Official Sacramento Kings Off-season Thread

bad play by reke... thats the difference between this year and last. defenses are going to focus on him. so he needs to learn when to make the right play (pass or shoot) in certain situations. Its so obvious that hes going straight to the hoop to put up something at the rim

but he will learn...hes only 21

bad play by reke... thats the difference between this year and last. defenses are going to focus on him. so he needs to learn when to make the right play (pass or shoot) in certain situations. Its so obvious that hes going straight to the hoop to put up something at the rim

but he will learn...hes only 21

Tough loss. Bad call on the Cousins ejection. But I wonder why Westphal didn't call a timeout to run a play. Unless the play is to set a screen for Reke and then he goes for a contested layup. Lol. Watching some of the vids posted in that Jason Williams thread, you see the old Kings have constant passing from PG to C. Truly miss that.

Tough loss. Bad call on the Cousins ejection. But I wonder why Westphal didn't call a timeout to run a play. Unless the play is to set a screen for Reke and then he goes for a contested layup. Lol. Watching some of the vids posted in that Jason Williams thread, you see the old Kings have constant passing from PG to C. Truly miss that.

Whats the news on the arena.......................................

I would never think Dalambert would be our leading scorer.

Cousins with 19/15

Evans with 16/10/9

Barea/Terry killed us unfortunately.

I'm really excited on hearing about the arena news though. Finally getting somewhere. Hopefully something works out.

I would never think Dalambert would be our leading scorer.

Cousins with 19/15

Evans with 16/10/9

Barea/Terry killed us unfortunately.

I'm really excited on hearing about the arena news though. Finally getting somewhere. Hopefully something works out.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Council chooses developer Taylor to analyze arena feasibility[/h1]

By Ryan Lillis
[email protected]

Published: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011 - 12:00 am| Page 1B

Last Modified: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011 - 1:15 pm

In 90 days, Sacramento City Hall is counting on having a clear idea about whether building a new sports arena in town is realistic.

The City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to spend the next three months working with downtown developer David Taylor and arena builder ICON Venue Group in analyzing the financial feasibility of building a new sports facility.

After that study is complete, city staff will conduct its own analysis and bring it back to the council. The financial feasibility study will be free for the city.

Taylor said his first task would be trying to meet with the Kings, a process he said he would start this morning. Team ownership has stopped speaking publicly about the arena process.

Mayor Kevin Johnson said, "it seems to me (the Kings) would sit down with them."

"I think we sent a very strong and resounding message to the NBA and the Kings today that it's a new day in Sacramento," the mayor said. "Give us a chance because I think we've got the right team. It's a vote of confidence for the Kings when they hear that council voted 9-0 and we selected this group."

Taylor is among the most successful developers in downtown Sacramento. His projects include the 25-story U.S. Bank Tower on Capitol Mall, the 500-room Sheraton Grand Hotel on J Street, the 23-story Esquire and Imax building on K Street and the new City Hall, where Tuesday's vote took place.

ICON, based in Colorado, has built more than two dozen arenas and stadiums around the world, including Denver's Pepsi Center and the Sprint Center in Kansas City.

A mayoral task force last month recommended the council work with the Taylor/ICON group. Johnson arranged for Taylor and ICON to join forces in December.

Taylor told the council Tuesday that this is a pivotal time for the city as it grapples with the issue. He said downtown would be the most beneficial site for an arena.

Tim Romani, the president and CEO of ICON, said that Arco Arena has become antiquated and that it was "no longer economically and culturally viable."

While stopping short of placing a cost estimate on a new arena, Romani told the council, "If you're planning on spending $600 million, we can build you two (arenas)."

Taylor has been the most vocal of the developers in his belief that the construction of a new arena would likely involve some form of public contribution. He said Tuesday he would prefer to look at public contributions that would not require a vote or new general tax, including public land donation and car rental taxes.

Councilman Steve Cohn said, "given the team (Taylor and ICON) had put together, we can get some straight answers."

"I'm pretty jaded on the subject, but I want some straight answers on what does it take in today's economy to put together an arena," he said.

Three other development teams submitted their qualifications to conduct an arena analysis.

They were:

• A team led by downtown businessman Ali Mackani and McClellan Park developer Larry Kelley. They proposed building an arena at the site of the current Downtown Plaza shopping center.

• A group headed up by developer Gerry Kamilos, who proposed redeveloping part of the Cal Expo state fair site and land surrounding Arco Arena to help pay for a new arena downtown.

• The Natomas ESC team, which proposed building a new arena next to Arco and developing the surrounding land into retail, housing and offices.

Assistant City Manager John Dangberg said that instead of agreeing to work with a developer on a specific arena plan, "the primary focus really should be on how a facility would finance given the economy."

[emoji]169[/emoji] Copyright The Sacramento Bee. All rights reserved.
preview

Call The Bee's Ryan Lillis, (916) 321-1085.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Council chooses developer Taylor to analyze arena feasibility[/h1]

By Ryan Lillis
[email protected]

Published: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011 - 12:00 am| Page 1B

Last Modified: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011 - 1:15 pm

In 90 days, Sacramento City Hall is counting on having a clear idea about whether building a new sports arena in town is realistic.

The City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to spend the next three months working with downtown developer David Taylor and arena builder ICON Venue Group in analyzing the financial feasibility of building a new sports facility.

After that study is complete, city staff will conduct its own analysis and bring it back to the council. The financial feasibility study will be free for the city.

Taylor said his first task would be trying to meet with the Kings, a process he said he would start this morning. Team ownership has stopped speaking publicly about the arena process.

Mayor Kevin Johnson said, "it seems to me (the Kings) would sit down with them."

"I think we sent a very strong and resounding message to the NBA and the Kings today that it's a new day in Sacramento," the mayor said. "Give us a chance because I think we've got the right team. It's a vote of confidence for the Kings when they hear that council voted 9-0 and we selected this group."

Taylor is among the most successful developers in downtown Sacramento. His projects include the 25-story U.S. Bank Tower on Capitol Mall, the 500-room Sheraton Grand Hotel on J Street, the 23-story Esquire and Imax building on K Street and the new City Hall, where Tuesday's vote took place.

ICON, based in Colorado, has built more than two dozen arenas and stadiums around the world, including Denver's Pepsi Center and the Sprint Center in Kansas City.

A mayoral task force last month recommended the council work with the Taylor/ICON group. Johnson arranged for Taylor and ICON to join forces in December.

Taylor told the council Tuesday that this is a pivotal time for the city as it grapples with the issue. He said downtown would be the most beneficial site for an arena.

Tim Romani, the president and CEO of ICON, said that Arco Arena has become antiquated and that it was "no longer economically and culturally viable."

While stopping short of placing a cost estimate on a new arena, Romani told the council, "If you're planning on spending $600 million, we can build you two (arenas)."

Taylor has been the most vocal of the developers in his belief that the construction of a new arena would likely involve some form of public contribution. He said Tuesday he would prefer to look at public contributions that would not require a vote or new general tax, including public land donation and car rental taxes.

Councilman Steve Cohn said, "given the team (Taylor and ICON) had put together, we can get some straight answers."

"I'm pretty jaded on the subject, but I want some straight answers on what does it take in today's economy to put together an arena," he said.

Three other development teams submitted their qualifications to conduct an arena analysis.

They were:

• A team led by downtown businessman Ali Mackani and McClellan Park developer Larry Kelley. They proposed building an arena at the site of the current Downtown Plaza shopping center.

• A group headed up by developer Gerry Kamilos, who proposed redeveloping part of the Cal Expo state fair site and land surrounding Arco Arena to help pay for a new arena downtown.

• The Natomas ESC team, which proposed building a new arena next to Arco and developing the surrounding land into retail, housing and offices.

Assistant City Manager John Dangberg said that instead of agreeing to work with a developer on a specific arena plan, "the primary focus really should be on how a facility would finance given the economy."

[emoji]169[/emoji] Copyright The Sacramento Bee. All rights reserved.
preview

Call The Bee's Ryan Lillis, (916) 321-1085.

Fantastic. 90 days? Isn't the deadline to petition for relocation in like March
laugh.gif
Maybe this will just force the Maloofs to hang around in Sac for one more season before applying for relocation
frown.gif

Fantastic. 90 days? Isn't the deadline to petition for relocation in like March
laugh.gif
Maybe this will just force the Maloofs to hang around in Sac for one more season before applying for relocation
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Same ++$ every season. Let me know when there is a pic on the front of the Bee with the Maloofs holding shovels.

QFT.  i've given up on the thought that a new arena will be built.
i'm gonna miss my kings
frown.gif

hopefully they at least stay in norcal

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Same ++$ every season. Let me know when there is a pic on the front of the Bee with the Maloofs holding shovels.

QFT.  i've given up on the thought that a new arena will be built.
i'm gonna miss my kings
frown.gif

hopefully they at least stay in norcal

It just seems hopeless now. I have pretty much come to expect the Maloofs to announce that they Kings are moving
laugh.gif
If they don't that would be great. But at this point, it is what it is and I'm prepared for the worst
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom