Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I read these comments. You would've thought the Bred colorway is a yearly sellout instead of a guaranteed outlet shoe by the way most are complaining about the X. :D

It's funny...think of how many breds are produced versus say a South Beach colorway. Several THOUSAND more? People love black and red colorways, and I'm sure a big portion of us that play basketball buy the colorway every single year. I know I do.

Many will be disappointed with this garbage color blocking, but I think there's a chance this might not be THE bred.

Looks like the olys are the only ones with the nike+ on bottom=$315

There's a reason why bred colorways don't fly off the shelf though. As was said above they're produced in much higher quantities compared to the brighter quickstrike type CW's. Many people realize this and wait to pick them up when they inevitably go on sale. Also when it comes to people on here, most that have been purchasing shoes long enough have more than enough black/red shoes so they're not necessarily jumping through hoops to go grab them on day 1. Just because you can find breds or other GR's at the store months later doesn't mean people don't want them. There's a reason why the same 5 GR colorways drop every year.

I agree with what was said back there that the breds seen today aren't the official first GR. (Similar to the crimson 3's and 4's) I'd assume it would be something similar to the fakes that surfaced last week seeing that they've been relatively accurate thus far.

Last edited:
Is Nike playing us as fools? A quick PS here, with a normally situated swoosh, and a vent piece added in the heel, and it comes across as almost a brother of the 8s. Like a V3 of the 8 or 9s... Yet here, its actually supposed to be a new model, at a higher price point

It is absolutely amazing what a backwards swoosh costs to produce, and how it can change the look of a shoe.

I'm not seeing much in evolution terms. There is definitely some cues from prior models. But it feels like a plateau instead of an upade. You expect an upgrade with that new price point. Maybe it's in the cushioning.

Wow this is some truth right here. Doesn't look like a new model at all.

the reverse check is actually more appealing
and its only backwards on the left shoe ..... its not worth complaining about

dudes complaining about the swoosh being backwards but isn't it like that on older versions of the jordan 11? then it's praised :rolleyes

the jumpman that is

Last edited:
Said it once and I'll say it again... These in leather would be just straight nasty. Robocop for days had they done that. Instead, we got this plastic crap. If you're gonna do some kind of plastic material, then at least include some padding on the inside like the 8 v2... the 9's toes felt like steel toe boots. :smh:

dudes complaining about the swoosh being backwards but isn't it like that on older versions of the jordan 11? then it's praised :rolleyes
the jumpman that is
Your point is valid but I think it's because the Jumpman was a more subtle part of the aesthetics compared to the large swoosh. I'm of the opinion that the reverse swoosh throws off the overall look of the shoe.

WHAT TF ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT??

I remember when those PE dropped, people were like "If only those were dropping"
"Nike's gonna screw us by not dropping those"

and many more BS.

NOW, they're dropping a pair that looks similar to that in color scheme without the white and
all ya'll are "wish they released with a white midsole"

IF they released with the white midsole people are gonna be like

"they been used since the Jordan XI, no creativity? cmon Nike"

I swear people complain JUST to complain.
it's seriously annoying.

do you really want Nike to release the same color blocking as the Jordan XI which released 16 years ago?
people will surely complain about creativity and thinking out of the box.

imagine if you had the same colorblocking breds from the VII - X. that's 4 different shoes with
recycled themes and colorblocking. cmon now people.

We gotta be comfortable to think outside the box, it's ok if you don't like it, no one's forcing you
but to suggest that Nike should use the lebron VIII V/1 bred as the standard blocking every year.
wow. just wow.

BUY ANOTHER COLORWAY. there should be at least 10 to drop.

:smh:

I never got a chance to pick up the IX colorways I wanted (I'm not big on paying over retail) so I'm looking forward to the X. The Mangos and Floridians look pretty nice. I'm liking the shoe. Not crazy about it, but it took me a while to warm up to the IX too.

the all star game is in houston this year
that logo on the back of the mango have anything to do with it ?????????????????????????????????????????
i still cant even tell what it is exactly
likin the mangos alot
breds not so much, LOVED the bred ix's though(with white laces of course)

THIS! That logo looks special and I feel like that orange is continuing the color scheme for the asg lebrons(the orange on the big bangs) like how they flip the south beach color scheme on the 8s and 9s.(if you know what i'm talking about)

I'll be damn if Nike makes me pay $315 for the Gold Medals

But I know someone here will pay that, my only advice is that you provide the KY Jelly and condoms because Nike obviously isn't . . .

I want the gold medals just off the lion head lace lock :\

I havent bought a pair of white shoes in years either :smh:

damn the color blocking on the black/red X's is horrendous.

I remember when those PE dropped, people were like "If only those were dropping"
and many more BS.
NOW, they're dropping a pair that looks similar to that in color scheme without the white and

it's seriously annoying.
do you really want Nike to release the same color blocking as the Jordan XI which released 16 years ago?
imagine if you had the same colorblocking breds from the VII - X. that's 4 different shoes with
recycled themes and colorblocking. 
I was wondering if ANYONE was going to bring this up lol.  It cracks me up. 

If THE shown Black/Red was called a Bron PE only to be worn in 20 games this season but released as a GR it would be a Marketing gimmick that would sell. 

If the SAME shoe was said to have a special iconic logo on it released as a GR it would sell.   If Nike only lets EVERY retailer have ONE size run of this same shoe.. not making it a limited release but a limited GR as people have made up over the years.. it would sell. 

There will always be something to complain over when it comes to color blocking.. BUT remember when the every day consumer who walks in the store and sees these at eye level and ISN'T spoiled by pre released pics and jaded by PE's they will think OOOO WEEEEEEEE man. 

As stated above Every Jordan wasn't color blocked the same neither was every Bron.. in Black Red or Dunkman.. its to give each shoe its own look. 

If THE shown Black/Red was called a Bron PE only to be worn in 20 games this season but released as a GR it would be a Marketing gimmick that would sell. 

If the SAME shoe was said to have a special iconic logo on it released as a GR it would sell.   If Nike only lets EVERY retailer have ONE size run of this same shoe.. not making it a limited release but a limited GR as people have made up over the years.. it would sell. 

There will always be something to complain over when it comes to color blocking.. BUT remember when the every day consumer who walks in the store and sees these at eye level and ISN'T spoiled by pre released pics and jaded by PE's they will think OOOO WEEEEEEEE man. 

As stated above Every Jordan wasn't color blocked the same neither was every Bron.. in Black Red or Dunkman.. its to give each shoe its own look. 
I see we got some wise people in this thread whose been through the nike marketing "hoops of fire" throughout the years. I personally like the bred colorway. Switches things up a little bit. But i have a feeling we all are going to get "fondled" by nike by succumbing to that $315 price tag whether we like it or not. I cant see a fire, limited, LBJX colorway with a lion lacelock sitting on no damn shelves. 

AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!

what the hell how do you screw up the black/.red colorway??? looks like a colorway made on nba 2k11

and many more BS.
it's seriously annoying.
recycled themes and colorblocking. cmon now people.
We gotta be comfortable to think outside the box, it's ok if you don't like it, no one's forcing you
but to suggest that Nike should use the lebron VIII V/1 bred as the standard blocking every year.
wow. just wow.
BUY ANOTHER COLORWAY. there should be at least 10 to drop.
:smh:

EXACTLY. glad someone else in here is RATIONAL.

I haven't bought any LeBron shoe in YEARS and
I think this is the one that will get my wallet.
Coming from my perspective, I don't think having every
shoe color blocked the same way is good creatively. because
there will be no creativity. No ONE will buy the same shoe
over and over again. TRUST ME.

by the way, those black/red pictures that surfaced aren't GRs...
they're the XMAS editions. So I guess no one will be buying them
then?

:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom