Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y release a limited cw in couple of states only? Anywho no surprise here ... didnt they drop the mvp pack 9 only in mia?
While they made lot of money statewide.... we keep supporting a brand that clearly dont give a damn... oh well

They are going to drop the first release as a limited release to get the hype rolling (more), then drop a bunch of GR's a la Lebron 9 with the china followed by kentucky, miami night, etc. Then people are going to be more inclined to purchase them because they are afraid of the shoe selling out on them. Marketing! They can careless about making money off of one shoe, they want to make a lot of money off of a lot of different shoes!

LOL the curse of the internet generation.

Cats act like they spitting knowledge about Jordan designs like tinker told it in their ear.

What nike is doing w these lebrons is the same damb thing in regards to inspirations.

FOH

Last edited:
So that's where the gold is on the Crown Jewels.
laugh.gif

Saw these pics of the kids version Black/Chrome-University Red - Grey LeBron Xs on nikelebron.net
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]From Nike LeBron X…[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]

Not bad.

I wonder if these are the Away+ version jmadidas was talking about?
[/td][/tr][/table]

People don't care to hear the story, inspirations for the X. They want to know how much yambs they can get, how many necks can be broken, what colored shirt, fitted will go with the shoes :lol:

:lol:

I'll totally give you that one sir...new age, new ways of marketing, and a whole new crowd of young thundercats to to cater to. It is what it is, I see it all the time with my girlfriends kids (20 at Cornell University, and 2 in high school) Just different mentalities...about EVERYTHING lol. The best I can do is give her little man (15yrs old) who's a sneaker head now, a little history lesson every so often and try to keep him from some of the hypebeast shenanigans! 8)

Word.

WHERE ARE MORE PICTURES OF THE FIREBERRY'S? It's kind of annoying that they release Saturday and that there aren't more pictures of them.

Here's where Nike and/or retailers messed up on the release. There's no real photos or info on those Crown Jewel shoes aside from what we posted on CounterKicks late last night:

http://counterkicks.com/2012/09/exclusive-the-royal-story-behind-the-nike-lebron-x-crown-jewel/

Only a couple photos made it out in the last few weeks, it's the expensive $270 pack, the colorway isn't as hype at the jump like a SB would be. Crown Jewel is very limited produced product though, so maybe there wasn't even as much chance for these to leak out in full as other styles have. The shoe comes in special custom packaging you'll only find on this edition. Will prob be more valuable later too. This is an example where you can see all the unplanned leaks and early spy looks actually help Nike market and advertise their product for free. They probably hate not having the control over what and when info goes out, but everyone gets hyped up for weeks or months and sells right into the shoe. I don't think the vocal posts in here will reflect sales on this style though. Can't imagine they sit long, or at all, with how many pairs made.

Updated the first page with the new pics of the Crown Jewels and all of the release info known about the shoe thus far.

So that's where the gold is on the Crown Jewels.
laugh.gif

Saw these pics of the kids version Black/Chrome-University Red - Grey LeBron Xs on nikelebron.net
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]From Nike LeBron X…[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]

Not bad.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Yeah these black joints are actually nice.

i want to see the cutting jades in mens sizes already. not just the gs size. seems like the gs pairs this year is going to be really fat and bulky. the lacing on them looks so bad because there isnt enough lace holes as the mens. maybe in person and on feet it will look better. on a girls feel i mean..

So that's where the gold is on the Crown Jewels. :lol:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]From Nike LeBron X…[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

Not bad.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Although i like the black base of this bred but the all red midsole doesn't sit well with me. Top portion should be black and the lower half of the midsole red. A white midsole on a bred would be different. Man i'm probably one of the toughest critic. I hope the options on NikeiD is good so i can build to my own specifications.

So that's where the gold is on the Crown Jewels. :lol:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]From Nike LeBron X…[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

Not bad.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Nope Away + has jeweled swoosh

the shoe in the pic is a GS model that's why there is no jeweled swoosh. I think these are the aways nike+ version

Only Crown Jewel X has that custom box as I've mentioned in previous posts. USAs had their own variation. Rest of + CWs I believe are same or similar though, nothing like this release.

Nope Away + has jeweled swoosh
Those are the kids version in those pics, and I doubt they'd have the jeweled swoosh.

Won't know for sure until we see pics of the adult version.

I'll admit the packaging for the Crown Jewels is dope.

Therein lies the problem my good man - we don't know what influenced the DESIGN of the shoe, but we damn sure as hell are being told what is influencing the colourways. This shoe is a retooled/reimagined/rehashed 'Bron VIII V2/PS but they won't explicitly say that so the marketing and story-telling department has free reign to create a backstory for these joints.
Dc30 brought up a good point about the Jordan V DESIGN being influenced by the WWII 'Spitfire' fighter plane, but what really is the inspiration for these?

My gripe with their marketing isn't that they are/aren't sharing info on the design or color inspirations, it's that they're forcing it so much, like it HAS to matter. Usually when they give backstories it's in some interview... this time it's like BAM, we're gonna reveal this random story like it's a major feature of the shoe you're buying.

I get it's just talk, I don't have to read the articles, etc etc. But it's starting to irk me that they put out a normal Hyperdunk looking shoe and expect people to view it as "special" after hearing the stories. The design is what should make people view it as "special."

Don't get me wrong I like the Lebron X overall, but I am turned off by the marketing tactics now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom