Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes already are ready to pay 500 for the corks:smh: I don't like the word hypebeast but it's a problem when we only have seen pics and dudes are already *cue the fry shut up and take my money gif*

Are we not all mature enough to say people should and do buy what they like and want and that should be enough to justify a purchase? Can we not just leave it at that and move on lol...?!

Interested to see if they release an actual Leather Upper pair since they mentioned the Cork being one of a few Lebron X NSW releases.

Most of us logical folks aren't bickering back and forth or calling anybody a HB, atleast I'm not. What I am hoping to do is help my fellow consumers see through Nike's okie doke that hurts the consumer as a whole. I don't want anybody to feel like they cant like what they like, thats absolutely fine but when this blind jump happens with products that use to be normal becoming suddenly "Premium" just because Nike stopped producing them for a while then decided to do it again it truly sets a bad precedent across the board and ultimately damages our pockets. All I'm saying is lets be smart as a group of buyers, Nike counts on us being vigilant individuals because if we were organized they couldn't pull of the selling schemes they do.

Last edited:
I never understood why people get so angry over differing opinions on here... Its funny to see people go to extreme lengths to defend a product they had no hand in making. It is equally funny for people to bash others over their preferences..

Whatever though, I hope all of the hype over the Corks makes the XMAS brons a breeze. :D

I never understood why people get so angry over differing opinions on here... Its funny to see people go to extreme lengths to defend a product they had no hand in making. 
Nike employees, and wannabe employees.

They know Nike is watching, then may want to reward them for their loyalty. I had one guy come at me, one who thought that I worked for Adidas, beggin' me to hook him up.

Wow, so many angry people in here lol. Hypebeast this and hypebeast that, you know you own at least 1 pair of shoes that someone else might call you a hypebeast for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but judgment is something completely different. I like the corks because they look nice to ME. if Nike makes them limited and places a premium on the tag that's their marketing, and a damn good one at that. REMEMBER they are a BUSINESS, not a charity, it makes great business sense. If you don't like their strategy then simple, PASS on buying them. No one is making you buy these. Again, props to you if you like the shoe either to wear or collect, that's your prerogative.

I AM EXCITED OVER THE HYPE FOR THE CORKS.

:rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes watching from the sidelines is amusing.

I do however like the Corks. It's something different, but as far the "premium" moniker goes, or NRG, or whatever the hell Nike wants to call it...almost as corny as all the "Jewel" stories for the X's so far. But don't get me wrong, I like this shoe and have been buying various Bron's since the IV.

Nike is pushing the limits we all said they would be testing last year with the price tag of the Elites and the Nike+ line as well. Aside from materials or whatever anybody wants to bring up, the bottom line is we as the consumer can choose to purchase however we like, be it HB's, OG sneakerheads, or whatever the hell we want to call each other at this point...but even if we (NT) as a whole decided boycott, there are plenty of others out there that will buy these shoes...or else NONE of the Nike price increase stuff would be going on.

Leather isn't "premium", it used to be the norm...(even if I like certain shoes with 'Fuse) but since we've gotten so far from that it seems, it's hard to go backwards.

If you like it...buy it. If you don't...nobody holding a gun to your head to purchase. You wanna cop to flip or get something you missed out on?? Do it! Whatever blows your hair back...but the reality is the Nike retail juggernaut is going to keep on rolling, and rolling hard, so we either accept it, to whatever degree you want, or just get out of the way and let others do what they will... :nerd:

Last edited:
I AM EXCITED OVER THE HYPE FOR THE CORKS.

:rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes watching from the sidelines is amusing.

I do however like the Corks. It's something different, but as far the "premium" moniker goes, or NRG, or whatever the hell Nike wants to call it...almost as corny as all the "Jewel" stories for the X's so far. But don't get me wrong, I like this shoe and have been buying various Bron's since the IV.

Nike is pushing the limits we all said they would be testing last year with the price tag of the Elites and the Nike+ line as well. Aside from materials or whatever anybody wants to bring up, the bottom line is we as the consumer can choose to purchase however we like, be it HB's, OG sneakerheads, or whatever the hell we want to call each other at this point...but even if we (NT) as a whole decided boycott, there are plenty of others out there that will buy these shoes...or else NONE of the Nike price increase stuff would be going on.

