:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

I find it pretty shocking that 49er fans really really hate Alex Smith. I know he hasn't been that great but it's a start to a new season maybe yall wanna wait a bit. I think this year he might be able to turn it around a bit...I think some of yall need to come off the ledge for now

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I find it pretty shocking that 49er fans really really hate Alex Smith. I know he hasn't been that great but it's a start to a new season maybe yall wanna wait a bit. I think this year he might be able to turn it around a bit...I think some of yall need to come off the ledge for now
Yea seriously. Have some faith you fracking imbeciles.

I'm with you a little- he is who he is. He's not going to be a Pro Bowl QB, but he will have some good games here and there, and he'll also have some crappy games. He's mediocre, but honestly, if the rest of the team plays to their expectations (defense, Gore, etc.), we can take the NFC Worst. 
Also, people always blame the QB first whenever a team sucks, but that's just how it works.

I'm with you a little- he is who he is. He's not going to be a Pro Bowl QB, but he will have some good games here and there, and he'll also have some crappy games. He's mediocre, but honestly, if the rest of the team plays to their expectations (defense, Gore, etc.), we can take the NFC Worst. 
Also, people always blame the QB first whenever a team sucks, but that's just how it works.

I have been one of the biggest Alex Smith supporters on NT.  And still am.  I just hope that the rest of the team is good enough to win in spite of his mediocrity.  

I have been one of the biggest Alex Smith supporters on NT.  And still am.  I just hope that the rest of the team is good enough to win in spite of his mediocrity.  

Originally Posted by Andrew630

but this is his 6th year. He couldnt even make a 5 yard pass to an open receiver in the endzone for *@+*'s sake.
He makes that pass, and I have no doubt we wipe that smirk off of pete caroll.
Aside from alex, I am beginning to have my serious doubts about Singletary. He sounds like the ideal coach when he has a mic in front of him, and when you hear the players speak about him, but all that hasnt necessarily translated onto the field. If we end up again with an 8-8 season...
ohwell.gif

but this is his 6th year. He couldnt even make a 5 yard pass to an open receiver in the endzone for *@+*'s sake.
He makes that pass, and I have no doubt we wipe that smirk off of pete caroll.
Aside from alex, I am beginning to have my serious doubts about Singletary. He sounds like the ideal coach when he has a mic in front of him, and when you hear the players speak about him, but all that hasnt necessarily translated onto the field. If we end up again with an 8-8 season...
ohwell.gif

I know some of yall hate Alex Smith but damn worst 49er QB of all time?
laugh.gif

Like acid mentioned, he is what he is.  A mediocre QB who can win games as long as he's not asked to do too much.  He was playing his role in Seattle until we couldn't score points in the red zone which was partly, but not entirely his fault.  Once we fell behind, Alex is not Peyton Manning and defenses know this.  It doesn't help when Seattle could just pin their ears back and rush the passer with no threat of a run.

Our defense is definitely capable of at least slowing down the Saints and I think the key will be to finish off the drives we saw in Seattle with touchdowns.

I know some of yall hate Alex Smith but damn worst 49er QB of all time?
laugh.gif

Like acid mentioned, he is what he is.  A mediocre QB who can win games as long as he's not asked to do too much.  He was playing his role in Seattle until we couldn't score points in the red zone which was partly, but not entirely his fault.  Once we fell behind, Alex is not Peyton Manning and defenses know this.  It doesn't help when Seattle could just pin their ears back and rush the passer with no threat of a run.

Our defense is definitely capable of at least slowing down the Saints and I think the key will be to finish off the drives we saw in Seattle with touchdowns.

Shaun Hill could win you games when he's not asked to do too much.

What is that telling you of Alex Smith?

49er fans are becoming impatient when was the last season this franchise had a winning record?

Pathetic.

49er fans are becoming impatient when was the last season this franchise had a winning record?

Pathetic.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Pathetic.
 4 years is impatient? Dude is a bum, he overthrows wide open WRs, gets shook over better QBs behind him, and FOLDS UNDER PRESSURE.

Singletary had to bring in the WORST backup QB possible just so Alex could feel safe this year and not have a nervous breakdown worrying about his job this year.

This team has bent over backwards to give Alex Smith everything he needed this year and as bad as I want to see the 9ers do well I am enjoying watching all of the Alex Smith defenders slowly realize what the rest of us already knew, Alex Smith belongs in the UFL.

Next year bring in a vet QB (Vick), draft a qb and let the rookie and Nate fight for the backup spot and then let them hold a clipboard until he's ready.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Pathetic.
 4 years is impatient? Dude is a bum, he overthrows wide open WRs, gets shook over better QBs behind him, and FOLDS UNDER PRESSURE.

Singletary had to bring in the WORST backup QB possible just so Alex could feel safe this year and not have a nervous breakdown worrying about his job this year.

This team has bent over backwards to give Alex Smith everything he needed this year and as bad as I want to see the 9ers do well I am enjoying watching all of the Alex Smith defenders slowly realize what the rest of us already knew, Alex Smith belongs in the UFL.

Next year bring in a vet QB (Vick), draft a qb and let the rookie and Nate fight for the backup spot and then let them hold a clipboard until he's ready.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

49er fans want winners on the field, and its hard to be patient when this team consistently is losing; hence becoming impatient.

Which they have every right to be.

I wasn't talking about being impatient with Alex Smith.

I've been on his bust bandwagon since the jump btw.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

49er fans want winners on the field, and its hard to be patient when this team consistently is losing; hence becoming impatient.

Which they have every right to be.

I wasn't talking about being impatient with Alex Smith.

I've been on his bust bandwagon since the jump btw.

-Try reading those two comments above for 6 years from very vocal Alexsexuals (die-hard Alex Smith fans) with their Alexcuses ("it not hard Alex Smith fault it's insert blank here's fault.).

-The reason Alex Smith gets a lot of hate is from his fans on the internet who are known as Alexsexuals with their Alexcuses.  They always say every year that "Alex Smith will prove the haters wrong" and "He will rise like a phoenix and that Alex Smith haters will eat crow"

-Alexsexuals always blame something else (the coaches, coordinators, the recievers, the running back, the offensive line, the defense) as to why Alex Smith did not perform and that he "needs another chance, needs more time in the offensive system, and etc."  For Alexsexuals, Alex Smith can throw 5 interceptions and they will say, "he needs more time, needs another chance, and it was someone else's fault".

-A lot of 49er fans (that aren't on the internet) and the rest of the NFL teams (except the 49ers) have know for the last 2-3 years Alex Smith is obviously a bust but the 49ers and the Alexsexuals are driven to show you they were right all along staying with Alex Smith and continue to support his losing ways and medicore QBing.

-Never has a bust QB been given 6 years to prove he is a bust.  That's why a lot of 49ers fans hate Alex Smith.  The 49ers could have had Delhomme, Bulger, or McNabb, but hey lets stay with Alex Smith to try to show the NFL he's not a bust.  

-Try reading those two comments above for 6 years from very vocal Alexsexuals (die-hard Alex Smith fans) with their Alexcuses ("it not hard Alex Smith fault it's insert blank here's fault.).

-The reason Alex Smith gets a lot of hate is from his fans on the internet who are known as Alexsexuals with their Alexcuses.  They always say every year that "Alex Smith will prove the haters wrong" and "He will rise like a phoenix and that Alex Smith haters will eat crow"

-Alexsexuals always blame something else (the coaches, coordinators, the recievers, the running back, the offensive line, the defense) as to why Alex Smith did not perform and that he "needs another chance, needs more time in the offensive system, and etc."  For Alexsexuals, Alex Smith can throw 5 interceptions and they will say, "he needs more time, needs another chance, and it was someone else's fault".

-A lot of 49er fans (that aren't on the internet) and the rest of the NFL teams (except the 49ers) have know for the last 2-3 years Alex Smith is obviously a bust but the 49ers and the Alexsexuals are driven to show you they were right all along staying with Alex Smith and continue to support his losing ways and medicore QBing.

-Never has a bust QB been given 6 years to prove he is a bust.  That's why a lot of 49ers fans hate Alex Smith.  The 49ers could have had Delhomme, Bulger, or McNabb, but hey lets stay with Alex Smith to try to show the NFL he's not a bust.  

I know many are mad that it is year 6...normally for the draft pick Alex was he should have panned out by now...but...until a couple years ago his O-Line and weapons weren't helping. Now he has weapons...IDK about the O-Line...hopefully Singletarys ripping after the game helps them.

Smith should have a good season based on his weapons, progression and the NFC West opponents...thats all the things he doesn't have control over...now he needs to execute and a great stepping stone would be on Monday Night vs the Champs. Even if he doesn't win...keep the 9ers in the game

I know many are mad that it is year 6...normally for the draft pick Alex was he should have panned out by now...but...until a couple years ago his O-Line and weapons weren't helping. Now he has weapons...IDK about the O-Line...hopefully Singletarys ripping after the game helps them.

Smith should have a good season based on his weapons, progression and the NFC West opponents...thats all the things he doesn't have control over...now he needs to execute and a great stepping stone would be on Monday Night vs the Champs. Even if he doesn't win...keep the 9ers in the game

Back
Top Bottom