling out are even slimmer.

Nonetheless, I'll get a pair via discount.
How sure are you about that?

Back
Top Bottom