Leather isn't "premium", it used to be the norm...(even if I like certain shoes with 'Fuse) but since we've gotten so far from that it seems, it's hard to go backwards.

If you like it...buy it. If you don't...nobody holding a gun to your head to purchase. You wanna cop to flip or get something you missed out on?? Do it! Whatever blows your hair back...but the reality is the Nike retail juggernaut is going to keep on rolling, and rolling hard, so we either accept it, to whatever degree you want, or just get out of the way and let others do what they will... :nerd:

Last edited:
I wonder if these Corks will come with a disclaimer. I think that we all know that cork, when it dries out begins to crack and crumble, and then is not durable at all. Cork has been used in dress shoes for over a century, but used as cushioning and then supportive mechanism in dress shoes made by Alden and Allen Edmonds, but not being exposed to the elements as are the uppers.

It'd be interesting to find out what was used, if anything, in order to improve the durability and functionality of this material.

Last edited:
Interested to see if they release an actual Leather Upper pair since they mentioned the Cork being one of a few Lebron X NSW releases.

Most of us logical folks aren't bickering back and forth or calling anybody a HB, atleast I'm not. What I am hoping to do is help my fellow consumers see through Nike's okie doke that hurts the consumer as a whole. I don't want anybody to feel like they cant like what they like, thats absolutely fine but when this blind jump happens with products that use to be normal becoming suddenly "Premium" just because Nike stopped producing them for a while then decided to do it again it truly sets a bad precedent across the board and ultimately damages our pockets. All I'm saying is lets be smart as a group of buyers, Nike counts on us being vigilant individuals because if we were organized they couldn't pull of the selling schemes they do.

Maybe they're referring to the clothing (destroyer jacket, sweaters, etc) with the X badging? I doubt they'll release another pair of "premium" X. I wouldn't be surprised if they did though since they're gonna fly off the shelves.

Vigilant individuals? ha It's every man for themselves nowadays (very rare to see ppl help out anymore). You got ppl not interested in the corks but they would get them to feed the "HB" pretty much tells you that's thrown out the door. It is what it is though.

Where's the logic, we used to have standards. 500 on some corks, Com On Man!. You all obsess over shoes like females. LOL and why not, looking at those corks, they're a fashion statement girlfriend.

Damn the Cork caused some major controversy :lol: . If you like the Cork you're a hypebeast? Mind we have dudes on here who think anything LeBron releases is hot but they aren't hypebeast right? We have cats who already have every X released so for and have made about 10 ID's :lol:  but they aren't hypebeast? It's just the people that like the Cork because it's "limited". I'm seeing people that bought the booger green Jade calling the Cork horrible and I find that hilarious. Man to each their own though.

**REPPED**

t poor people really thinking the leather Nike and Adidas use is premium. C'mon guys. You really think they're going to use real premium quality leather????

i feel like Nike is gonna release the corks in only like 5 cities.. and of course do that raffle BS again.. just my prediction

Last edited:
Nike is going to hold a lottery so you can have the privilege to spend your hard earned money on these. Nope, I'm good.

I took myself out the Cork sweepstakes the day the pics were posted knowing the price was out of my comfort zone. I really like them too. All i can do with this release is...
scarjo_popcorn.gif

I can't wait until my iD comes so i know if I wanna order another pair with the money saved from the Corks. >D

Last edited:
Where's the logic, we used to have standards. 500 on some corks, Com On Man!. You all obsess over shoes like females. LOL and why not, looking at those corks, they're a fashion statement girlfriend.
They say Diamonds are a girls best friend but now even Kings do girlie ish like collect Diamonds LOL. It's just a sign of the times.

copped preme wallys today.

might cop some cloaks this saturday.

unless those red elites come my way

I am done with lebrons, leave the chasing and lining up to the kids.

I have no information on distribution of these...however...I would assume these are going to be EXTREMELY limited...and 99.9% of the people arguing about them won't be able to get them...

JM
Basically everybody hyped on these... put a cork in it, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom